Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: This Staff

Default Re: Des please resign.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ain’t happening. No coach ever quits because they’re struggling. Just not part of their competitive nature
    Maybe he loves UL

Default Re: This Staff

To me saying get rid of this staff is shortsighted. We had a program coming off 2 straight Top 25 finishes and went and hired the least experienced HC in all of the FBS. If the people who made this decision are still in positions of power, it’s not gonna matter. Gut Martin Hall. Remove any athletic department employee who is coasting in their cushy job on autopilot. The on field product is embarrassing. The game day experience is embarrassing. Operations are embarrassing. Marketing is embarrassing. Flush it all.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    To me saying get rid of this staff is shortsighted. We had a program coming off 2 straight Top 25 finishes and went and hired the least experienced HC in all of the FBS. If the people who made this decision are still in positions of power, it’s not gonna matter. Gut Martin Hall. Remove any athletic department employee who is coasting in their cushy job on autopilot. The on field product is embarrassing. The game day experience is embarrassing. Operations are embarrassing. Marketing is embarrassing. Flush it all.
    Bs, team is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Bs, team is embarrassing.
    The team is the product you get when you make a completely inexplicable hire.

5. Default Re: This Staff

Offense played well. The game was stolen by the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    Offense played well. The game was stolen by the officials.
    Came home and sped to the 3 points you’re alluding to. Calls were correct. The hitting the flag was also stepping out of bounds at the flag, ball was over the filed of play, not end zone.

Had thought it was blown, it was actually correct.

Two times, take the damn points. 6 points given away. First time, ok I get it. Second time poor coaching, lesson not learned.

Though the guys play hard, there are no first round OL out there where a team can bow up and and jam the ballot down the opponent’s throat.

Throw in the defensive fumble, there’s another 7. That one, stuff happens.

Have one of the weakest, if not the weakest FBS schedule. .500 is unacceptable. Even with the QB situation, right coaching moves, this was a win for the taking. I don’t see a win until next year.

Fully expect a “vote of confidence” is coming.

This is a .500 staff at best. GTFO! Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I agree totally that Chandler played well. I only stated that part about the 3rd string QB because that is one of the excuses they will use to keep Des’ seat as cool as the other side of the pillow.
    USM was on their 3rd string QB too.

9. Default Re: This Staff

While he learns on the job, Desormeaux won't recieve his head coaching degree for two or three more years.

He will continue to get his Next In Line payments (NIL payments) till he graduates.

ps Not every college graduate is employable. Time will tell.

Lots to learn in a short amount of time.

On any staff, in any line of work, anytime you hire from within you still have a vacancy to fill. So if who you bring in to the team in second spot doesn't have as much consideration as moving the first guy up.from within the overall.composition of the "team" will not improve

Staff has problems. Especially the DC who still can’t get his team lined up correctly before the snap. That said, the players bear a lot of responsibility for the loss. #6 can’t fumble on the 1/2 yard line. That cost us 7 points. #85 is thrown an easy TD pass that most HS players could make. That cost us 7 points. I am not even counting the other drops and the soft runs by our big RB. The players lost this game. Now it is the responsibility of the coaches to find good players. What they have now will obviously not cut it.

Default Re: Des please resign.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If you really love UL football, please resign, and let an experienced coach take the helm to bring the Cajuns to success.
    Who in the hell would want to come to UL now?

Endurance Training Re: This Staff

The rumors of the list of people who were interested in this job were insane and we decide to hire a coach who has no connections outside UL, and wouldn't have even been hired as OC at any other school

Good thing des commands a locker room. You with me??

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    The rumors of the list of people who were interested in this job were insane and we decide to hire a coach who has no connections outside UL, and wouldn't have even been hired as OC at any other school
    Were interested in the magic word. That is no longer the case.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information