Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I like your optimism. Dr Maggard is far better than SF was IMO. Our challenge is that leadership above his level doesn’t seem to really care about athletics. Most of us thought that would change with Dr S; but it really didn’t. Strong athletic programs doesn’t hurt academics but it seems our leadership is success averse WRT athletics. RR had a couple Texas State callers Thursday night. I didn’t catch all their comments. But what you can take from their current uptick in athletics is a President that cares, and OPENLY promotes athletics. That is leading to a much stronger buy in from the student body AND the community.
    So many people say how LSU is so close and how the Lafayette community follows them. Well, UT-Austin is closer to San Marcos than Lafayette is to BR! But TxSt is bringing energy FROM THE TOP to engage with fans.
    Pretty solid model that WOULD WORK in Lafayette/Acadiana area with similar engagement from our leadership.
    Not a rant … just facts.
    Explain what has Maggard done for this university that was better then Farmer? I don’t get it ?

He hired Napier, Glasco, and Deggs okay I give him that, but he sure has lacked everywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Explain what has Maggard done for this university that was better then Farmer? I don’t get it ?

He hired Napier, Glasco, and Deggs okay I give him that, but he sure has lacked everywhere else!
    Hired Gray.

Maggard has done a lot of great things for athletics. It feels like he’s been neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Maggard has done a lot of great things for athletics. It feels like he’s been neutered.
    Absolutely.

What? I can name what Scott Farmer has done!

Maybe we should get the administration, and entire student body, a raginpagin account. I started viewing this board back in ‘05 and didn’t create my account until ‘07. Because of raginpagin, I’ve become more of a fanatic and much more informed. Can’t hurt…lol.

7. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

All one needs to do is follow (the severed spinal cord timeline) from when he was moved to Martin Hall to see the tale of two Maggards.

Look I would argue it’s Maggard policies that pushed attendance down, and ran away the common everyday fan. It was his policies and only catering to big donors that caused the mess that we are in.

You have disregarded, or overlook the common fan! The power comes from the everyday common fan!

That’s why people are longing for HUD because it doesn’t exist in todays UL.

Nah!! I disagree Farmer got stuff done he redid the Baseball Field, got the Athletic Complex built, added the seats to Cajun Field, attendance was good at football games. He didn’t push anyone away!

We can talk about well it was different, we hadn’t had a winning season in 40 years, he got lucky!!

I wish we would get lucky now. I would give Maggard all the credit. Farmer was the athletic director when that happen he gets the credit that’s it !

I don’t want to hear the woulda, coulda, shoulda it’s going to epic nonsense what are you doing now to improve it ?

2024, 2025? What about 2023!

Is he planning a big vacation between November and December till the end of the year ?
    Respectfully….I got Russo Park done. To all you Mofo’s you’re welcome.

We are poisoned with the “Culture of Can’t” attitude.

Charge general parking inside Cajun Field to make it look more full than the barren lot it is- “We can’t.”

Bring in more food trucks- “We can’t”

Get a mascot- “We can’t.”

Give discounted tickets to the people of Acadiana- “We can’t.”

Charge tailgating prices at a rate that will pack the stadium parking lot- “We can’t.”

Build retail in the grassy area across the street from Cajun Field- “We can’t.”

Can’t can’t can’t….

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We are poisoned with the “Culture of Can’t” attitude.

Charge general parking inside Cajun Field to make it look more full than the barren lot it is- “We can’t.”

Bring in more food trucks- “We can’t”

Get a mascot- “We can’t.”

Give discounted tickets to the people of Acadiana- “We can’t.”

Charge tailgating prices at a rate that will pack the stadium parking lot- “We can’t.”

Build retail in the grassy area across the street from Cajun Field- “We can’t.”

Can’t can’t can’t….
    I can see your frustration on the last RR episode. I agree with you, at times it sucks to be a UL fan.

Has anyone complaining about the admin, ever had outside people complain about their own passion? IF you have what was your response? I know what i have witnessed in my job with co-workers and peers. Human behavior should be considered when throwing out assumptions. about the admin care levels and passion to fix the problems we have.

I had a lot more to type and it hit me, these post and threads wont stop. some people just need a single point to place blame for a complicated problem. i feel like the admin has just ignored what has turned into "white noise" and they will just try to do what they feel will help.

13. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Has anyone complaining about the admin, ever had outside people complain about their own passion? IF you have what was your response? I know what i have witnessed in my job with co-workers and peers. Human behavior should be considered when throwing out assumptions. about the admin care levels and passion to fix the problems we have.

I had a lot more to type and it hit me, these post and threads wont stop. some people just need a single point to place blame for a complicated problem. i feel like the admin has just ignored what has turned into "white noise" and they will just try to do what they feel will help.
    No, some people are tired of watching the same obvious mistakes being made over and over and over again. Ever consider that there's a reason why these "posts won't stop"? Maybe because they're justified.

These are not assumptions. The people pulling the levers of power around here have no problem telling you what their real intentions are. Look around.

Look I would argue it’s Maggard policies that pushed attendance down, and ran away the common everyday fan. It was his policies and only catering to big donors that caused the mess that we are in.

You have disregarded, or overlook the common fan! The power comes from the everyday common fan!

That’s why people are longing for HUD because it doesn’t exist in todays UL.
    I can remember before Dr.Maggard was hired how all the talk was how the program needed to become big time, do what all our peers were doing, etc, pretty much the opposite of what we had then, and what we have now.

turns out a lot happened outside of sports over the years, that may have had effects on the original desires, but here we are wanting to go back to the good ole days and how things used to be.

its really funny. human behavior is something special to behold.

15. Default Re: How could we get the Administration to Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I can remember before Dr.Maggard was hired how all the talk was how the program needed to become big time, do what all our peers were doing, etc, pretty much the opposite of what we had then, and what we have now.

turns out a lot happened outside of sports over the years, that may have had effects on the original desires, but here we are wanting to go back to the good ole days and how things used to be.

its really funny. human behavior is something special to behold.
    Insert 'business' into your post and you can say the same things. Good businesses adapt and bad businesses fail. Stop justifying bad business practices by blaming external factors.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information