Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When we were doing well under Hud, the team had four consecutive 9 and 4 records. This team is in danger of a second consecutive losing season. Oil field was booming then. It has improved since the slump of 15 and 16 along with the Covid drop. However those companies who had several corporate ticket programs dropped them and will never pick them up again. A high percentage in season ticket drops is related to the corporate programs. Not every game was as easily available back then as today. Length of games causes many people to watch at home or at establishments. Covid caused many people to find something else to do on game day and they found they don't have to go to games to enjoy life. They have not come back. Our students are more academically oriented and don't care as much about sports as in the past. Granted the administration has committed some missteps in trying to foster that relationship. Repairing that should be top priority. Inflation is also a factor as going to games is a luxury not a necessity. If you are watching pennies, you prioritize other things. Finally, people in the area have forgotten the university is the lifeblood of the area in a multitude of ways. They need to be reminded. The old support the Ragin Cajuns, it's good for business program needs to be resurrected. Beyond the student issue, this reminder of how important UL is to the area should also be given a high focus. Having said all that, I did not mean to indicate the situation is hopeless, far from it. It is simply challenging. There are some good things planned to address these concerns. Hopefully things improve.
    Great synopsis. The community does need to be reminded of how important the University is for the region.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Caleb Anderson and Tarik Miller both were hurt and they would have changed that game tremendously. Tyree Skipper and T-Lew both adequate replacements for Kam. Waites never played a snap here. Bailey and Johnson were a game changers, I'll give you that, but RB room is not a problem here. Amos was a huge loss.
    Waites was a project here as football was new to him. Did you see him Saturday night as a starter at Florida? He was a man. I think he would definitely be our best O lineman today if he was still here.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    One thing that is very obvious to everyone here: You are not a cajun. And I'm not totally convinced you are a person who consumes sports.

Doubling down on this idiotic take tells me everything I need to know about you. Billy Napier took over one of the most depleted rosters in CFB in easily the most elite conference in CFB, which just so happens to include the National Champion of the sport. Comparing that to any other conference is inconceivable. I'm not Billy Napier apologist, but there is no question he's a very good coach.
    What is the metric by which we can say without question that Napier is a very good coach? Just one example.

4. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    What is the metric by which we can say without question that Napier is a very good coach? Just one example.
    That is a hard question to answer.

I don't think there is ever a single metric one can point to.

Recruiting is one but by itself means nothing.

You've got to be kidding.
    Western Division champs every year he was here, leading to conference champ game each year, won the 2021 Championship. Multiple players drafted, and until his final year, many graduated that year and the next year.

Metric for coaching success? Wins, loses, and team success.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Western Division champs every year he was here, leading to conference champ game each year, won the 2021 Championship. Multiple players drafted, and until his final year, many graduated that year and the next year.

dude is obviously an Lsu troll.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

So as I said earlier.

If UL's definition of a "good coach" means "someone who is successful in the Sun Belt Conference" then I suppose two things are true:

1) You are correct that Napier is a good coach.
    2) UL will be champions of mediocrity. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Check the bio. I'm not an LSU fan.

9. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    . . . I believe you guys have finally gotten one correct . . . I bet his closet is full of purple and gold but attended two Cajun games . . . wonder what he wore for those . . .

So as I said earlier.

If UL's definition of a "good coach" means "someone who is successful in the Sun Belt Conference" then I suppose two things are true:

The SBC is not mediocrity. It’s a fantastic conference.

11. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

So as I said earlier.

If a coach is successful in the Sunbelt (if the competion is equal) he can be successful, anywhere.

Mediocrity is the norm and not related to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If a coach is successful in the Sunbelt (if the competion is equal) he can be successful, anywhere.

Mediocrity is the norm and not related to success.
    I’m not sure I understand what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Fair points. Definitely think students / greeks & monetizing tailgate are huge issues.

IMO excitement is purely driven by play on the field. If we're going 3 & out 60% of the game, nothing will change excitement.

Scheduling? Again, i think that is more on-field issue, not necessarily game-day experience

Parking? That's always been cluster.

RV - I'm not sure about that as I've never experienced it. Have prices skyrocketed or modest increase?
    3 and out 20.7 percent of the time to be exact

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Fair points. Definitely think students / greeks & monetizing tailgate are huge issues.

IMO excitement is purely driven by play on the field. If we're going 3 & out 60% of the game, nothing will change excitement.

Scheduling? Again, i think that is more on-field issue, not necessarily game-day experience

Parking? That's always been cluster.

RV - I'm not sure about that as I've never experienced it. Have prices skyrocketed or modest increase?
    I will say and continue to say we have the best parking situation in the conference. No where else in the belt can you park across the street for free. The only thing I would change is have a cop directing traffic so folks could cross at the main gate and not at the lights. In mobile I paid 20 dollars card only and walked 3/4 of a mile. They would love our situation there.

15. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I will say and continue to say we have the best parking situation in the conference. No where else in the belt can you park across the street for free. The only thing I would change is have a cop directing traffic so folks could cross at the main gate and not at the lights. In mobile I paid 20 dollars card only and walked 3/4 of a mile. They would love our situation there.
    The best situation contributes to the worst optics.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information