Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: LGT Final: Louisiana 31, USM 34

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. USM

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Against ODU

Against USM 4 of 15 on third down and 2 of 5 on fourth down.

As bad as 73% failure was in third down, 2 of 5 on fourth down didn't need to happen.

Take the points, go home a winner, bowl eligible, winning by 6.

Just like going for 2, way early in the game vs ODU, let the game play out before you make drastic calls.

Offensive yardage was 390 apiece last night but USM was 9 of 18 on third down but again, that's not where they won the game.

Louisiana gave the game, away.
    THIS

Though privately concerned he was not ready i publicly supported Mike. I saw no point in blasting a hire that was a done deal. It’s very disappointing that all the fears are being realized. Mike loves this school, but it is clear he was not ready for this job. Napier was never a great in game coach he made tons of strange decisions, but his teams did all the little things necessary to win tight games. That’s the difference right now.

Considering I doubt Dez gets fired this year, I hope he learns and is able to adjust and improve.

With the talent on this team we really should be 9-1 but instead we are 5-5 and in danger of not making a bowl

He can start by firing his DC and handing over the play calling duties to someone else

How's that hometown hire working out? Yall can get mad. IDGAF. Get used to it. It's Marlin 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    With the talent on this team we really should be 9-1 but instead we are 5-5 and in danger of not making a bowl
    Told a few people when Zeon went down we wouldn’t win another game. We were winning games despite this coaching staff. Troy will kick the crap out of us and ulm will treat us like the superbowl again. Great job coach

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How's that hometown hire working out? Yall can get mad. IDGAF. Get used to it. It's Marlin 2.0
    Remember everyone laughing at me and you when we said this was a usl hire. Those folks aren't laughing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    He can start by firing his DC and handing over the play calling duties to someone else
    I agree. Also can the SPT coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Though privately concerned he was not ready i publicly supported Mike. I saw no point in blasting a hire that was a done deal. It’s very disappointing that all the fears are being realized. Mike loves this school, but it is clear he was not ready for this job. Napier was never a great in game coach he made tons of strange decisions, but his teams did all the little things necessary to win tight games. That’s the difference right now.

Considering I doubt Dez gets fired this year, I hope he learns and is able to adjust and improve.
    Charlie, how did anybody honestly think he was ready for this job. More precisely, ready for this job at THAT important juncture of this university. They blindly lined up because Des is a "good guy", a "hard nosed player", a "leader of men", and he's gonna "graduate his players" Well we weren't hiring a humanitarian, a football player, a pastor, or a professor. The same people gushing for this Des hire are the same ones who wanted to hire Louie Cook. The same ones that defend and sunshine pump every assanine decision this university makes. Skipping around blowing bubbles and farting rainbows. It's people that wanna be cool with coach and have you sit on his lap. We were at the most pivotal position this university could've been in and we made the dumbest decision we could've ever made. And listen, God bless Des. Is he a great guy? Of course. But contrary to popular belief, you can love Des as a person, but hate it as your head football coach. Some people just can't separate the two. And it's part of the reason we have coaches like Marlin and Des. There's enough sycophants out there to support this crap thats killing this program. Baldwin? A political hirea disaster. Bustle? National searchprogram gets better. Hud? National search.program gets even better. Napier? National search.team reaches its zenith. Des? No search/hometown hireyou see a pattern? But F it. People are gonna come here and blast me,make excuses, try to force a rainbow up a round hole, like they did when I and others protested at this hire. But like I said, IDGAF. They can go pound sand. This is gonna be a long road. Take yalls medicine, but I'm tired supporting mediocrity and watching this University sit there, and frankly not give a sh!+ while watching fans call you a bad fan for pointing out the obvious. Sorry Charlie, this wasn't directed at you personally brother, just everything as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Charlie, how did anybody honestly think he was ready for this job. More precisely, ready for this job at THAT important juncture of this university. They blindly lined up because Des is a "good guy", a "hard nosed player", a "leader of men", and he's gonna "graduate his players" Well we weren't hiring a humanitarian, a football player, a pastor, or a professor. The same people gushing for this Des hire are the same ones who wanted to hire Louie Cook. The same ones that defend and sunshine pump every assanine decision this university makes. Skipping around blowing bubbles and farting rainbows. It's people that wanna be cool with coach and have you sit on his lap. We were at the most pivotal position this university could've been in and we made the dumbest decision we could've ever made. And listen, God bless Des. Is he a great guy? Of course. But contrary to popular belief, you can love Des as a person, but hate it as your head football coach. Some people just can't separate the two. And it's part of the reason we have coaches like Marlin and Des. There's enough sycophants out there to support this crap thats killing this program. Baldwin? A political hirea disaster. Bustle? National searchprogram gets better. Hud? National search.program gets better. Napier? National search.team reaches its zenith. Des? No search/hometown hireyou see a pattern? But F it. People are gonna come here and blast me,make excuses, try to force a rainbow up a round hole, like they did when I and others protested at this hire. But like I said, IDGAF. They can go pound sand. This is gonna be a long road. Take yalls medicine, but I'm tired supporting mediocrity and watching this University sit there, and frankly not give a sh!+ while watching fans call you a bad fan for pointing out the obvious. Sorry Charlie, this wasn't directed at you personally brother, just everything as a whole
    Post of 2024. Well said brother.

Kill the snake by chopping of the head. T JOE and crannies must geaux!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Which position or positions do you feel we have the superior talent to our conference peers?

I was excited about Dez because I loved him as a player and believed Billy was right. I was wrong. Dez is not cut out for the job. He is a .500 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I was excited about Dez because I loved him as a player and believed Billy was right. I was wrong. Dez is not cut out for the job. He is a .500 guy.
    If he was the guy, billy would have taken him to Florida. Obviously he ain’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Which position or positions do you feel we have the superior talent to our conference peers?
    We are easily top 3 in RB, WR, DL, LB and S. You could argue OL as well.

Honestly we are top 3 in every single position group.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information