Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Tigue Turf

Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Right? Didn’t think I was sharing anything ground breaking. Was straight from the mouth of the horse. Getting accused as a troll is probably why I only have 86 posts, lol.
    And it would really require someone to look at college baseball fields that have that design before commenting and over-reacting.

Default Re: Tigue Turf

I'm glad y'all shared, thanks. Only asked about the dirt mound because I remember Jay and Gunner talking about it during one of Jay's pods/interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And it would really require someone to look at college baseball fields that have that design before commenting and over-reacting.
    I think we should be fine with anything that doesn’t have the poo-drip swamp overlay the dome used to have.

Right? Didn’t think I was sharing anything ground breaking. Was straight from the mouth of the horse. Getting accused as a troll is probably why I only have 86 posts, lol.
    That is the same thing I said. Some folks don't like facts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    To be fair here is what it looks like field level and not filtered....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yeah, I don't care for that style turf, either, but I'm gonna wait to see our version before freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, I don't care for that style turf, either, but I'm gonna wait to see our version before freaking out.
    I for one was not freaking out. I have just never liked that look, and prob never will. But I’m thinking I’ll wait to see the final product first before making a final decision on it.

8. Default Re: Tigue Turf

In the MLB natural turf groundskeepers can and would change the stripes weekly or even daily if they wished.

I'm sure that is, what this design is trying to emulate.

I think it will look good initially.

Somehow looking forward it seems like a static stripe will grow old visually faster than plain imitation grass ever did.

In fact I've never heard a complaint about the solid grass look.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I for one was not freaking out. I have just never liked that look, and prob never will. But I’m thinking I’ll wait to see the final product first before making a final decision on it.
    i just hope their is less contrast between the two different greens, if you get two colors closer together i think it will look more natural

10. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    We've all seen our share of turf mounds and striped fields. It looks terrible. Full stop.

New mound will be turf.
    I think that would be a Huge mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Same here.

13. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Ha, was a serious post. No troll. Outfield design is going to have the alternating dark and light stripes. Similar to Southeastern's turf.
    That sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Red instead of Brown (like USM) would look better for us given our school colors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information