Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

1. Default 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

I want one person to give a good reason why every single person within the Athletics Department shouldn't be called into the ADs office and evaluated TODAY! Not later, not at the end of the athletic season, NOW.

Embarrassed. Humiliated. Discouraged. Demoralized.

Every single ____ing person involved in Athletics needs to be on the chopping block, including Bryan Maggard, who is ultimately responsible for this entire barnyard musical.

What unfolded last night is not only unacceptable, it is counterproductive to our mission as a University and community.

Marketing and Promotions? Throw your ____ in a box, and gtfo.
    Sodexo, gameday management, ticketmaster, parking staff? BYE.
    RCAF? Lol.
    Football staff - As a whole, TBD. But there should be a list of at least 5 names that get the axe, TODAY. Send a ____ing message. One thing is certain: we are rapidly getting worse. The effort and passion the last two weeks has been Jerry Baldwin-esque.

This cozy, social club bull____ has infected our entire University and the attendance at CajunField last night was the response by Cajun Nation to show it.

And all of this unfolded on national TV, for the world to see.

I know it would never happen because these people love their cushy little jobs and think they're important; but if any of them had one shred of self respect, they'd resign, PUBLICLY, today.

Total disaster.

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

No kidding. Trainers, SIDs, equipment guys, video guys, golf coach, tennis coach. Asst baseball/softball coaches. Everyone!!!

I don’t work there anymore, but I can promise you a lot of people work really hard for little money at that place because they love college athletics and the athletes coaches they work for. I know fan is short for fanatic but let’s take a deep breath.

Guys like Dr Maggard and the head football coach sign up for the scrutiny. Remember there’s a lot of others in that dept who didn’t.

3. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    No kidding. Trainers, SIDs, equipment guys, video guys, golf coach, tennis coach. Asst baseball/softball coaches. Everyone!!!

I don’t work there anymore, but I can promise you a lot of people work really hard for little money at that place because they love college athletics and the athletes coaches they work for. I know fan is short for fanatic but let’s take a deep breath.

Guys like Dr Maggard and the head football coach sign up for the scrutiny. Remember there’s a lot of others in that dept who didn’t.
    I knew there'd be one. Did I say fire the golf coach? Did I say fire the tennis coach? You people have the skin of a condom.

If you're doing your job to the best of your ability and getting results, an evaluation would be GOOD for you, not bad. The attitude in the building is toxic and entitled.

There needs to be a renewed sense of standard in that damn place. What we witnessed last night is the product of a bunch of babies that take correction for criticism (shoutout Robe) and fail to truly evaluate themselves and their own personal results.

I imagine there are plenty of people who work their @$$es off and come up with good ideas, only to be met with "whoa now, easy big guy..."

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Every single ____ing person involved in Athletics needs to be on the chopping block, including Bryan Maggard, who is ultimately responsible for this entire barnyard musical.
    Does Maggard have authority to go out and hire some people who he believes would do a better job? Can he spend a little more on those positions to get a candidate with a proven track record?

6. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Does Maggard have authority to go out and hire some people who he believes would do a better job? Can he spend a little more on those positions to get a candidate with a proven track record?
    Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    I imagine there are plenty of people who work their @$$es off and come up with good ideas, only to be met with "whoa now, easy big guy..."
    You'll find that in any organization, but yes, the tiny amount of knowledge I have from speaking to people that work with the university and with athletics, this can be true. Here's a good suggestion......no. We're not doing that.

8. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

If this isn't a watershed moment, it doesn't exist at this University. DEFCON 1. Not only did we lose massive amounts of money last night, we embarrassed ourselves across the board, against a rival and peer, on national TV. Think this job looks appealing to any decent candidate right now? HC? AD? Anything? Hell no.

The student body, community and alumni all gave you a massive middle finger the last 2 seasons. And it's because of them, NOT the other way around.

Guess I just misread

“I want one person to give a good reason why every single person within the Athletics Department shouldn't be called into the ADs office and evaluated TODAY!”

I get the frustration. There was a lot of momentum going in that football program for the first time in the modern era. And it isn’t going well right now.

I just don’t want to consider terminating an entire coaching staff, admin and dept b/c of an overtime loss to Southern Mississippi.

10. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Only way to prove a point is to pull funding. I called the department and pulled mine today, including season tickets and RCAF.

This is supposed to be entertainment. I'd rather spend it on something that wants me to be a part of it.

I never want to say fire this person or that person. I look at it a different way.

How much does the Athletic Director get paid ? 300k 400k probably just as much as the President makes at UL. What about the support staff etc.

These are high paying jobs you are in the top 1% of wage earners in the United States.

Football coach 750k almost a million a year. These are what these people get paid to do. Now if I was a CEO for a small company or a COO you are getting paid the same.

Now if my profit margin goes down, and business goes down and I lost customers. You would get fired.

Why are certain businesses are the most innovative and the most successful.

They have to think outside the box, if they don’t produce results they would be let go.

Same with Athletics it is a business in fact we are competing against 130 other businesses that produce the same thing, and we are in the bottom 100 of those businesses.

If my business was in the bottom 100 of all the other businesses and was not showing progress then your job is on the line, and you are probably would be let go!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

I just don’t want to consider terminating an entire coaching staff, admin and dept b/c of an overtime loss to Southern Mississippi.
    But it’s not just about last night. The department has been run like garbage for a while. Napier winning masked a lot of the problems.

Last night was only the breaking point for some.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If this isn't a watershed moment, it doesn't exist at this University. DEFCON 1. Not only did we lose massive amounts of money last night, we embarrassed ourselves across the board, against a rival and peer, on national TV. Think this job looks appealing to any decent candidate right now? HC? AD? Anything? Hell no.

The student body, community and alumni all gave you a massive middle finger the last 2 seasons. And it's because of them, NOT the other way around.
    I woke up this morning more angry than losing last night, because of the apathy in the athletics department… I understand players and coaches work hard, but at some point when what you are doing has not worked in two years then you need to re-evaluate your position and adjust….when they showed Mike on TV last night in the 4th it was a face of frustration , worry, and no confidence that we were going to execute.

According to the IRS, a $400,000 or more annual household income represents America's top 1.8% income-earners. In Louisiana you are at the top 1%.

So what 750k you are at the top 0.5% of wage earners.

I am sorry money is the price for your inconvenience! If you making that much per year then you better produce results!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I woke up this morning more angry than losing last night, because of the apathy in the athletics department… I understand players and coaches work hard, but at some point when what you are doing has not worked in two years then you need to re-evaluate your position and adjust….when they showed Mike on TV last night in the 4th it was a face of frustration , worry, and no confidence that we were going to execute.
    Honestly these are the people I want in our university and athletic department. Anyone in that building associated with what took place in Cajun Field last night who didn’t wake up with their blood boiling and walk in to work today with a scowl on their face needs to be shown the door.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information