Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Without charging for use of the stadium and charging for parking. Where is the outrage???!!! It’s revenue!
    I’m not sure this is accurate. I can get the answer through.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    Got to side with Reality Check on this one. Wasted money spent on a renovation with no return on the investment for the foreseeable future. The amenities at Cajun Field were not bad at all for the product that is being put on the field. Hell, band showcases held there draw more attendance than a UL home football game.
    You do understand that the stadium is so outdated that there’s a chairback next to my seats that doesn’t even have a seat to it. And it can’t be repaired because they don’t make the parts anymore.

We play in a stadium that’s stuck in 1975. The renovations are waaaaaay overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You realize that's what they told us when they hired Farmer too, right?
    Correct. Because Farmer was instrumental in the stadium upgrades at Troy .

Farmer was around for the baseball upgrades lol. Dave Schultz just happens to be back in town to get us answers on the football stadium

I take back what I said. I'm not sure I attend anymore games from this point out. I'm exhausted from trying to be a fan. It's not supposed to work that way. I'm the one paying for the entertainment. The ones that are GETTING PAID are the ones that should be exhausted from making sure the paying fans are the ones enjoying that entertainment. It's insanity to keep paying money to be this exhausted and disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I knew there'd be one. Did I say fire the golf coach? Did I say fire the tennis coach? You people have the skin of a condom.

If you're doing your job to the best of your ability and getting results, an evaluation would be GOOD for you, not bad. The attitude in the building is toxic and entitled.

There needs to be a renewed sense of standard in that damn place. What we witnessed last night is the product of a bunch of babies that take correction for criticism (shoutout Robe) and fail to truly evaluate themselves and their own personal results.
    I can remember when people on here were calling for Theo’s head he looks like he is turning that program into a winner now that he has the facility at oak borne.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Dr. Maggard was hired to get the stadium done. I remember Dr. Savoie saying so in the process leading up to Dr. Maggard getting the job. It is and should be his crown jewel.

I like Dr. Maggard and the professionalism he brings to the position. I also like that he represents UL in a positive manner and I sincerely think he means well and is trying. I also think he got his hands slapped by T-Joe when he spent too much. Covid couldn't have come at a worse time for what he was doing for the program.

However, Dr. Maggard is at the core of many of our current problems. Under his watch, the gameday experience was butchered. The UL Football Program (team performance) is a shell of what it was just a few short years ago. It was his job to convince T-Joe to hire a coach that would continue the success achieved under Napier.

I would not be surprised that the top 20 ranking under Napier brought some unwanted attention politically to T-Joe and he got scared. He's more concerned about his legacy Academically, and backed off. This is the result. Apathy and a return to anemic football.
    "I would not be surprised that the top 20 ranking under Napier brought some unwanted attention politically to T-Joe and he got scared. He's more concerned about his legacy Academically, and backed off. This is the result. Apathy and a return to anemic football."

I don't buy that, honestly. The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have great academics and still have a great athletics program. In fact, they work hand in hand and can enhance each other.

7. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I can remember when people on here were calling for Theo’s head he looks like he is turning that program into a winner now that he has the facility at oak borne.
    Glad the program is showing, signs of life but I dont subscribe that the wait was worth the payoff.

Sacrificing a decade for results is not a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    When was the last time you’ve been inside Cajun Field? It’s a dump. It absolutely has to be renovated. Regardless of attendance.
    That's not the point. It's the fact that they're not doing ANYTHING to fix the game day experience, believing the new stadium is gonna fix all that. The only thing that will accomplish is an even more ____ed off and apathetic fanbase (even more than it is now). All that line of thinking will get you is a shiny new toy with no one there to enjoy it. If they don't fix the truckload of problems we have, we'll be in a worse position after the reno is finally done.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    That's not the point. It's the fact that they're not doing ANYTHING to fix the game day experience, believing the new stadium is gonna fix all that. The only thing that will accomplish is an even more ____ed off and apathetic fanbase (even more than it is now). All that line of thinking will get you is a shiny new toy with no one there to enjoy it. If they don't fix the truckload of problems we have, we'll be in a worse position after the reno is finally done.
    You got to start somewhere. I am hopeful that the new digs will include a much improved game day experience. We have a few years before the ribbon is cut, which gives us time to continue to air our grievances and make sure that things are handled appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Glad the program is showing, signs of life but I dont subscribe that the wait was worth the payoff.

Sacrificing a decade for results is not a good investment.
    I just shows you we didn’t have the facilities for anyone to be successful in recruiting here. Now that he compete with pier programs in facilities he is having success. It’s kind of like ULM trying to compete with the rest of the conference in football with sub par facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Preach it brother!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Guess I just misread

“I want one person to give a good reason why every single person within the Athletics Department shouldn't be called into the ADs office and evaluated TODAY!”

I get the frustration. There was a lot of momentum going in that football program for the first time in the modern era. And it isn’t going well right now.

I just don’t want to consider terminating an entire coaching staff, admin and dept b/c of an overtime loss to Southern Mississippi.
    If you are seeing this as just one game and not the last 2 seasons then shame on you. I was at Ark st and that team was flat and looked like they would rather be anywhere else but on that field.

You have to wonder if Martin Hall will ever do anything to sabotage the softball program. Why have they chosen to destroy football but left softball alone?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I just shows you we didn’t have the facilities for anyone to be successful in recruiting here. Now that he compete with pier programs in facilities he is having success. It’s kind of like ULM trying to compete with the rest of the conference in football with sub par facilities.
    What facilities are you referring to? Once CF is renovated our facility will be excellent for recruiting. Unless I’m missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    You have to wonder if Martin Hall will ever do anything to sabotage the softball program. Why have they chosen to destroy football but left softball alone?
    Because we are a softball school.

All kidding aside. If you want to go on the hypothesis that the leadership doesn’t want athletics to “outshine” academics, or that someone above them doesn’t want any public institution to get more attention than “the Flagship”; softball doesn’t upset either apple cart.
    Not saying either of those hypotheses are correct. And I’ve long been proud of our softball program.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information