Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You would give up a high level cush job and just quit with nothing else lined up? Good for you.
    I did. Golf game finally improving.
    My old job probably wasn’t as “cush” as his, but I could only take poor leadership for so long. Thankfully I was able to “retire” a couple years ahead of schedule. And zero regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I did. Golf game finally improving.
    My old job probably wasn’t as “cush” as his, but I could only take poor leadership for so long. Thankfully I was able to “retire” a couple years ahead of schedule. And zero regrets.
    Maggard can't retire right now.

3. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Amen went from being on top of the mountain to being buried under the mountain now

4. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Guys like Maggard care about legacy and resume'. He has a pretty cushy situation here in Lafayette. He's been universally praised since he got here. But no one holds him accountable for the health of RCAF, the total and complete exodus of Cajun fans from events, the god-awful promotions, marketing and sales, etc. Based on the last few years, I think Maggard is hanging on until this stadium renovation is complete to be the crown jewel of his tenure in Lafayette. No matter how you slice it, since Napier's staff and success left the building, Maggard isn't the same AD. I'll also argue, since his first A team staff (with Yanko as right hand man) that he hired when he first got to Lafayette, he's not the same AD.

And honestly, if Maggard is gone tomorrow, MH will replace him with something worse. Yes, MH has handcuffed him. Yes, are cash strapped. But this athletics administration has totally failed in connecting with the existing fanbase or cultivating a generation of NEW fans. And this "oh we're waiting on the new stadium" to fix all of our problems is nonsense. What a destructive plan forward and slap in the face to Mike Desormeaux and his staff, and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Guys like Maggard care about legacy and resume'. He has a pretty cushy situation here in Lafayette. He's been universally praised since he got here. But no one holds him accountable for the health of RCAF, the total and complete exodus of Cajun fans from events, the god-awful promotions, marketing and sales, etc. Based on the last few years, I think Maggard is hanging on until this stadium renovation is complete to be the crown jewel of his tenure in Lafayette. No matter how you slice it, since Napier's staff and success left the building, Maggard isn't the same AD. I'll also argue, since his first A team staff (with Yanko as right hand man) that he hired when he first got to Lafayette, he's not the same AD.

And honestly, if Maggard is gone tomorrow, MH will replace him with something worse. Yes, MH has handcuffed him. Yes, are cash strapped. But this athletics administration has totally failed in connecting with the existing fanbase or cultivating a generation of NEW fans. And this "oh we're waiting on the new stadium" to fix all of our problems is nonsense. What a destructive plan forward and slap in the face to Mike Desormeaux and his staff, and the players.
    No arguments with this post. I’m confident most on here would say now (past tense included) was the time to market to developing a stronger core fanbase; NOT after the renovations.

6. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    No arguments with this post. I’m confident most on here would say now (past tense included) was the time to market to developing a stronger core fanbase; NOT after the renovations.
    TRUE!

When it comes to motivation (to get people onboard) utilizing the power of imaginiation (what is to come) is more powerful than using reality.

Waiting till reality arrives is missing half the boat.

We assume he tried to work again for the S-E-C, how does one know he is not carrying out the plan the S-E-C wants him to?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    We assume he tried to work again for the S-E-C, how does one know he is not carrying out the plan the S-E-C wants him to?
    F'ing brilliant

Our administration, like many others, are having trouble finding footing in the new communications era. The reliance on X, IG and Learfield to replace billboards, talk shows and terrestrial media with no smooth transition. That’s been a killer.

What made me think of it was, Cajun Cup 10k is today. It may still be a fundraiser CRR does for UL track. Have no clue, would not have known if not for a friend who is a runner. Seen zero traditional media advertising.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Dr. Maggard was hired to get the stadium done. I remember Dr. Savoie saying so in the process leading up to Dr. Maggard getting the job. It is and should be his crown jewel.

I like Dr. Maggard and the professionalism he brings to the position. I also like that he represents UL in a positive manner and I sincerely think he means well and is trying. I also think he got his hands slapped by T-Joe when he spent too much. Covid couldn't have come at a worse time for what he was doing for the program.

However, Dr. Maggard is at the core of many of our current problems. Under his watch, the gameday experience was butchered. The UL Football Program (team performance) is a shell of what it was just a few short years ago. It was his job to convince T-Joe to hire a coach that would continue the success achieved under Napier.

I would not be surprised that the top 20 ranking under Napier brought some unwanted attention politically to T-Joe and he got scared. He's more concerned about his legacy Academically, and backed off. This is the result. Apathy and a return to anemic football.

I believe T-Joe got political attention due to our football success 2 years ago and LSU winning less than usual, but it’s time for him to dismiss outside pressure and financially support both academics and athletics for this university. This is his job and legacy! It’s time for us to stand together and fight to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Dr. Maggard was hired to get the stadium done. I remember Dr. Savoie saying so in the process leading up to Dr. Maggard getting the job. It is and should be his crown jewel.
    Never understood the push by MH and T-Joe to renovate Cajun Field considering the poor attendance that has plagued the stadium. The renovated stadium will look good with tumbleweeds blowing through it and just 5000k fans sitting in their renovated seats. MH will need to order cardboard cut-outs to place in the remaining 31K empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Never understood the push by MH and T-Joe to renovate Cajun Field considering the poor attendance that has plagued the stadium. The renovated stadium will look good with tumbleweeds blowing through it and just 5000k fans sitting in their renovated seats. MH will need to order cardboard cut-outs to place in the remaining 31K empty seats.
    When was the last time you’ve been inside Cajun Field? It’s a dump. It absolutely has to be renovated. Regardless of attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I believe T-Joe got political attention due to our football success 2 years ago and LSU winning less than usual, but it’s time for him to dismiss outside pressure and financially support both academics and athletics for this university. This is his job and legacy! It’s time for us to stand together and fight to be better.
    So, we are going to not get funding and obligations done for us because our football team outperformed the “flagship’s” team? If that’s the case, shut the entire higher Ed system down in this state.

15. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    When was the last time you’ve been inside Cajun Field? It’s a dump. It absolutely has to be renovated. Regardless of attendance.
    Got to side with Reality Check on this one. Wasted money spent on a renovation with no return on the investment for the foreseeable future. The amenities at Cajun Field were not bad at all for the product that is being put on the field. Hell, band showcases held there draw more attendance than a UL home football game.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information