Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBC tells the “PAC 2” to pound sand

Default SBC tells the “PAC 2” to pound sand

Wow…but I agree. A H/H would be nice though, absolutely with first trip here.

Dr. Maggard, nice way to open new stadium. Just sayin’…

https://sports.yahoo.com/who-will-co.140006253.html

Default Re: SBC tells the “PAC 2” to pound sand

Says a lot about the Sun Belt that they tried to do this rather than the same with the MWC (or maybe they have and I just don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

I would have taken that opportunity. Would have cemented the SBC as the top G5, at least in the short-term. What would it have hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Says a lot about the Sun Belt that they tried to do this rather than the same with the MWC (or maybe they have and I just don't know)
    MWC holds the cards in that relationship. Their commissioner drew a line in the sand on SDSU awhile back, and the conference got lock step with her. No wavering from the MWC, SBC obviously a better option than the MAC or CDOA. Looking at the American, SBC is the pick of the litter.

As mentioned, there was no financial incentive for the SBC. Unless the PAC 2 win in court, they’re done. Obviously there is bad blood administratively within the PAC 12. Can survival outweigh pride.

IDK about a conference wide deal, but Maggard should definitely be working some Home and Homes with both schools if he can.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    IDK about a conference wide deal, but Maggard should definitely be working some Home and Homes with both schools if he can.
    We should be able to get rid of NMSU next year since they cancelled on us. Should allow for a quick H/H with one of em. We also need a home game in 25

Notice it says presidents said no, not ADs.

While home and home would be nice, these schools usually pay sunbelt like schools close to 1,000,000 to go play up there…think we would make up for that with a home game against Oregon state or Washington state…not even close…TJOe def ain’t signing off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Absolutely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    We should be able to get rid of NMSU next year since they cancelled on us. Should allow for a quick H/H with one of em. We also need a home game in 25
    Good idea. Not long ago Cajuns were scheduled for a game at Wyoming that was cancelled on us. We were prepared to go out west, so why not play H/H against either the Cougars or Beavers?

10. Default Re: SBC tells the “PAC 2” to pound sand

The long term perception value, would have been worth millions in the next round of negotiations.

I’m not sure how to feel about this.

Who retains the pac12's automatic bids?

Seems like auto bid ownership came into conversion for some prior conference mergers/dissolvement proceedings

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Good idea. Not long ago Cajuns were scheduled for a game at Wyoming that was cancelled on us. We were prepared to go out west, so why not play H/H against either the Cougars or Beavers?
    Why not both. Alternate the h/h so one home and one road each year

We travel to North Carolina and West Virginia. Is the travel to Washington and Oregon really that much more? To me, it would have been a great boost to our conference in a number of sports.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information