Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns and Billy Napier

1. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You could publicly state you are offering $400 thousand and get 50 applicants.
    . . . Jimbo Fisher is not acceptable here, do you really think even one name of the 50 would be . . . I posted a thread to attempt to flesh out some names and in RP fashion, it was crickets until you deleted it . . . evidence we are not even amenable to a brainstorm where the sky is the limit, much less a national search other than to complain . . .

Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I hear Louie Cook is available
    Louie is about to retire. When Baldwin was hired was the only time Louie would have been a viable candidate. The rest of the hires with Louie mentioned were just satire.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Louie is about to retire. When Baldwin was hired was the only time Louie would have been a viable candidate. The rest of the hires with Louie mentioned were just satire.
    Hire Brent Indest.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Hire Brent Indest.
    Time to bring the Wing T back to college ball lol

Sarcasm my guy. If I had a dollar for everytime someone mentioned his name as a candidate over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You could publicly state you are offering $400 thousand and get 50 applicants.
    Yes, but who would those applicants be? I personally would like to apply for that position.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Sarcasm my guy. If I had a dollar for everytime someone mentioned his name as a candidate over the years.
    I have had one on one conversations with a QB that played in a Super Bowl and he said Louie would have been a great hire in place of Baldwin. Louie was his OC here I trust his judgement. A former coach that coached with him on Stokley’s staff that now sits next to Jay in the both has said the same to a relative of mine. He knows what he is talking about.

Shexnyder wanted Larry Blakeney who would have been a good hire also from then 1AA Troy.

I have had one on one conversations with a QB that played in a Super Bowl and he said Louie would have been a great hire in place of Baldwin. Louie was his OC here I trust his judgement. A former coach that coached with him on Stokley’s staff that now sits next to Jay in the both has said the same to a relative of mine. He knows what he is talking about.

Shexnyder wanted Larry Blakeney who would have been a good hire also from then 1AA Troy.
    Maybe we can hire Jake or Gerald.

9. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

. . . if we can’t have anyone from the berry, we can’t have anybody from Crowley either . . .

Don’t forget who called Shex home because he hired Baldwin for political gain. No not Authement it was Blanco. Never forget it. Set our program back 25 years.

11. Default Re: Cajuns and Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Don’t forget who called Shex home because he hired Baldwin for political gain. No not Authement it was Blanco. Never forget it. Set our program back 25 years.
    . . . how can a coach who was here in 2001 set back a program 25 years when we had a 4 year run starting in 2011 9 and 4 years and were ranked in the top 25 less than 20 years latter . . . help me with that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I know what it says, I’m telling you those guys can play.
    Had a couple of former teammates visit the new football facility this past weekend and ran into the recruiting coord. They took a look at the recruiting board that CBN created when he got here. They were told the coaches had reviewed over 900 senior players this season and our commitment board looked nothing like the On3 website. The main difference was the number of commitments, 247 and On3 have us with 7 commits. Our board has us with 16. Same old story about asking commits to not make they decision public to not lose them. I didn't see the board and I have to believe some of the commits are probably shaky, but at the same time I was happy to hear our recruitment looks better than what we can see online.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Time to bring the Wing T back to college ball lol
    I'm game.

I have had one on one conversations with a QB that played in a Super Bowl and he said Louie would have been a great hire in place of Baldwin. Louie was his OC here I trust his judgement. A former coach that coached with him on Stokley’s staff that now sits next to Jay in the both has said the same to a relative of mine. He knows what he is talking about
    Coach Cook would have been our Blakeney or better.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Had a couple of former teammates visit the new football facility this past weekend and ran into the recruiting coord. They took a look at the recruiting board that CBN created when he got here. They were told the coaches had reviewed over 900 senior players this season and our commitment board looked nothing like the On3 website. The main difference was the number of commitments, 247 and On3 have us with 7 commits. Our board has us with 16. Same old story about asking commits to not make they decision public to not lose them. I didn't see the board and I have to believe some of the commits are probably shaky, but at the same time I was happy to hear our recruitment looks better than what we can see online.
    I’m not a fan of keeping commits private, it’s advertising for the program.

This class will be ok. Out recruit your competitors at 3 positions and you’ll win more than you lose. OL, DL and QB.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information