Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    He put all his eggs in the Napier basket to catapult him into a P5 job. That didn't work so he's sitting back and enjoying being a Louisiana 1%er.
    Like everyone else employed by UL, work just long enough at the job to collect state retirement. You don’t have to worry about being let go. Maggard is well on his way to enjoying that lifestyle.

But there should be a list of at least 5 names that get the axe, TODAY.

I’ll give you a couple of reasons.

One, this is major college football. That’s not how major college football operates.
    Two: Some personnel/staff are probably civil service employees. Again, that’s not how civil service operates.
    Three: A mascot is somewhere in the future. It will make it all better.

I’m actually embarrassed right now for the state of our program. My drunk ass walked home from the game last night and went straight to the “Our Town Our Team” Ragin’ Cajuns sign in my yard, and threw that ____ away! I agree with MAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m actually embarrassed right now for the state of our program. My drunk ass walked home from the game last night and went straight to the “Our Town Our Team” Ragin’ Cajuns sign in my yard, and threw that ____ away! I agree with MAT.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    “Our team our town” is such a lame ass slogan when you are trying to be branded as Louisiana. It makes no sense

If Maggard had a backbone and principles, he'd resign 12/1.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And risk losing out on future Faculty & Staff promos? I think not.

It's a lot more than "an overtime loss to Southern Mississippi". The entire body of work is undisciplined, ineffective, and a large step down from what we had with Napier.

Who in their right mind resigns from a high paying job where the results of the team he has no control over?

If we think it’s bad now, just wait til we lose to ULM in a couple weeks in front of a raucous home crowd of 6,000 people.

Yes all the other sports are doing very well, but football drives the bus. The fans/donors/community pretty much are all showing their displeasure with UL’s debacle of hiring a new head football coach after Billy left. Everyone agrees we should have done a national search for a then top 25 program after the 2021 season and we didn’t. What you are seeing are exact results and a response by the fan base to that decision. We all predicted this could have happened. We are only now seeing it unfold before our eyes. Bad decisions produce bad results. You lose support and your program dies.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Who in their right mind resigns from a high paying job where the results of the team he has no control over?
    I wasn't talking about the shape the football team is in.I'm talking about an AD who has, due to his poor decisions, has run off 15 to 20k folks who once went to CF and another 5k or so that went to MBB games. My post had nothing to do with the performance of the team last night.

Lets say, we're averaging 15k a game less in CF than we did during Hud's good years.

15k x 6 HG is 90,000 seats unsold for the season. Say, $20 a seat.$1.8 Million in lost ticket revenue in a season. And he shouldn't be fired?

Yeah no one is resigning!

Come on if you were making 400k or 750k on a contract telling me you would leave that and give up 800k left on your contract ? No way !

If you think Des will quit I don’t think so! Give up over 1.5 million left on his contract no way!

What's our head guy's buyout? Let's do a bake sale.

I wasn't talking about the shape the football team is in.I'm talking about an AD who has, due to his poor decisions, has run off 15 to 20k folks who once went to CF and another 5k or so that went to MBB games. My post had nothing to do with the performance of the team last night.

Lets say, we're averaging 15k a game less in CF than we did during Hud's good years.

15k x 6 HG is 90,000 seats unsold for the season. Say, $20 a seat.$1.8 Million in lost ticket revenue in a season. And he shouldn't be fired?
    Historically, football averages about 18k. The HUD years was an anomaly. Yes, football is attendance is down, but really not that much. Adding on the endzone seating was a boneheaded move. How did Maggard run off fans?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information