Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 Coaching Carousel

1. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    He's also basing everything off of the fact that he KNOWS 750k was all we could afford.
    . . . all I can say is that there was a little bird . . . it was the same bird that told me that the HFC was going to be CMD . . . remember that . . .

Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

He's also basing everything off of the fact that he KNOWS 750k was all we could afford.
    Right. I mean, I know that Dan Lanning probably would not have come here for $750K. But for $1 mln? I don't know, I don't know the guy. Maybe.

No matter what, you can't say definitely no. Because in the last couple years of Napier being here, we retained him over some much bigger paydays at several SEC schools.

Anyone who tries to disregard that sequence of events needs to have their agenda checked.or the agenda of whoever they are parroting checked.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Right. I mean, I know that Dan Lanning probably would not have come here for $750K. But for $1 mln? I don't know, I don't know the guy. Maybe.

No matter what, you can't say definitely no. Because in the last couple years of Napier being here, we retained him over some much bigger paydays at several SEC schools.

Anyone who tries to disregard that sequence of events needs to have their agenda checked.or the agenda of whoever they are parroting checked.
    He might have if a national search was done. I remember being the first to say on this site that Mike would be the next head coach of the Cajuns before Napier even left, most folks laughed at me until they seen I was correct. One poster wanted to bet me $10,000 that he would not be the next coach. He is glad I don't bet. Mike was being pushed before Napier left. The Cajuns got what they paid for.

4. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

. . . don’t remember most of that but do remember people being really upset with the news provided from Vic’s bird that CMD was going to be the next HFC for Louisiana . . .

5. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We know, we know, you keep bringing this up in every thread.

Actually.you keep asking who we could have hired for $750K that is tearing it up now. The answer, as you have astutely pointed out, is Dan Lanning.

Your predictable response: "Dan Lanning would never have come here for $750K."

Reality: Who knows what he would have done had Cristobal not left Oregon. I don't, and you don't. So he was worth considering.
    Further reality: He was here on campus and knew full well what the pay would be.

6. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . all I can say is that there was a little bird . . . it was the same bird that told me that the HFC was going to be CMD . . . remember that . . .
    Many MANY people knew it would be Mike before the SBC CG game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Further reality: He was here on campus and knew full well what the pay would be.
    That isn’t accurate.

8. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

. . . Vic broke the news here . . .

LoL! Vic, if you close your lil eyes tight tight, you can see the bird I'm giving you right now. By the way, One of my customers came in and we got to talking all things Cajuns, including RP. I told him you were a customer of mine and who you were on here. He didn't believe me. LoL. He's an old buddy of yours. I'll message you.

Look at all the so-call great coaching hires for millions only to fire them with huge payouts. Who's to say we might have paid $1-$2M and still made a bad hire. A lot of great programs have the same record we do. Napier was an uncertainty and we got lucky. Florida is uncertain right now but will likely give him a 3rd year. Remember we lost a lot of great players and half our staff when Napier left. The book is still out on Des. Year 3 will tell the story.

11. Default Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel

. . . oh c’mon man . . . everybody knows Dan Lanning should be here and leaving for ATM . . . if only for that National Coaching Search . . .

We all forgot Fitzgerald at Northwestern.

LoL! Vic, if you close your lil eyes tight tight, you can see the bird I'm giving you right now. By the way, One of my customers came in and we got to talking all things Cajuns, including RP. I told him you were a customer of mine and who you were on here. He didn't believe me. LoL. He's an old buddy of yours. I'll message you.
    Didn't that old buddy have a son that played golf at UL?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    That isn’t accurate.
    What isn't accurate about that?

. . . oh c’mon man . . . everybody knows Dan Lanning should be here and leaving for ATM . . . if only for that National Coaching Search . . .
    Cav gets very uncomfortable when the conversation doesn't revolve around him or his beliefs (or, more specifically, the beliefs of the person who holds Cav in parrot mode). See what's happening here? We aren't even talking about anything related to anything he's brought up in this thread.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information