Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

1. Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

no one can ever be sure that pre college talents will transfer to college level talents

but you can rest assure that Glasco’s recruiting is at the highest level of recruiting

we will see what he and his coaching staff can do to have these recruits compete at the highest levels at Louisiana

2. Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

The two 2025 commitments from St. Thomas More - catcher Shyanne Irvin and infielder Kennedy Stutes - are coming off great seasons. They are loaded for years to come.

Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullParadise View Post
    The two 2025 commitments from St. Thomas More - catcher Shyanne Irvin and infielder Kennedy Stutes - are coming off great seasons. They are loaded for years to come.
    And Gabbie Stutes redshirted this year. Is Kennedy her sister?

Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    And Gabbie Stutes redshirted this year. Is Kennedy her sister?
    Yes. Sisters.

How do these recruits [potentially] fill our needs?

With Denali Loecker and Sophie Piskos having exhausted their eligibility and Sam Graeter leaving via the Portal, we currently have 17 players on the roster. Position by position:

Catcher - only Vic Valdez among current players is a quality every day catcher. Sam Roe and Lauren Allred can catch, but neither is really a catcher. Among incoming recruits, only Norwood is listed as a catcher. Hopefully she can be a reliable second catcher to keep Valdez from having to catch every game.

Corner Infield: Currently, Brooke Ellestad, Sam Roe, Lauren Allred and Lillian Soto are corner infielders. Emily Smith will be a talented addition to this group.

Middle Infield: Alexa Langliers, Cecilia Vasquez and Gabby Stutes are currently on the team.

Raenna Liscano can be a reliable addition here.

Outfield: With Maddie Hayden, Mihyia Davis, Kayla Falterman and Dayzja Williams on the current roster, and Chayne Allen and Lily Knox coming in we are very, very solid in the outfield. Allen and Knox both bring much needed power hitting to this group.

Pitcher: Sam Landry and Chloe Riassetto both return, as do Sam Ryan and Lexie Delbrey. If Delbrey returns to her Florida form and Ryan's work ethic translates to improved performance, we are in pretty good shape here already.

Wheeler has been outstanding in High School, and has the size and skills to be outstanding here too, but reading between the lines, she is a prospect with huge upside that needs development.

Portal needs: If we can get an elite or near elite pitcher in the portal, I believe we will do so. Now in the Portal there are several possibilities:

Sidne Peters [Freshman, Washington, RHP, 8-1, ERA 3.35, OBA .185, WHIP 1.28, IP 62.2, K 69, BB 37]
    Randi Roelling [Freshman, Cal, LHP, 13-8, ERA 3.16, OBA .238, WHIP 1.38 IP 133, K 101, BB 63]
    Lillie Walker [Senior, Duke, LHP, 12-1, ERA 1.61, OBA .211, WHIP 0.95, IP 61, K 39, BB 11]

The two freshmen will be sophomores for next season, a class in which we have no pitchers. Of the two, I would expect we would favor Sidne Peters, as she is from the Houston area and no doubt knows many of our players from HS and/or travel ball.

Lillie Walker is an elite closer who is also capable of starting or long relief.

We might go after both of these, as one fills immediate needs and the other fills long term needs.

Another position that we may go to the portal for is catcher. At that position there are some outstanding young players in the portal.

Amanda Hasler [Sophomore, NC State, BA .351, OBP .444, SLG .770, OPS 1.214, 2b 8, HR 18, RBI 45]
    Isabela Emerling [Sophomore, North Carolina, BA .323, OBP .418, SLG .685, OPS 1.102, 2b 5, HR 14, RBI 53]

Either of those two bring big bats and catching experience to back up Valdez and DP when not catching.

Disclaimer: I have NO idea what coach Glasco thinks we need, nor any idea about whether he is pursuing any of the players I named in this post. This is just my opinion only, which is not worth a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

With Denali Loecker and Sophie Piskos having exhausted their eligibility and Sam Graeter leaving via the Portal, we currently have 17 players on the roster. Position by position:

Catcher - only Vic Valdez among current players is a quality every day catcher. Sam Roe and Lauren Allred can catch, but neither is really a catcher. Among incoming recruits, only Norwood is listed as a catcher. Hopefully she can be a reliable second catcher to keep Valdez from having to catch every game.

Corner Infield: Currently, Brooke Ellestad, Sam Roe, Lauren Allred and Lillian Soto are corner infielders. Emily Smith will be a talented addition to this group.

Middle Infield: Alexa Langliers, Cecilia Vasquez and Gabby Stutes are currently on the team.

Outfield: With Maddie Hayden, Mihyia Davis, Kayla Falterman and Dayzja Williams on the current roster, and Chayne Allen and Lily Knox coming in we are very, very solid in the outfield. Allen and Knox both bring much needed power hitting to this group.

Pitcher: Sam Landry and Chloe Riassetto both return, as do Sam Ryan and Lexie Delbrey. If Delbrey returns to her Florida form and Ryan's work ethic translates to improved performance, we are in pretty good shape here already.

Wheeler has been outstanding in High School, and has the size and skills to be outstanding here too, but reading between the lines, she is a prospect with huge upside that needs development.

Portal needs: If we can get an elite or near elite pitcher in the portal, I believe we will do so. Now in the Portal there are several possibilities:

Sidne Peters [Freshman, Washington, RHP, 8-1, ERA 3.35, OBA .185, WHIP 1.28, IP 62.2, K 69, BB 37]
    Randi Roelling [Freshman, Cal, LHP, 13-8, ERA 3.16, OBA .238, WHIP 1.38 IP 133, K 101, BB 63]
    Lillie Walker [Senior, Duke, LHP, 12-1, ERA 1.61, OBA .211, WHIP 0.95, IP 61, K 39, BB 11]

The two freshmen will be sophomores for next season, a class in which we have no pitchers. Of the two, I would expect we would favor Sidne Peters, as she is from the Houston area and no doubt knows many of our players from HS and/or travel ball.

Lillie Walker is an elite closer who is also capable of starting or long relief.

We might go after both of these, as one fills immediate needs and the other fills long term needs.

Another position that we may go to the portal for is catcher. At that position there are some outstanding young players in the portal.

Amanda Hasler [Sophomore, NC State, BA .351, OBP .444, SLG .770, OPS 1.214, 2b 8, HR 18, RBI 45]
    Isabela Emerling [Sophomore, North Carolina, BA .323, OBP .418, SLG .685, OPS 1.102, 2b 5, HR 14, RBI 53]

Either of those two bring big bats and catching experience to back up Valdez and DP when not catching.

Disclaimer: I have NO idea what coach Glasco thinks we need, nor any idea about whether he is pursuing any of the players I named in this post. This is just my opinion only, which is not worth a whole lot.
    I didn't know Graeter was in the portal, and would be surprised if Ryan returns, considering how little playing time she saw.

7. Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

this is an opinion board

All I ask is for an elite pitcher (or two) with nerves of steel and a very short memory.

9. Default Re: Glasco Announces Six Signees for Louisiana Softball’s 2024 Recruiting Class

Quote Originally Posted by PitBullParadise View Post
    Irvin actually had a down year compared to her freshman campaign. I have heard a rumor that she could possibly de-commit from the Cajuns and commit to LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Irvin actually had a down year compared to her freshman campaign. I have heard a rumor that she could possibly de-commit from the Cajuns and commit to LSU.
    She sat out her freshman campaign and numbers tend to drop when teams are pitching around you. Obviously anything can change, but from what I know behind the scenes I would be shocked if she wasn't a Ragin Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    All I ask is for an elite pitcher (or two) with nerves of steel and a very short memory.
    So they gotta have that dog in them?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I didn't know Graeter was in the portal, and would be surprised if Ryan returns, considering how little playing time she saw.
    Ryan is a hard worker and that rubs off on others. No surprise she is still with the Cajuns.

Disclaimer that is true. VObserver and JMV spent a lot of time next to each other this season at home and away games, in vehicles together, talks over the phone and via text. Great over view. I would also add that Alexis Pupillo would be a great addition to the 2025 roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    So they gotta have that dog in them?
    Yes, please

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Yes, please
    I like the bull dog mentality in pitchers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information