Thread: 6 years ago today

Default 6 years ago today

6 years ago today I was in the LGMC ICU recovering from a heart attack.

I learned a few things from that

1). When you walk into an ER and say "I think I am having a heart attack" you get put in a separate waiting room and get in right away. You would think it's because you may be having a heart attack but it's probably because they don't want you coding in front of everyone in the waiting room.

2. I do remember most everything. I wasn't scared because things were happening so fast I didn't have time to get scared. I do remember asking Dr Ruiz if I was going to die.

3. I also remember the cath lab being cold and I was shivering. Probably a good thing because it kept my mind off of what they were doing.

4. I remember a nurse telling me the removal of the heart catheter was no big deal......... She lied.

It was good to get back home to Scooter and Bear. My 2 dogs.

I also learned that winning or losing a game or contest is no big deal. It happens and you move on.

Default Re: 6 years ago today

Can definitely change your perspective. Glad you’re doing well since.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

1). When you walk into an ER and say "I think I am having a heart attack" you get put in a separate waiting room and get in right away. You would think it's because you may be having a heart attack but it's probably because they don't want you coding in front of everyone in the waiting room.

2. I do remember most everything. I wasn't scared because things were happening so fast I didn't have time to get scared. I do remember asking Dr Ruiz if I was going to die.

3. I also remember the cath lab being cold and I was shivering. Probably a good thing because it kept my mind off of what they were doing.

4. I remember a nurse telling me the removal of the heart catheter was no big deal......... She lied.

I also learned that winning or losing a game or contest is no big deal. It happens and you move on.
    Great lessons.

After all of that, what have you decided is a big deal? What has become more important to you?

I don't know you sir, but I am glad you are still alive. Many thanks to the good Lord. God bless you and your family.

Yup. It’s like you care who wins or loses, but in the long run, meh.

Congratulations sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Great lessons.

After all of that, what have you decided is a big deal? What has become more important to you?
    That's a good question.

One thing I have learned is "life is short and I don't have time to play around". Be productive and learn something new every day. Go to bed at night knowing you "did something of substance" that day .

I grow a garden which teaches you a lot about how things work in nature and to be patient. If you take the time to look you can see it. Yogi Berra was a genius when he said "you can observe a lot just by looking"

It's important say less, listen more do even more. Saying less will allow your bull ______ detector to become more accurate. It also gives to the freedom to tell someone "how the cow eats the cabbage".

I see young people today with their heads buried in their pocket computer with a phone app. They are all "prisoners of their own device". I feel that is tragic because "I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see".

Finally, I find it is very important to me to engage in conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I don't know you sir, but I am glad you are still alive. Many thanks to the good Lord. God bless you and your family.
    Thank you very much.

Glad you're still around sir...have had a couple of friends go through that situation as well...life changing

That's a good question.

One thing I have learned is "life is short and I don't have time to play around". Be productive and learn something new every day. Go to bed at night knowing you "did something of substance" that day .

I grow a garden which teaches you a lot about how things work in nature and to be patient. If you take the time to look you can see it. Yogi Berra was a genius when he said "you can observe a lot just by looking"

It's important say less, listen more do even more. Saying less will allow your bull ______ detector to become more accurate. It also gives to the freedom to tell someone "how the cow eats the cabbage".

I see young people today with their heads buried in their pocket computer with a phone app. They are all "prisoners of their own device". I feel that is tragic because "I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see".

A life changing event!

It looks like it changed your life for the better. Would you agree?

I like your points made in this post; well I agree with them, I don't really like that people are so attached to their devices, or is that (d)vices!

Anyway, I personally am glad your are still pumpin' blood and I hope God keeps it ticking longer.

Glad you're still with us.

That's a good question.

“Gods at War” would be a good read for folks like us.

Thread Information