Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Default A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Last night both of my college students were home as we were celebrating their younger sisters Confirmation. My son made the comment that this will be the worst student section ever. I asked why? He said because they haven’t promoted it at all and most students don’t even know there is a game on Thursday night.

My daughter then chimed in and said yes, I asked several girls in my sorority if they were going and none of them knew about it. I asked, they shut down school half a day, did they not explain why? She said no, none of the instructors even mentioned it. Most people have no clue why school is closing early.

Correct me if I am wrong if you gonna shut down school for a half day wouldn’t you promote the $h!+ out of it and make it a big deal? We are letting everyone out of class so you can make it to the game and have a great crowd on national television….. I just don’t get it. Truly a baffling situation.

2. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

I tried to tell y'all in August, the people in charge of athletics have been given a mandate: quit and destroy all remnants of our base. MH hates the "kind" of fans we have and has actively tried to control the "kind" of people that attend our events. Small crowds be damned, they are "worried" about "liability." They have collectively given up until they can attach themselves to the earth shattering accomplishment of erecting a renovated stadium.

This is not an opinion. It is being discussed regularly by the uppers. Don't shoot the messenger.

Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

What kind of fan are they looking for?

I can’t for the life of me think this is ok with Dr Maggard. That is not Dr Maggard. Something odd is going on.
    This has been a weird week. Why do us us as fans have to beg people to go. This game should be promoted all around campus and town! All professors should be telling their students why they are getting a half day today!!! To get to the game! Why not get the volleyball state championship families over also after their games today? You know they are staying in hotels around Lafayette anyway.

I had a friend tell me that there's billboards in Hattiesburg promoting this game for Southern Miss.

They're doing more promoting this game as the road team than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Last night both of my college students were home as we were celebrating their younger sisters Confirmation. My son made the comment that this will be the worst student section ever. I asked why? He said because they haven’t promoted it at all and most students don’t even know there is a game on Thursday night.

My daughter then chimed in and said yes, I asked several girls in my sorority if they were going and none of them knew about it. I asked, they shut down school half a day, did they not explain why? She said no, none of the instructors even mentioned it. Most people have no clue why school is closing early.

Correct me if I am wrong if you gonna shut down school for a half day wouldn’t you promote the $h!+ out of it and make it a big deal? We are letting everyone out of class so you can make it to the game and have a great crowd on national television….. I just don’t get it. Truly a baffling situation.
    To clarify, we did not cancel classes for the game. We cancelled classes for mental health. It may have actually been for football but the messaging was Mental Health. We are terrified of admitting to any importance of athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    To clarify, we did not cancel classes for the game. We cancelled classes for mental health. It may have actually been for football but the messaging was Mental Health. We are terrified of admitting to any importance of athletics.
    Half of our faculty barely know that we have a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Half of our faculty barely know that we have a football team.
    But I am sure they will take advantage of that faculty discounted ticket and show up and support the university that pays them right?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    But I am sure they will take advantage of that faculty discounted ticket and show up and support the university that pays them right?
    First time hosting a long awaited rival in 20+ years, and this is the promo we run with. LOL.

I agree with MAT, the people in charge just don't care...and I think that includes a few in the athletic department...the fewer people who attend, the less trouble to be had on game day. Same with the CD, no one with a lick of sense would f up consessions like that...

The median HH in Lafayette Parish is $54,100...they (MH, RCAF, Maggard) are squeezing out the lower half to cater to the upper half, who could give (mostly) a purple and gold rats azz what UL athletics are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I agree with MAT, the people in charge just don't care...and I think that includes a few in the athletic department...the fewer people who attend, the less trouble to be had on game day. Same with the CD, no one with a lick of sense would f up consessions like that...

The median HH in Lafayette Parish is $54,100...they (MH, RCAF, Maggard) are squeezing out the lower half to cater to the upper half, who could give (mostly) a purple and gold rats azz what UL athletics are doing.
    Someone get this man a pulpit because he’s preaching.

Absolutely correct. Ever since Maggard & Yanko came in it has been that way. Absolute wrong approach, and they still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Mental health ? Please enlighten us.

When John Aiken came on Ragin Review, he mentioned how he wanted anyone as low as $10-$25 to show up to Krewe Allons events because you never know who will increase their donation or have someone sneak in and donate $10k. The gate should be open right now. We have no room to keep it closed. We are not Temple or Rice.

$1000+ donors build the seats
    $10-$1,000 fill the seats

Right now, we are emptying the seats.

15. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

the getting out early is to clear the parking of student parking at cajun field for the state volleyball tournament and the game. Not for college students to go to the game.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information