Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How could we get the Administration to Care?

1. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Has anyone complaining about the admin, ever had outside people complain about their own passion? IF you have what was your response? I know what i have witnessed in my job with co-workers and peers. Human behavior should be considered when throwing out assumptions. about the admin care levels and passion to fix the problems we have.

I had a lot more to type and it hit me, these post and threads wont stop. some people just need a single point to place blame for a complicated problem. i feel like the admin has just ignored what has turned into "white noise" and they will just try to do what they feel will help.
    Spot on with the white noise scenario, but when you stand back . the lack of noise is creating the white noise.

UL officials should be out in public creating their own noise at least a portion of every day.

Anoid from the void is spinning full circle.

Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No, some people are tired of watching the same obvious mistakes being made over and over and over again. Ever consider that there's a reason why these "posts won't stop"? Maybe because they're justified.

These are not assumptions. The people pulling the levers of power around here have no problem telling you what their real intentions are. Look around.
    your NOT wrong for wanting to try new things, or even multiple things all at once(my personal vote). there has to be a path or method of bringing these ideas and changes up that is supportive.

i promise you this, for a small size example, there can easily be 100 different demands being made, with at least half of those being in direct opposition with each other. meaning if everything that could be done gets done, there is a group where half would get the direct opposite than what they wanted, or the decision to keep things the same would have to be made instead.

Insert 'business' into your post and you can say the same things. Good businesses adapt and bad businesses fail. Stop justifying bad business practices by blaming external factors.
    not blaming external factors at all. if anything the post was about, wanting to change, getting the change you wanted, and now wanting to go back, because the people didnt respond to the change you wanted.

really the scariest part is it makes you look into the mirror and ask, are we who we think we are.

I can remember before Dr.Maggard was hired how all the talk was how the program needed to become big time, do what all our peers were doing, etc, pretty much the opposite of what we had then, and what we have now.

turns out a lot happened outside of sports over the years, that may have had effects on the original desires, but here we are wanting to go back to the good ole days and how things used to be.

its really funny. human behavior is something special to behold.
    Well I be first to admit. We may have put to the cart before the horse.

We may have went to far because now we are driving fans away. So there has to a happy median.

The key to be successful is when you can do all things really well. I can be first to admit it may have not been the best move to go full board with it.

Best move is to pull back the reigns a little bit, and try to get more fan support.

Obviously it didn’t fly with the Lafayette community, if you are then better do some major marketing to counter act for disregarding the average fan.

I mean if you getting rid of tailgate then you got to have avenue for people to tail gate hence food trucks, a stage beer vendors, at least they can chill and buy a beer and some food and you are nickel and diming them. Same with the festival idea it wouldn’t ruin the fans that are paying for tailgate spots

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I mean if you getting rid of tailgate then you got to have avenue for people to tail gate hence food trucks, a stage beer vendors, at least they can chill and buy a beer and some food and you are nickel and diming them. Same with the festival idea it wouldn’t ruin the l fans that are paying for tailgate spots
    “We can’t”

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    “We can’t”
    That is what the Alden report said.same ole, same ole

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    That is what the Alden report said.same ole, same ole
    I think MH buried the Alden Report next to YG’s plaque.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I think MH buried the Alden Report next to YG’s plaque.
    Coach Girard certainly rubbed some Cajun fans the wrong way when she left for LSU, but she’s also an example of someone who grabbed great success for her program DESPITE our administration; however, she’s also an example of someone who eventually got fed up and left.

We’re damn lucky Robe stayed.

I created a thread on this website several years ago. It was called 'The Culprits', and it did just that. Since then, every person highlighted was fired, 'reassinged' or moved on to different schools. I got so much pushback from the admin, it was borderline harassment.

We're getting close to publishing The Culprits 2.0. I care a lot less now than I did then.
    That's probably the ticket. Holding people accountable.

11. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

your NOT wrong for wanting to try new things, or even multiple things all at once(my personal vote). there has to be a path or method of bringing these ideas and changes up that is supportive.

i promise you this, for a small size example, there can easily be 100 different demands being made, with at least half of those being in direct opposition with each other. meaning if everything that could be done gets done, there is a group where half would get the direct opposite than what they wanted, or the decision to keep things the same would have to be made instead.
    Pay attention to what I'm saying. I'm not just hammering on a keyboard. SEVERAL GROUPS of people have tried to talk to these folks in positions of power. THEY ARE NOT RECEPTIVE. They give you lip service. They do not GAF if it works or not.

It's not "trying new things." It's watching them make OBVIOUS mistakes over and over again. I can't even begin to remember all of the stupid ____ I've heard come out of the mouths of people in meetings over the past 15 years. Just pure ____ing incompetence.

The "half" that you speak of is failing miserably and has for our entire lives, sans TDP, Hudspeth and Napier (Maggard gets credit here too, but football success covers a multitude of sins).

12. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

not blaming external factors at all. if anything the post was about, wanting to change, getting the change you wanted, and now wanting to go back, because the people didnt respond to the change you wanted.

really the scariest part is it makes you look into the mirror and ask, are we who we think we are.
    What you're describing is a person who goes to the doctor for diet pills:

Doc: "How's your diet?"
    Person: "Well, I eat like ____ most of the time."
    Doc: "How's your exercise routine?"
    Person: "I don't."
    Doc: "What are your sleep habits?"
    Person: "Typically stay up until 2 am playing video games and wake up at noon."
    Doc: "Do you monitor your water intake?"
    Person: "Ewww can't stand the stuff."

Person: "Sooo. about those pills."

13. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Coach Girard certainly rubbed some Cajun fans the wrong way when she left for LSU, but she’s also an example of someone who grabbed great success for her program DESPITE our administration; however, she’s also an example of someone who eventually got fed up and left.

We’re damn lucky Robe stayed.
    Damn right. And they fought him the entire way. All the way to Omaha, building a great program and building the crown Jewel of G5 baseball. Robe did it DESPITE this administration.

I created a thread on this website several years ago. It was called 'The Culprits', and it did just that. Since then, every person highlighted was fired, 'reassinged' or moved on to different schools. I got so much pushback from the admin, it was borderline harassment.

We're getting close to publishing The Culprits 2.0. I care a lot less now than I did then.
    Do it! We need to let these people know that WE care. Care enough to expose everyone of them. We need receipts. Publicize it. At some point, a gathering at Martin Hall if necessary. Stand on their front lawn and demand change

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All one needs to do is follow (the severed spinal cord timeline) from when he was moved to Martin Hall to see the tale of two Maggards.
    You are 100% correct

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information