Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

1. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . . Louisiana softball eliminated the Flagship last season . . . that should be considered upsetting their Apple cart . . .

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    You have to wonder if Martin Hall will ever do anything to sabotage the softball program. Why have they chosen to destroy football but left softball alone?
    I truly hope this was a sarcastic post. I never know anymore

You have to wonder if Martin Hall will ever do anything to sabotage the softball program. Why have they chosen to destroy football but left softball alone?
    Softball in one of the programs that probably makes them money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I truly hope this was a sarcastic post. I never know anymore
    It was sarcasm with caution lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What facilities are you referring to? Once CF is renovated our facility will be excellent for recruiting. Unless I’m missing something.
    For golf the new facility they just built at oak borne within the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    For golf the new facility they just built at oak borne within the last couple of years.
    Got it!

How much money did the university put up to replace the scoreboard, outfield wall, and padding?

Was at the matriarch of the Krazy’s family today for lunch. My younger brothers, nephews, son and I were talking about our current situation. Our older brother was out of town so i didn’t get his input. But the question was. If Mike had Johnson Jr, Bailey, Waites, Amos, Pedescleux, and Fleming would we be having this conversation? All guys that Mike had a huge part in recruiting but unfortunately did not have the NIL dollars to retain them. Thats up to the community.

9. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Was at the matriarch of the Krazy’s family today for lunch. My younger brothers, nephews, son and I were talking about our current situation. Our older brother was out of town so i didn’t get his input. But the question was. If Mike had Johnson Jr, Bailey, Waites, Amos, Pedescleux, and Fleming would we be having this conversation? All guys that Mike had a huge part in recruiting but unfortunately did not have the NIL dollars to retain them. Thats up to the community.
    . . . nobody in the community wants to have that fair evaluation . . . the evaluation of the talent CMD recruited for Napier that we can no longer really recruit with NIL or if we are successful, are poached by NIL . . . it’s sad that CMD’s administered penalty here is “that’s on coaching” . . . Hell, under pre NIL and free transfer rules, the Beast in Florida might still be running for the Cajuns . . .

We had enough talent to beat ODU, GSU, stAte, and USM. The new collective will help, but it will not completely overcome our bad coaching.

11. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We had enough talent to beat ODU, GSU, stAte, and USM. The new collective will help, but it will not completely overcome our bad coaching.
    . . .what you should have said is that it won’t overcome our unrealistic and bad fans . . . then you may have been accurate for once . . .

LoL! So yall believe Des is as good a coach as Napier? Zero experience ever calling plays and he would've gone 13-1? I swear, the gymnastics some of you will perform to avoid admitting you were wrong. He wasn't ready. Period. It should have been common sense. And Vic, it's insane that you keep repeating the BS mantra that 750k was the ceiling on our next hire. Even dumber decision that if 750k was our absolute ceiling and we actually paid that for a guy with ZERO coordinator or even play calling experience. I'll let you pick which one was the more idiotic decision.

13. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! So yall believe Des is as good a coach as Napier? Zero experience ever calling plays and he would've gone 13-1? I swear, the gymnastics some of you will perform to avoid admitting you were wrong. He wasn't ready. Period. It should have been common sense. And Vic, it's insane that you keep repeating the BS mantra that 750k was the ceiling on our next hire. Even dumber decision that if 750k was our absolute ceiling and we actually paid that for a guy with ZERO coordinator or even play calling experience. I'll let you pick which one was the more idiotic decision.
    .We had just turned a $5.6mm deficit. Football revenues and donations did nothing to help even after the two best years of football in Louisiana history . . . MH set the salary cap at $750,000, you know, the MH that you and others have thousands of posts saying MH yanked the funding out from under Maggard. Like I have said, find a group willing to come up with a pledge of $1,250,000 a year until football can support that kind of salary for its HC and maybe then we can talk about a national search and new hiring . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . .what you should have said is that it won’t overcome our unrealistic and bad fans . . . then you may have been accurate for once . . .
    We're the only Sunbelt program having to grapple with NIL and the portal, right?

Troy, JMU, Coastal, etc. all having to deal with it and all are struggling as a result. The entire conference is in shambles for football because of these new rules.correct?

15. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . .he was the only one gutted by a leaving coach . . .

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information