Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    According to the IRS, a $400,000 or more annual household income represents America's top 1.8% income-earners. In Louisiana you are at the top 1%.

So what 750k you are at the top 0.5% of wage earners.

I am sorry money is the price for your inconvenience! If you making that much per year then you better produce results!
    Bingo on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    No kidding. Trainers, SIDs, equipment guys, video guys, golf coach, tennis coach. Asst baseball/softball coaches. Everyone!!!

I don’t work there anymore, but I can promise you a lot of people work really hard for little money at that place because they love college athletics and the athletes coaches they work for. I know fan is short for fanatic but let’s take a deep breath.

Guys like Dr Maggard and the head football coach sign up for the scrutiny. Remember there’s a lot of others in that dept who didn’t.
    I am sure there are people that work there azz off! But, its the University's problem. They waste so much money on bull____ programs instead of educating our students and helping put a respectable program on national TV!

The one person who has to go, regardless of where we are or aren't with the new stadium is Maggard. He's been MIA for the last 2 years. Your main revenue producer (football) outside of how its been played on the field, has been a s h i t show for the last 2 years and before. He's been invisable.Have any of you seen him in the last year give a "speech" or presentation to any sort of large civic group in the area? You can't stay behind your desk and watch Rome burn. He's been hired to solve problems and provide solutions.instead, we keep seeing the same problems with no solutions. That performance will get you canned in any job, any profession in the country, except here.

Fire Maggard Now.bring in a bright, smart, young, marketing orientated person who understands what needs to be done. Maggard has managed to loose 20,000+ football fans, 5,000+ MBB fans, and God only knows how many others that have said enough with the excuses, back stepping, the silent phase marketing.all of it. He has single handedly brought this athletic program to its kneesbecause he doesn't understand the customer, he doesn't understand the local culture, and he shy's away from making solid decisions to move athletics along.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Guess I just misread

“I want one person to give a good reason why every single person within the Athletics Department shouldn't be called into the ADs office and evaluated TODAY!”

I get the frustration. There was a lot of momentum going in that football program for the first time in the modern era. And it isn’t going well right now.

I just don’t want to consider terminating an entire coaching staff, admin and dept b/c of an overtime loss to Southern Mississippi.
    Where does evaluating equal terminating?

As a older fan last nights performance was disgusting
    Agree changes need to be made and the sooner the better
    CC

Well! So much for mental health awareness.

What a stinking train wreck. Got an expected call from a ULM friend, told him if Bowden can’t beat UL this year, run him.

Everything has been sliding downhill since the stadium misfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    According to the IRS, a $400,000 or more annual household income represents America's top 1.8% income-earners. In Louisiana you are at the top 1%.

So what 750k you are at the top 0.5% of wage earners.

I am sorry money is the price for your inconvenience! If you making that much per year then you better produce results!
    This right here.

NO WAY

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The one person who has to go, regardless of where we are or aren't with the new stadium is Maggard. He's been MIA for the last 2 years. Your main revenue producer (football) outside of how its been played on the field, has been a s h i t show for the last 2 years and before. He's been invisable.Have any of you seen him in the last year give a "speech" or presentation to any sort of large civic group in the area? You can't stay behind your desk and watch Rome burn. He's been hired to solve problems and provide solutions.instead, we keep seeing the same problems with no solutions. That performance will get you canned in any job, any profession in the country, except here.

Fire Maggard Now.bring in a bright, smart, young, marketing orientated person who understands what needs to be done. Maggard has managed to loose 20,000+ football fans, 5,000+ MBB fans, and God only knows how many others that have said enough with the excuses, back stepping, the silent phase marketing.all of it. He has single handedly brought this athletic program to its kneesbecause he doesn't understand the customer, he doesn't understand the local culture, and he shy's away from making solid decisions to move athletics along.
    You’re not wrong. Whether he is checked out or burned out, something is off

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well! So much for mental health awareness.

What a stinking train wreck. Got an expected call from a ULM friend, told him if Bowden can’t beat UL this year, run him.

Everything has been sliding downhill since the stadium misfire.
    The airing of grievances is good for everyone's mental health. It's Festivus time!

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    He put all his eggs in the Napier basket to catapult him into a P5 job. That didn't work so he's sitting back and enjoying being a Louisiana 1%er.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    There is the third possibility that Maggard got his hand slapped for being too aggressive financially

If he's sitting in his office and pouting that's one thing .

But if he has been told to chill out and run everything by MH, then what is he supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    There is the third possibility that Maggard got his hand slapped for being too aggressive financially

But if he has been told to chill out and run everything by MH, then what is he supposed to do?
    Then he wouldn’t be in the right J O B. If I was in that position my resignation would have been tendered ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

We need someone who is willing to fight back. This university is horrified of negative attention. What are they gonna do if he rocks the boat? Can him? If he’s half as good as his supporters claim, he’d be back on his feet in no time, and we would have much needed public light and uproar on the situation. I don’t know if he is checked out, burnt out, or hand tied, but there is no excuse for who he has become. He is passionless and is a fraction of the leader he was when he came in the door. We can not have anyone inside the organization on autopilot just along for the ride, much less the guy at the very top.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We need someone who is willing to fight back. This university is horrified of negative attention. What are they gonna do if he rocks the boat? Can him? If he’s half as good as his supporters claim, he’d be back on his feet in no time, and we would have much needed public light and uproar on the situation. I don’t know if he is checked out, burnt out, or hand tied, but there is no excuse for who he has become. He is passionless and is a fraction of the leader he was when he came in the door. We can not have anyone inside the organization on autopilot just along for the ride, much less the guy at the very top.
    if someone was willing to hire him away, he'd already be gone

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information