Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m really worried about the offseason portal as well.
    hopefully we go shopping

2. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    hopefully we go shopping
    . . . that’s what I’m talking about . . .

CMD says too much about what his team is going to do schematically and gives the opponent important information ahead of the game. Not so much this press conference as he seems lost. I am not sure if he’s finally learned his lesson or just clueless. Everyone also needs more stern accountability from him.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    This week is gonna be tough, I mean…ya know
    Word of advice to you young people. DO NOT play a drinking game with this. You will not survive.

5. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

. . . young whippersnappers usually end up in their place . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Word of advice to you young people. DO NOT play a drinking game with this. You will not survive.
    There isn’t enough Admiral in the world to make it through one of his pressers.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I'm afraid this team will be gutted after the season. Any player with a semblance of talent will portal out. Brace yourselveswinter is coming.
    I will judge this coaching staff more on the number of players portaling than the W/L of this year. One of the selling points of this staff has been the upholding of the culture and finding student athletes that buy in and want to stay. If there is a considerable exodus, not good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I will judge this coaching staff more on the number of players portaling than the W/L of this year. One of the selling points of this staff has been the upholding of the culture and finding student athletes that buy in and want to stay. If there is a considerable exodus, not good.
    That cULture is gone. It went to Florida

9. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That cULture is gone. It went to Florida
    . . . well, it is suffering mightily in Florida also right now . . .

10. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Tends to happen when you build a team from scratch in the toughest conference in America

11. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

. . . CMD was a big swing for a Robe type coach . . . one who would never leave here if he is able to create a destiny here . . . faced with skyrocketing coaches salaries at every level and the known inability to retain talent because of NIL, they made such a decision . . . the jury is still out on exactly what success he will have if they continue to give him a chance, however he is competing in an uphill battle of circumstances with NIL and free transfer . . . good look CMD and hope you are given a fair chance and the time to establish yourself as the HFC of Louisiana . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . CMD was a big swing for a Robe type coach . . . one who would never leave here if he is able to create a destiny here . . . faced with skyrocketing coaches salaries at every level and the known inability to retain talent because of NIL, they made such a decision . . . the jury is still out on exactly what success he will have if they continue to give him a chance, however he is competing in an uphill battle of circumstances with NIL and free transfer . . . good look CMD and hope you are given a fair chance and the time to establish yourself as the HFC of Louisiana . . .
    Football is not baseball; can you tell me a successful FBS college program that has groomed a local coach with sustained success?

13. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Just like 80% of the sport.

14. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux Press Conference - Nov. 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Football is not baseball, can you tell me a successful FBS college program that has groomed a local coach with sustained success?
    . . . this was not my plan, it was theirs . . . so you will have to ask them . . . but this is my guess on what part of the hiring process and the decision makers were hoping for . . .

. . . this was not my plan, it was theirs . . . so you will have to ask them . . . but this is my guess on what part of the hiring process and the decision makers were hoping for . . .
    Well their decision deserves criticism considering we are two years removed from our greatest football seasons yet program apathy and attendance is nearing all-time lows. Their decision plays a huge part in the current direction of our program. Not sure how you can continue to attack those fans that are upset with what is happening, which is the great majority.

By the way I'm a big optimist, have always given coaches the benefit of the doubt here, but you can't disregard how your fan base feels. Criticism comes with the territory.

I hope CMD gets it turned around, but fan criticism should be expected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information