Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns and Billy Napier

1. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

. . . not too sure what a national search would reveal when the salary limit is $750,000 . . .

Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Our class is good.
    Just looked at On3 and our class is ranked 13th out of 14 teams. Only ahead of ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Just looked at On3 and our class is ranked 13th out of 14 teams. Only ahead of ULM.
    that ranking has no credibility--choose the reason why from excuses below:

1) site is owned by a cabal of all the refs that hate ul, and "hose them" in every game across all sports;

2) site is controlled by lsu, who is so threatened by "LOUISIANA" being an hour down the road that recruiting ratings tampering was seen as worth the risk of detection;

3) Martin Hall is back-door sabotaging the ratings to keep the football program down; or

4) Huey Long's influence on that rating service

4. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

. . . that guy is crazy and now I can see why MAT believes he suffers from poor reading and comprehension . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Here’s a simple but interesting question: why was Napier so successful in the Sun Belt but so bad in the SEC?

It’s almost as if the Sun Belt isn’t on the same level as the SEC. And if that’s the case, then what would Napier bring back to UL? More Sun Belt success, which still would not compare to any sort of P5 conference success? Sure, UL would obtain some degree of short term gain, but how can anyone think that would translate into longer term success?
    It’s almost as if his predecessor didn’t recruit and he had to build a roster to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post

1) site is owned by a cabal of all the refs that hate ul, and "hose them" in every game across all sports;

2) site is controlled by lsu, who is so threatened by "LOUISIANA" being an hour down the road that recruiting ratings tampering was seen as worth the risk of detection;

3) Martin Hall is back-door sabotaging the ratings to keep the football program down; or

Your shtick is played out playa

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    I know what it says, I’m telling you those guys can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Your shtick is played out playa
    made ya' look.

Napier is not ever coming back to the Cajuns. Silly to even mention it. However, those were nice days to remember, his first year as head coach, 2018 Sun Belt West Champs at 7-7 overall, 5-3 Sunbelt, 2nd year Sun Belt West Champs at 11-3 overall, 7-1 Sun Belt. This was all before we upset Iowa St which threw UL into the Rankings for the first time. Fun times indeed.
    What are we now? 5-5 overall, 2-4 Sun Belt bottom. Not so much fun.

If Des doesn’t work out. Maggard may just go with him. The failure to do a national search for our football program HC after our HC moved onto to a P5 program for the first time in history will never be forgotten if we continue to have losing seasons.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We don’t do national searches around here. We just hire locally.
    I hear Louie Cook is available

So edgy and clever

13. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . not too sure what a national search would reveal when the salary limit is $750,000 . . .
    You could publicly state you are offering $400 thousand and get 50 applicants.

thanks on the clever part, but i accept it was a distant 2nd to the post of a boardie on another thread that morphed my handle into “son is a sissy.” real talent there.

thanks on the clever part, but i accept it was a distant 2nd to the post of a boardie on another thread that morphed my handle into “son is a sissy.” real talent there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information