Thread: Animal house references

Default Animal house references

We have come to the point that Animal House references have become esoteric.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/jeff...rl-harbor.html

Default Re: Animal house references

Probably shouldn't be joking about Germans(or German allies) bombing anything while the Jewish people are currently at war

Plus I don't think Faber was an FBS or FCS school

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    We have come to the point that Animal House references have become esoteric.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/jeff...rl-harbor.html
    It’s a fading memory. Today’s average youngsters would be looking for an emotional comfort pet and a tissue within 10 minutes into the movie.

4. Default Re: Animal house references

Interesting that he played the part of John “Bluto” Blutarsky and got the exact same reaction 45 years later.

Timeless.

Brave or "Bluto like" to do it on German soil.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Probably shouldn't be joking about Germans(or German allies) bombing anything while the Jewish people are currently at war

Plus I don't think Faber was an FBS or FCS school
    University of Oregon was used…lol. The Delta house was demolished 20 + years ago.

“Knowledge is good”, I use it often, a few catch it when said.

Emil Faber was a real person and actually has made a point in all our lives, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s a fading memory. Today’s average youngsters would be looking for an emotional comfort pet and a tissue within 10 minutes into the movie.
    Hahaha, I think saying “average” might be stretching it. My 16 year old would punch someone in the face if they had an emotional comfort pet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

True dat.

One could argue the comment was not a joke in the movie.....

It is known that Japan and Germany signed agreements on military technological collaboration, both before the 1939 outbreak of World War II, and during the conflict.
    In the years leading up to the outbreak of World War II in Europe in 1939, there was some significant collaborative development in heavy industry between German companies and their Japanese counterparts as part of the two nation's evolving relations. This was one major factor in Japan's ability to quickly exploit raw materials in the areas of the Empire of Japan that had recently come under their military control.

Nippon Lurgi Goshi KK was a Japanese company of the period involved in Japanese-German cooperation. The Lurgi AG German industrial group was a partner, and it was the Lurgi office in Tokyo.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    "Definitely not at our tailgates"- signed martin hall

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post

Thread Information