Thread: A change in attitude and direction

Default Re: A change in attitude and direction

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Got all the answers
    Geaux Abbeville beat Lutcher.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    They will NEVER relinquish control
    Fair enough.... why does ever credit union have to allow members to vote? Why do shareholders of every company do the same.... seems possible, not sure why any are against it other than who posted it

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Another brilliant post....
    Another generic post that has no identification whatsoever towards the actual thread.

Maybe game day goes to schools where the posters don't attack each other

Blue Collar...That's what Acadian is and has always been, blue collar. Think about it, even if you have a white collar lifestyle, chances are you or someone in your family started out with a blue collar career...farming, oilfield, machine work, off shore work, factory work etc. Maybe you have your own company, chances are your start was a blue collar start....hard work, tough decisions, financial setbacks..tough times.

The cULture ( all UL sports) are at its core, are blue collar...no one gets a pass, work, keep working, work harder...all coaches speak that language...at P5 schools, it's next 5 star player up, here it's who works the hardest...

So, if Maggard and his minions along with RCAF, would take on a new attitude...Blue Collar Cajuns. Lafayette has median HH income under
    $60k... The top half of the medium income has been soaked or have no interest in supporting UL.,. but the bottom half does. UL has managed to alienated thousands of the under 60k crowd...change the direction and focus to blue collar folks,appeal to the "you work hard you should play hard, see you at CF".....it's untapped, forgotten, and ignored part of the areas population, The cULture is all hard work and hard play...Blue Collar Cajuns
    I don’t know who you are but, where you heard”Blue Collar “, i agree. I have been relaying that thought to many CajunNation fans, alumni staff, and some high profile Alumni I know and even some Athletic staff.

Thanks for putting this out to the Cajun Nation.

A bread winner just starting out in life with 3 - 5 mouths to feed, who would like to go to a Ragin Cajun sports event, would have to pay $25/ general admission ticket and then the ridiculous priced concessions, could possibly speed close to $200 with tickets and concessions for his family. He’s gonna think twice about going.

Have you noticed the ages of our fans, we’re “Baby Boomers” , who are the consistant ticket holders. Once we’re gone, where is the fan base.

When I worked at the Athletic Department, I meet people from New Orleans, Houston,and alumni from towns within 30-40 miles from Lafayette. I don’t see that now. WE’RE A LOCALIZED FAN BASE.

When I worked for Terry Don Phillips, he told me the first thing he did was, find out how many people lived within 50 miles of Lafayette, close 400k. His thoughts, we should be able to 30k of this number to come to our games. He didn’t know we lived in a Tiger environment. He even tried using a ticket booklet plan, where one buys a booklet, it could be used for any UL sporting, like a credit/debit card. When u run out of funds on the card, purchase more. With todays technology, it can be done and it’s a way to select a sport or game one would like to attend.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Blue Collar...That's what Acadian is and has always been, blue collar. Think about it, even if you have a white collar lifestyle, chances are you or someone in your family started out with a blue collar career...farming, oilfield, machine work, off shore work, factory work etc. Maybe you have your own company, chances are your start was a blue collar start....hard work, tough decisions, financial setbacks..tough times.

The cULture ( all UL sports) are at its core, are blue collar...no one gets a pass, work, keep working, work harder...all coaches speak that language...at P5 schools, it's next 5 star player up, here it's who works the hardest...

So, if Maggard and his minions along with RCAF, would take on a new attitude...Blue Collar Cajuns. Lafayette has median HH income under
    $60k...The top half of the medium income has been soaked or have no interest in supporting UL.,.but the bottom half does. UL has managed to alienated thousands of the under 60k crowd...change the direction and focus to blue collar folks,appeal to the "you work hard you should play hard, see you at CF".....it's untapped, forgotten, and ignored part of the areas population, The cULture is all hard work and hard play...Blue Collar Cajuns
    So the many USL/UL alum that lives in Acadiana that has season tickets in BR and pay a lot more than us are white collarfans? And the USL/UL alum that chose to support their own school are blue collar fans? If only our own alum in Acadiana that drive to BR every week would stay home and support their own school our attendance problems would be solved.

I guarantee there are a lot more blue collar workers like farmers, offshore, mechanics, welders, electricians, plumbers…. in Tiger stadium paying a lot more than they would here to see a cajuns game. Don’t think it is a money issue. It’s an event issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information