Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    How much money did the university put up to replace the scoreboard, outfield wall, and padding?
    I’ll take “Zero dollars from the university” Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! So yall believe Des is as good a coach as Napier? Zero experience ever calling plays and he would've gone 13-1? I swear, the gymnastics some of you will perform to avoid admitting you were wrong. He wasn't ready. Period. It should have been common sense. And Vic, it's insane that you keep repeating the BS mantra that 750k was the ceiling on our next hire. Even dumber decision that if 750k was our absolute ceiling and we actually paid that for a guy with ZERO coordinator or even play calling experience. I'll let you pick which one was the more idiotic decision.
    I don't believe Des is as good a coach as Napier, but I'm also not convinced that Napier is a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . .what you should have said is that it won’t overcome our unrealistic and bad fans . . . then you may have been accurate for once . . .
    GTFO, this team was beat once, at Minnesota. There wasn’t anything we could do to stop that train. I could possibly give stAte the nod too.

But we LOST to ODU, GaSt and USM. More talented, but out coached. We looked flat or clueless, sometimes both.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    GTFO, this team was beat once, at Minnesota. There wasn’t anything we could do to stop that train. I could possibly give stAte the nod too.

But we LOST to ODU, GaSt and USM. More talented, but out coached. We looked flat or clueless, sometimes both.
    Expecting to beat 2-7 USM at home is unrealistic. Know your place.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We had enough talent to beat ODU, GSU, stAte, and USM. The new collective will help, but it will not completely overcome our bad coaching.
    Napier was one of the worst in game coaches we ever had. But he overcame that with discipline and focus on the small details which was developed in the process of the off season and he just recruited better talent than most in the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That's not the point. It's the fact that they're not doing ANYTHING to fix the game day experience, believing the new stadium is gonna fix all that. The only thing that will accomplish is an even more ____ed off and apathetic fanbase (even more than it is now). All that line of thinking will get you is a shiny new toy with no one there to enjoy it. If they don't fix the truckload of problems we have, we'll be in a worse position after the reno is finally done.
    People have been screaming about game-day experience & I really scratch my head on what that truly means.

If quality football is not being played on the field, does anything else truly matter?

Are people going to say "Man, the team sucked. But I tell you what, I can't wait for next Saturday to listen to the band, watch the timeout gimmicks and receive the next promo towel at the gate???"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    People have been screaming about game-day experience & I really scratch my head on what that truly means.

If quality football is not being played on the field, does anything else truly matter?

Are people going to say "Man, the team sucked. But I tell you what, I can't wait for next Saturday to listen to the band, watch the timeout gimmicks and receive the next promo towel at the gate???"
    All of this adds into the college football experience. The product on the field is the main dish, but if we can't handle concession lines, the internet barely works, and the sound PA is too loud; people aren't going to pay an arm and a leg to drive to Cajun Field and watch the game in the stadium.

8. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    You have to wonder if Martin Hall will ever do anything to sabotage the softball program. Why have they chosen to destroy football but left softball alone?
    Assuming you're serious, Softball is title IX. They are untouchable, like the rest of Title IX sports.

9. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

We had enough talent to beat ODU, GSU, stAte, and USM. The new collective will help, but it will not completely overcome our bad coaching.
    This. Anyone excusing these loses because of personnel isn't watching the games.

10. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I don't believe Des is as good a coach as Napier, but I'm also not convinced that Napier is a good coach.
    It's the schitt like this You can't actually be serious. lol

11. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post

Y'all have to be joking. How can there be this many horrendous takes in one thread. You can't understand why the pageantry and total experience is important to the game??

No doubt. But with the aforementioned talent we would have skull drug all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Napier was one of the worst in game coaches we ever had. But he overcame that with discipline and focus on the small details which was developed in the process of the off season and he just recruited better talent than most in the belt.
    Yeah, who wants that? A coach that can put together a great staff and manage to be such a terrible in-game coach that you go 13-1 and gets us in the top 25 for 2 years. So glad we don't have THAT problem anymore! Give me what we got now.bad in-game coaching, no discipline or attention to detail, a mediocre record, lose to teams less talented and can't win the close ones. A real no-brainer there, ammarite?

14. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No doubt. But with the aforementioned talent we would have skull drug all of them.
    . . . that does not support the agenda . . . so it's not there . . .

15. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . . still looking for names of the $750,000 coach who was available when CMD was hired and is tearing it up right now as a head coach because somebody else did a national coaching search . . . just one name . . .

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information