Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

1. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    This is just insanity. Such low-hanging fruit that we do nothing with. It was addressed elsewhere on the board lately that Maggard has been asleep at the wheel for some time now. What the hell are we doing?! I don't know if I am just at my breaking point or what but something has to give.

We are ready to reveal the final renderings of the stadium and it's been radio silence, correct? I've seen absolutely nothing outside of this board. Is there someone who knows more than me to explain if there is a reason for this?

I'm just sick of it, man. No matter how physically ill this staff and the administration make me. I will be in Troy Saturday and Lafayette next Saturday.
    And by the way, there is a big get-together Thursday when they announce and display renderings. But you can't come. It's invitation only. No room for you blue collar bozos.

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun918 View Post
    We are ready to reveal the final renderings of the stadium and it's been radio silence, correct? I've seen absolutely nothing outside of this board. Is there someone who knows more than me to explain if there is a reason for this?
    Head scratcher for sure. Demo is literally going to start at the end of this month and no one outside of the diehards on this board are aware. They're going to do their announcement on Thursday, invite the press. KATC/KLFY/KADN are going to have their 30 second segment on it right before they move on to Jayden Daniels Heisman talk and LSU's upcoming game. They'll post to social media and it'll circulate among the extended fanbase, if we're lucky - a well followed social media account will repost it.

My new hope is they're waiting for a change in digital ticket platform for their marketing blitz/campaign to fill the stands for the season of displacement and beyond.but I also hoped for a last season at CF campaign.

I have enough self-awareness to realize I'm complaining 2 days ahead of something we've been waiting for forever, but it's hard to ignore missed opportunities with the poor crowds fresh in my mind.

3. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

A "Last Season at The Ole Swamp" campaign would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yeah well so would discounted tickets for all of Acadiana against Southern Miss last Thursday Night.

5. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Yeah well so would discounted tickets for all of Acadiana against Southern Miss last Thursday Night.
    HFA

A larger crowd could have been the difference between winning an losing last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And by the way, there is a big get-together Thursday when they announce and display renderings. But you can't come. It's invitation only. No room for you blue collar bozos.
    Low ____in hanging fruit

Kinda had that a few years back. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    McLeast had FREE tickets for any LC public school student their last home game of the year. What a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    McLeast had FREE tickets for any LC public school student their last home game of the year. What a novel idea.
    were you able to see how it worked for them? genuinely curious

Of course it is. God forbid they welcome their last vestiges of fans they have left. I swear, MH is the biggest collection of clueless clowns I've ever witnessed. I'm so close to giving up fighting to be a damn fan of this $#!+show.

QB Club members have been invited to the rendering display press conference. QB Club dues ae 250 annually. Thursday QB Club meeting will be at the APC as arrangements to prepare the normal QB Club site at the Tigue for the press conference will be ongoing at that time. Limited space there to host everyone interested. Perhaps the CajunDome could have been used if they wanted to invite the general public. The display could have been placed on the scoreboard where live action is shown. Perhaps I should have come up with that idea earlier and suggested it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    were you able to see how it worked for them? genuinely curious
    Have not a clue. But I’ll go dig around, Doc usually does a ton of pictures.

Well, what I could see the crowd was less than you’d expect for a winless team.

35 years of epic failures to recruit on campus student to become diehard fans.

There’s the attendance problem. 30 year age gap in the fan base. A fricken administration that’s scared of its own shadow. Persecutes its student population and does everything they can to not build a fan base.

Jack ticket prices up by 70%, zero clue how to promote to Acadiana.

I mean we have succeeded in spite of ourselves for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Head scratcher for sure. Demo is literally going to start at the end of this month and no one outside of the diehards on this board are aware. They're going to do their announcement on Thursday, invite the press. KATC/KLFY/KADN are going to have their 30 second segment on it right before they move on to Jayden Daniels Heisman talk and LSU's upcoming game. They'll post to social media and it'll circulate among the extended fanbase, if we're lucky - a well followed social media account will repost it.

My new hope is they're waiting for a change in digital ticket platform for their marketing blitz/campaign to fill the stands for the season of displacement and beyond.but I also hoped for a last season at CF campaign.

I have enough self-awareness to realize I'm complaining 2 days ahead of something we've been waiting for forever, but it's hard to ignore missed opportunities with the poor crowds fresh in my mind.
    30 seconds is probably correct, but I bet they lead off with TSAB as usual and get to us if they have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    QB Club members have been invited to the rendering display press conference. QB Club dues ae 250 annually. Thursday QB Club meeting will be at the APC as arrangements to prepare the normal QB Club site at the Tigue for the press conference will be ongoing at that time. Limited space there to host everyone interested. Perhaps the CajunDome could have been used if they wanted to invite the general public. The display could have been placed on the scoreboard where live action is shown. Perhaps I should have come up with that idea earlier and suggested it.
    Or Moncla like the recruiting bashes back in Huds daymake an event out of it! Bring the band, the cheerleaders, the mayor, the the press, the popeeveryone…this is a big ____in deal

But why won't we remain the Swamp, new gator and all

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information