Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball: National Signing Day 2023

Default Re: National Signing Day 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    As she got better offers she upgraded her options. Hopefully she will be a Cajun and that is all that matters.
    A JUCO was a better offer than ULM?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    A JUCO was a better offer than ULM?
    Every kid and situation is different. Maybe the JC covered more of her costs and it was the better offer off the field. Who knows. Maybe she took the ULM offer, then got better and more schools came after her. Who knows. I don't know the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Wow. Looking for the greener grass. If she doesn't win a starting position, what are the chances of her entering the transfer portal?
    About the same chance as Jordy Bahl. Many players enter the portal for a variety of reasons. Rosters are built year to year anyway these days, but you already know that.

Any chance their was an academic reason?

5. Default Re: National Signing Day 2023

About the same chance as Jordy Bahl. Many players enter the portal for a variety of reasons. Rosters are built year to year anyway these days, but you already know that.
    Everyone knows why Bahl left Oklahoma for Nebraska and it wasn't for greener grass. I admittedly don't know the recruiting history for this particular young lady but 3 flips in one month, if true, did raise my eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Everyone knows why Bahl left Oklahoma for Nebraska and it wasn't for greener grass. I admittedly don't know the recruiting history for this particular young lady but 3 flips in one month, if true, did raise my eyebrows.
    So this is weird, the destination was already announced before she entered the portal. So clearly folks talk to other schools before entering portal, hmmm. Wonder how many others

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...ransfer-portal

If true that is a fair statement. I will put my trust in this staff. For the most part in my opinion Coach Glasco and staff have hit on most of the kids that they have brought in.

Why did she leave?

National signing day for college softball is tomorrow. Can't wait to see the class of 2024 ink their name and join the Cajuns. Tomorrow will be a good day for the softball program. Geaux Cajuns.
    Early signing period is also in effect for basketball and baseball. Period started today and goes for one week. I don't know if basketball will sign anyone early. If we do, I presume it will be an inside player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Early signing period is also in effect for basketball and baseball. Period started today and goes for one week. I don't know if basketball will sign anyone early. If we do, I presume it will be an inside player.
    Also volleyball

11. Default Re: National Signing Day 2023

Why did she leave?
    It's well documented with stories written about her and interviews she has given that are posted on YouTube. She was homesick for Nebraska. She accomplished what she wanted at OU and hopes to do the same at Nebraska. I wish her the best of luck. She is a generational talent.

It's well documented with stories written about her and interviews she has given that are posted on YouTube. She was homesick for Nebraska. She accomplished what she wanted at OU and hopes to do the same at Nebraska. I wish her the best of luck. She is a generational talent.
    I agree. She is a Dawg in the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Is that an accomplishment?
    ULM Softball is not great, but they are a quickly improving program under their new coach. They have gone from awful to respectable. Their final RPI last year was 119.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    ULM Softball is not great, but they are a quickly improving program under their new coach. They have gone from awful to respectable. Their final RPI last year was 119.
    They also ranked in the top 50 this year for recruiting class of 2024.

They also ranked in the top 50 this year for recruiting class of 2024.
    I fully expect the Warhawks to improve again this year. I will be surprised if their final RPI this coming season is not at least 20 spots better than last year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information