Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LGT Final: LA 107, LCU 56

Default Re: MBB game thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I’m assuming since Gio Nannucci didn’t play tonight the plan is to redshirt?
    Christian Landry didn't play either. Can you play at all and still redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Christian Landry didn't play either. Can you play at all and still redshirt?
    No, once you enter a game that's it. It's not like football.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Then it makes no sense that Nannuci wouldn't play unless he is injured.

The game against UT-Tyler was an exhibition and doesn't count as a game played for redshirt purposes.

Which is BS. There needs to be a percentage of games played that counts against eligibility like football. Basketball plays 3 times as many games as football. Football gets 4. Basketball should be able to play in 4 games AT LEAST without losing a year. With that being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Gio redshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Which is BS. There needs to be a percentage of games played that counts against eligibility like football. Basketball plays 3 times as many games as football. Football gets 4. Basketball should be able to play in 4 games AT LEAST without losing a year. With that being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Gio redshirts.
    I agree. It makes absolutely no sense; it should be a percentage of the games. It is beneficial to the player and the team.

7. Default Re: MBB game thread!

My son said Bob Marlin told the greeks that the frat/sorority that had the highest attendance, he'd cut them a check to their philanthropic cause of their choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by JASD View Post
    My son said Bob Marlin told the greeks that the frat/sorority that had the highest attendance, he'd cut them a check to their philanthropic cause of their choosing.
    And it looks like he will since that was part of the winner being announced, thou Marlin was not named in the announcement.

Question.anyone else see the gentlman collapse near the team bench along the baseline in the second half? Hope he is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And it looks like he will since that was part of the winner being announced, thou Marlin was not named in the announcement.

Question.anyone else see the gentlman collapse near the team bench along the baseline in the second half? Hope he is ok.
    Yes. Dan mentioned that he thought a Cajun player or someone ran into him but looking back, that was not the case so I'm not sure what happened there. Like you said, I hope he is ok!

That was Hans. I won’t go into specifics but he had some kind of episode. It wasn’t from a player running him over.

Default Re: LGT Final: LA 107, LCU 56

Thanks 918 and M$M. No such thing as a good time to have an episode, but help was close at hand and immediate.

Thanks 918 and M$M. No such thing as a good time to have an episode, but help was close at hand and immediate.
    Yeah, he fell right in front of the sports medicine fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by JASD View Post
    Great idea CBM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    School record 18 3s made tonight.
    Ragin Cajuns MBB Facebook page has a video of all 18 3 pointers made. You will notice a good job was done in getting guys good looks for those shots. Either dribble penetration into the lane, an in and pass out from the middle, or guys running hard to their spots during transition contributed to those good looks. 27 assists on the night is also encouraging. Regardless of competition, knocking down 18 threes in any contest is impressive. Now let’s see if they can win a game away from home against tougher competition if 3’s don’t fall. Bench getting lots of minutes last night hopefully helped prepare them for bigger roles. Lack of bench production hurt at Toledo. Some of that was due to only 8 guys playing. All 10 regulars may need to get some time so as starters are not winded at game end.

Was in a restaurant earlier was watching the first half of Wright State at Indiana. WSU was steadily 10 down most of the half.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information