Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

1. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's just the best when you tell on yourself. So fun.
    . . . is that what you read there . . . and you talking about others ability to read and comprehend . . . it’s always charming when you come out your shell . . .

2. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . is that what you read there . . . and you talking about others ability to read and comprehend . . . it’s always charming when you come out your shell . . .
    Happy to have the approval of my biggest fan

3. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Not sure if serious. This a project that has taken many years of planning and fund raising. The admin is not just going to say ah never mind the product on the field the last 2 years isn’t up to par we’ll just scrap everything
    I am confused. Even with the "success" that the program had under Napier and even Hudspeth, attendance has steadily declined over the years. So MH decided that the declining attendance was due to an outdated facility? The thought process was that even with putting a marginal football product on the field, attendance would increase if Cajun Field was just updated? Kind of like saying that if I changed the upholstery in my uncle's 1964 Rambler, the engine and transmission would both run a lot better from doing that.

4. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    I am confused. Even with the "success" that the program had under Napier and even Hudspeth, attendance has steadily declined over the years. So MH decided that the declining attendance was due to an outdated facility? The thought process was that even with putting a marginal football product on the field, attendance would increase if Cajun Field was just updated? Kind of like saying that if I changed the upholstery in my uncle's 1964 Rambler, the engine and transmission would both run a lot better from doing that.
    Why do you have success in quotes? Did Napier not deliver success to this program in your opinion?

Napier attendance problems are easy to explain. The colossal flameout by Hudspeth, bookended by the 2016 political fallout, destroyed our locker room, football program and support base. Then, as soon as Napier had the team in position to win, Covid happened. In 2021, I think we had two Saturday home games.

Later in 2021, we set an SBC Championship attendance record here.

I agree that their philosophy of just waiting on the renovation is exceptionally flawed. It's the obese person asking their doctor for diet pills, expecting to lose weight, when their diet and exercise regimen is awful.

5. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . . absent some anomaly, one way or the other, we are an 18,000 plus or minus attending football fan base . . . it is what it is . . . people keep saying we draw from about a 400,000 Acadiana metropolitan area, however if 350,00 of these are even casual LSU fans, the base we draw from is really about 50,000 and with all of the alienation here of the other 350,000, casual LSU fans or diehard, we wonder why we can't draw any more fans at CF from time to time . . .

6. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . . absent some anomaly, one way or the other, we are an 18,000 plus or minus attending football fan base . . . it is what it is . . . people keep saying we draw from about a 400,000 Acadiana metropolitan area, however if 350,00 of these are even casual LSU fans, the base we draw from is really about 50,000 and with all of the alienation here of the other 350,000, casual LSU fans or diehard, we wonder why we can't draw any more fans at CF from time to time . . .
    While the site does have more views monthly than the total local population.

I think it has more to do with no outreach by marketing.

7. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

.is what an incompetent, excuse-making administrator would say to deflect from the fact that they're awful at their job.

8. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    While the site does have more views monthly than the total local population.

. . . alienation is outreach in the opposite direction and just one guy here fills the board with an inordinate amount of such alienation . . .

9. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

. . . alienation is outreach in the opposite direction and just one guy here fills the board with an inordinate amount of such alienation . . .
    A bastion of ideas.

Unused ideas do not lead to alienation of others.

Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

The marketing department certainly has an uphill battle, though. A lot of people aren't receptive to marketing attempts for UL athletics. That's not to say that more marketing wouldn't work; but it is to say that marketing requires an open ear to hear it.

11. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

A bastion of ideas.

Unused ideas do not lead to alienation of others.
    . . . more like a bastard with ideas . . . kind of like watching the post season selection process the past two years in baseball . . . I bet there were some posts that someone would like to have back after Louisiana was in both years, one by winning the tournament and the other by selection from the committee . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    What are you confused by? The admin has been working on funding stadium updates for the last 10 years.

At a minimum, the upper deck has major structural issues that require it to be replaced first of all. With that why would they not modernize the stadium while doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    The marketing department certainly has an uphill battle, though. A lot of people aren't receptive to marketing attempts for UL athletics. That's not to say that more marketing wouldn't work; but it is to say that marketing requires an open ear to hear it.
    Why do you think this is and what can we do to make Acadiana more receptive.

We hired a local coach, I work everyday in the city of New Iberia where our local coach is from. I've seen no ads with our local coach on them and pretty much no advertising of our games in this area. We have done nothing to take advantage of having a local coach and I would suspect most casual fans are clueless where our coach is from. So this certainly does nothing to help attendance.

14. Default Re: 11.10.23 Fallout - gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post

We hired a local coach, I work everyday in the city of New Iberia where our local coach is from. I've seen no ads with our local coach on them and pretty much no advertising of our games in this area. We have done nothing to take advantage of having a local coach and I would suspect most casual fans are clueless where our coach is from. So this certainly does nothing to help attendance.
    I was at First Horizon on Jefferson Terrace when they were giving out tickets to emplyees (for I forget which game) and not one person in the teller line knew the head coach was from New Iberia.

They do now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post

This is just insanity. Such low-hanging fruit that we do nothing with. It was addressed elsewhere on the board lately that Maggard has been asleep at the wheel for some time now. What the hell are we doing?! I don't know if I am just at my breaking point or what but something has to give.

We are ready to reveal the final renderings of the stadium and it's been radio silence, correct? I've seen absolutely nothing outside of this board. Is there someone who knows more than me to explain if there is a reason for this?

I'm just sick of it, man. No matter how physically ill this staff and the administration make me. I will be in Troy Saturday and Lafayette next Saturday.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information