Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tigue Turf

Default Tigue Turf

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Somone said it's the equipment for the Tigue repairs.
    What kind of repairs beside the turf?

Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    What kind of repairs beside the turf?
    I'm out of the know... but curious about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    I'm out of the know... but curious about this as well.
    Yes, the turf is being completely replaced beginning the week after Thanksgiving. They will check the drainage while the turf has been removed as well. New turf and new graphics for the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, the turf is being completely replaced beginning the week after Thanksgiving. They will check the drainage while the turf has been removed as well. New turf and new graphics for the season opener.
    Oh hell yea. You know if we're keeping the dirt mound?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Oh hell yea. You know if we're keeping the dirt mound?
    Can't answer specifics, I haven't heard if the staff doesn't want the dirt mound.

I thought I heard here that once the present big screen at CF is replaced, it will be moved to the Tigue? Is that true? Would be great if so

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I thought I heard here that once the present big screen at CF is replaced, it will be moved to the Tigue? Is that true? Would be great if so
    Would make too much sense, wouldn’t it?

Can't answer specifics, I haven't heard if the staff doesn't want the dirt mound.
    New mound will be turf.

9. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Tigue would be great or tradition would move it to South Endzone for DoorAds which was what they did once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Tigue would be great or tradition would move it to South Endzone for DoorAds which was what they did once before.
    That thing is getting some age on it. It might be better to scrap it. Technology has moved a long ways since it was built. Even some billboards seem better these days. But I am not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    That thing is getting some age on it. It might be better to scrap it. Technology has moved a long ways since it was built. Even some billboards seem better these days. But I am not an expert.
    Agreed. I cannot imagine it would make economic sense to move it to the Tigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I like the idea of moving it to the Tigue but find myself agreeing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Agreed. I cannot imagine it would make economic sense to move it to the Tigue.
    What's your logic there? Cheaper than buying a new one.

Friend of mine is a sales rep for Daktronics and he says the Cajun Field screen is a relic by today's standards.

The screen at Lamson was installed in 2020, and it would be compared to an 80lb plasma screen TV.

The screen at Cajun Field would be like the 80" Mitsubishi "big screen" that your grandpa bought at local electronics store in 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    What's your logic there? Cheaper than buying a new one.
    First off it is 10 year old electronic technology. That is very old in terms of electronics. These systems also require a considerable amount of protection from the environment. Much of which would be compromised with the process of removal and reinstallation. The support system to reinstall in a new location would be extensive and you would be building it for a decade old system that won't have any type of warranty and probably is towards the end of its support life by the manufacturer.

A new system today is probably going to be cheaper than what the original system cost, have much better performance and will come with a warranty and an extended support life span.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information