Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Default How could we get the Administration to Care?

I don’t know what else we can do as fans?

The UL community has tried talking about how to improve community engagement, to tailgating, parking, concessions, creating cULture etc To not just cater to the people with money but to the community if you want to improve fan support.

We have came up with ideas on how to improve UL athletics.

How do we get the Administrators to give a $***?

Obviously pay is not enough to motivate them to action.

What could we do to motivate them to action?

2. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Develop a culture of work rather than a culture of outsourcing.

I think this do nothing public operation thats been happening is a lingering effect of the work from home culture that developed during covid.

Constant non stop in person interaction is the only way the disconnected administration will ever reconnect.

3. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

There isn't anything we can do. They hate athletics' success taking shine away from academics and making them have to work. They hate their fanbase. They think they're better than you, smarter than you, more important than you. They don't want or like your input, and how dare you even think you have a say.

Like Robe did, we have to do it ourselves.

Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There isn't anything we can do. They hate athletics' success taking shine away from academics and making them have to work. They hate their fanbase. They think they're better than you, smarter than you, more important than you. They don't want or like your input, and how dare you even think you have a say.

Sad but I think you are accurate ! I don’t want to end up bashing the Admin thread but the apathy coming out of MH is outstanding !!

Like Gerry said. It is hard being a UL fan.

Is is possible to put out a Martin Hall / Athletic Department crony list? Let’s at least expose these lazy elitist for who they are!

7. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Is is possible to put out a Martin Hall / Athletic Department crony list? Let’s at least expose these lazy elitist for who they are!
    I created a thread on this website several years ago. It was called 'The Culprits', and it did just that. Since then, every person highlighted was fired, 'reassinged' or moved on to different schools. I got so much pushback from the admin, it was borderline harassment.

We're getting close to publishing The Culprits 2.0. I care a lot less now than I did then.

I created a thread on this website several years ago. It was called 'The Culprits', and it did just that. Since then, every person highlighted was fired, 'reassinged' or moved on to different schools. I got so much pushback from the admin, it was borderline harassment.

We're getting close to publishing The Culprits 2.0. I care a lot less now than I did then.
    You got a response from the administration man that is progress, negative or positive. I guess that what it takes to get an answer !

Ok…I remember that. Well, it sounds like 2.0 is much needed. Keep grinding the good fight, sir!

10. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Getting them replaced didn't work, getting them to care might be harder but more fruitful.

I like Bryan Maggard. I really do. He has done alot here, but alot more is needed to be done. His job is like a sales job. Ok that was last month, now what are you going to do for us this month and on and on and on! He should understand that in his role as he makes alot of money. He is still light years ahead of Scott Farmer.
    2024 and 2025 will be great for Cajun Nation. Hang on tight!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I like Bryan Maggard. I really do. He has done alot here, but alot more is needed to be done. His job is like a sales job. Ok that was last month, now what are you going to do for us this month and on and on and on! He should understand that in his role as he makes alot of money. He is still light years ahead of Scott Farmer.
    Nah!! I disagree Farmer got stuff done he redid the Baseball Field, got the Athletic Complex built, added the seats to Cajun Field, attendance was good at football games. He didn’t push anyone away!

We can talk about well it was different, we hadn’t had a winning season in 40 years, he got lucky!!

I wish we would get lucky now. I would give Maggard all the credit. Farmer was the athletic director when that happen he gets the credit that’s it !

I don’t want to hear the woulda, coulda, shoulda it’s going to epic nonsense what are you doing now to improve it ?

2024, 2025? What about 2023!

Is he planning a big vacation between November and December till the end of the year ?

They need help.

The community is filled with people willing to help IF they’re asked.

Hud knew this.

Where's Maggard been lately? I feel like we used to hear from him all the time. Now all we get is retweets and inspirational quotes on twitter.

I feel like 2018-2019 Maggard would have seen this conversation play out, issued a public statement saying something like "everyone chill out. we need 2 extra weeks for the renderings. Funding is in place and the project is a go. Stand by."

I like your optimism. Dr Maggard is far better than SF was IMO. Our challenge is that leadership above his level doesn’t seem to really care about athletics. Most of us thought that would change with Dr S; but it really didn’t. Strong athletic programs don’t hurt academics but it seems our leadership is success averse WRT athletics. RR had a couple Texas State callers Thursday night. I didn’t catch all their comments. But what you can take from their current uptick in athletics is a President that cares, and OPENLY promotes athletics. That is leading to a much stronger buy in from the student body AND the community.
    So many people say how LSU is so close and how the Lafayette community follows them. Well, UT-Austin is closer to San Marcos than Lafayette is to BR! But TxSt is bringing energy FROM THE TOP to engage with fans.
    Pretty solid model that WOULD WORK in Lafayette/Acadiana area with similar engagement from our leadership.
    Not a rant … just facts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information