Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tigue Turf

Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Friend of mine is a sales rep for Daktronics and he says the Cajun Field screen is a relic by today's standards.

The screen at Lamson was installed in 2020, and it would be compared to an 80lb plasma screen TV.

The screen at Cajun Field would be like the 80" Mitsubishi "big screen" that your grandpa bought at local electronics store in 1997.
    I get all that…but still: I think all would agree that the Tigue’s SB is even more outdated, and needs replacement. I guess the only question would be is the cost of moving the one @CF significantly less than buying a new one? I mean a less outdated one to replace the much more outdated…and much smaller one…than we have now at the Tigue would be a huge improvement. Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    First off it is 10 year old electronic technology. That is very old in terms of electronics. These systems also require a considerable amount of protection from the environment. Much of which would be compromised with the process of removal and reinstallation. The support system to reinstall in a new location would be extensive and you would be building it for a decade old system that won't have any type of warranty and probably is towards the end of its support life by the manufacturer.

A new system today is probably going to be cheaper than what the original system cost, have much better performance and will come with a warranty and an extended support life span.
    Thanks. Yeah putting it that way explains why getting a new one makes more sense. I wish I had seen it before I posted my last post.

hese systems also require a considerable amount of protection from the environment. Much of which would be compromised with the process of removal and reinstallation.
    same friend also told me that the unit we selected for Cajun Field has had issues from day 1 due to humidity and temperature

and just an FYI -- the scoreboard at the Tigue was replaced by Daktronics following the 2013 season, and the big screen at Cajun Field was installed in 2014

same friend also told me that the unit we selected for Cajun Field has had issues from day 1 due to humidity and temperature

and just an FYI -- the scoreboard at the Tigue was replaced by Daktronics following the 2013 season, and the big screen at Cajun Field was installed in 2014
    Thx…I was trying to date each one.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I thought I heard here that once the present big screen at CF is replaced, it will be moved to the Tigue? Is that true? Would be great if so
    PLEASE take the sound system with it.

I remember that. The problem is that many of the qualification testing requirements for all sorts of building materials simple don't go far enough for our environment along the Gulf Coast.

First off it is 10 year old electronic technology. That is very old in terms of electronics. These systems also require a considerable amount of protection from the environment. Much of which would be compromised with the process of removal and reinstallation. The support system to reinstall in a new location would be extensive and you would be building it for a decade old system that won't have any type of warranty and probably is towards the end of its support life by the manufacturer.

A new system today is probably going to be cheaper than what the original system cost, have much better performance and will come with a warranty and an extended support life span.
    Plus at the Tigue you have the faux brick facade and signage built around the current scoreboard . It wouldn’t make sense to rebuild all of that on a 10 + year old scoreboard

8. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    PLEASE take the sound system with it.
    In a smaller venue like The Tigue where the volume doesn't need to be as loud (and with new speakers) it could be a perfect match.

Now Can it handle Home Run balls?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, the turf is being completely replaced beginning the week after Thanksgiving. They will check the drainage while the turf has been removed as well. New turf and new graphics for the season opener.
    I talked to the tree guy last week, who was in a meeting the day before with turf company and UL staff. Apparently there are some roots in the outfield currently pushing up the turf that they are trying to solve while salvaging the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    New mound will be turf.
    I'm going to bite on the troll post. No way Gunner would want this, right? I would think it would be his call.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I'm going to bite on the troll post. No way Gunner would want this, right? I would think it would be his call.
    You can't be serious. James Bond isn't a troll.

12. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You can't be serious. James Bond isn't a troll.
    Well he is 0'fer 0'fer Seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well he is 0'fer 0'fer Seven.
    0 for 7 in what?

14. Default Re: Equipment Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    0 for 7 in what?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Ha, was a serious post. No troll. Outfield design is going to have the alternating dark and light stripes. Similar to Southeastern's turf.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information