Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

I will be there supporting the Cajuns, but have no expectations after last week's debacle at ASU.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    University of Louisiana at "Lafayette" Football. There is no such thing.
    Do it to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    They did not say it was for football or for the students to get ready for the game. If you have a source for that info, please share it.

The reason they stated was: With increased visitors, media, and parking demands throughout the day, maintaining normal class schedules and operations is not possible.

SOURCE: https://www.wdam.com/2022/09/28/thur...e-offices-usm/

We can't use that reason with our stadium being off campus, so we came up with something else.
    Their explanation directly ties the cancellation to the game. I’m not sure how one could miss that. I don’t have good enough internet access at work to scroll through their Twitter back to October of last year, but I’ll post the video they released when I can.

Leaving work, going home, and then heading out to the game.

See y'all out there,

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Default Re: Game Day!!!!!

They did not say it was for football or for the students to get ready for the game. ...
    https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...i/69542642007/

https://www.wdam.com/2022/09/28/thur...outputType=amp

https://www.wjtv.com/news/pine-belt/...ball-game/amp/

https://www.supertalk.fm/thursday-cl...football-game/

Four headlines. Message is clear in each: classes were cancelled because of a FOOTBALL GAME. One article even mentions upset professors. We would be way too scared to upset our liberal academics by disrupting classes for football.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I also don't recall anyone ever being confirmed in the late fall/winter timeframe
    You are correct my other 2 were in the spring. Changed that this year. Also changed the age to 8th grade. So all Jr, Soph, and Freshman are being confirmed. Our church had confirmation Monday through tonight this week.

I'm not taking a side, just throwing this out there as I like to look at things from different angles.

Earlier this year (February 2023), some members of the student body were pushing for a "Mental Health Day" where the students were given a day off. That is documented in this article: https://thevermilion.net/2023/02/07/...s-and-faculty/

The students were granted the day off, but don't any of you find it odd that it just happened fall on the day of our Thursday night football game. It appears this was coordinated by someone at the university to coincide with our nationally televised football game.

I know Martin Hall isn't in love with athletics, but someone got the Mental Health Day to fall on the exact same day that it works out best for football. I don't think it is just a coincidence.

Last year, USM shut their campus down for the Thursday night game against us. People here praised USM for doing so and complained "UL would never do that". Well, we did it and now we have a lot of the same people complaining about it.
    Mental health day? What kind of pu____ies are we raising this day and age?

8. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

. . . looking at this thread, they almost got it correct . . . they should have said “for the health of RP posters” . . . there are lots of unhealthy posters here . . . or maybe it’s just negative, not unhealthy, but negative posters here . . .

9. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Mental health day? What kind of pu____ies are we raising this day and age?
    . . . unhealthy ones . . .

Ran into my nephew at Red’s. Asked him if he knew why today was a half day…”mental health week?”. I told him it was because of the Southern Miss game tonight…blew his mind!

11. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Ran into my nephew at Red’s. Asked him if he knew why today was a half day…”mental health week?”. I told him it was because of the Southern Miss game tonight…blew his mind!
    . . . made him into a mental health casualty . . . you should have broke it to him easy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . made him into a mental health casualty . . .
    lol…I see what you did there.

. . . looking at this thread, they almost got it correct . . . they should have said “for the health of RP posters” . . . there are lots of unhealthy posters here . . . or maybe it’s just negative, not unhealthy, but negative posters here . . .
    Should we not feel negative about low turnout tonight? If you're such a supporter of our coaches and players, you should care. But you'd rather complain about the complainers.

14. Default Re: A Real Head Scratcher (Student attendance tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Should we not feel negative about low turnout tonight? If you're such a supporter of our coaches and players, you should care. But you'd rather complain about the complainers.
    . . . wut . . .

It's often healthy to air grievances.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information