Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

Default Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

A to Z Sports home
    Butch Jones calls out fans after Arkansas State's win against Louisiana

Butch Jones calls out fans after Arkansas State's win against Louisiana

Arkansas State head coach Butch Jones wasn't too happy with fans after his team's 37-17 win against Louisiana on Saturday.

Jones called out fans for not showing up to the game on Saturday.

The official attendance for Arkansas State's win against Louisiana was 15,881. Centennial Bank Stadium has a capacity of 30,382.

"Thank the fans that did show up today with beautiful weather, I'd like to thank them for coming," said Jones. "We need to do something. I'm going to challenge our student body. You know, we got a team that's won five out of seven.

We represent Arkansas State. We need to start making Centennial Bank Stadium a home field advantage."

"I'm very grateful for the people that came out today," added Jones. "Grateful for everything that they do for our program, but we need to get more people in the stands.

This is a community team. It starts with our student body. So I don't know if I have to walk across campus and continue to meet, but that's why you go to college. It's part of the collegiate experience to be a part of it and it was unacceptable today."

Default Re: Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

In todays day and age coaches have to do what they have to do. I like it. Waiting on Coach Des to one day do this.

Billy and Mike never did this.

that place looked empty on Saturday even the tv announcers commented that there were only a few thousand there, far less than the 15000 announced

I’ve taken guests with me to CF. Their biggest grievance is that Football is too slow-moving and gets boring, especially if you’re not versed in the play-calling and X’s and O’s. Too much stopping, timeouts, waiting around for something to happen, etc. I might add, these same guests are asking me when softball starts again, they can’t wait to go back. And these are not really sports people, but they love a fast-moving game that everyone is into.

TV time outs are "toooooo danm highhhhhh!!!"

So the problem isn't either our attendance or what administration does to contribute to said attendance, rp is saying the problem is that UL coaches don't call it out?

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I’ve taken guests with me to CF. Their biggest grievance is that Football is too slow-moving and gets boring, especially if you’re not versed in the play-calling and X’s and O’s. Too much stopping, timeouts, waiting around for something to happen, etc. I might add, these same guests are asking me when softball starts again, they can’t wait to go back. And these are not really sports people, but they love a fast-moving game that everyone is into.
    Yea, TV timeouts + reviews are hurting the in-game experience for sure. Maybe when the glutenous 2 (SEC/B1G) finally peel away and fully sell their souls to TV money, whatever still governs (NCAA) the rest of college football can implement some rules to eliminate some of the momentum killers (TV timeouts/unlimited reviews) that are hurting attendance/in-game experience.

10. Default Re: Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I’ve taken guests with me to CF. Their biggest grievance is that Football is too slow-moving and gets boring, especially if you’re not versed in the play-calling and X’s and O’s.
    Fans who understand the game enjoy analysis between plays.

People who don't grasp the nuances see the game like former Russian leader Leonard Brezhnev did 4 or 5 decades ago, "All fall down, all get up."

I think part of knowing the game and going to the game started in high school for many. The transition to attending in college was seamless.

Now even when people are at the game they arent watching the game or discussing the game.

Some would even have fans not discuss the game as it happens here on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fans who understand the game enjoy analysis between plays.

People who don't grasp the nuances see the game like former Russian leader Leonard Brezhnev did 4 or 5 decades ago, "All fall down, all get up."

I think part of knowing the game and going to the game started in high school for many. The transition to attending in college was seamless.

Now even when people are at the game they arent watching the game or discussing the game.

Some would even have fans not discuss the game as it happens here on RP.
    Yea agreed. There is just a big gap between the fanatic / aficionado type and the casual fan. Even Rugby is faster-moving. Just one of those things.

12. Default Re: Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

. . . if everyone who attends the games would pay another $1,000 for the season, that would generate about $15,000,000 . . . with that additional money, there would need to be no advertising sponsors and so all of the TV timeouts would go away . . . as for the reviews, if you really don't like the advancements to the game, maybe sports is not your proper entertainment vehicle . . .

Or if every student takes out an additional 5k student loan which will be wiped away anyhow and donates that, that would be $100 million

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Yea, TV timeouts + reviews are hurting the in-game experience for sure. Maybe when the glutenous 2 (SEC/B1G) finally peel away and fully sell their souls to TV money, whatever still governs (NCAA) the rest of college football can implement some rules to eliminate some of the momentum killers (TV timeouts/unlimited reviews) that are hurting attendance/in-game experience.
    TV time outs are not going away….

15. Default Re: Butch Calls out A State fans and Students...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    TV time outs are not going away….
    . . . that is only because the school/fans are not willing to pay for production costs which is paid for by advertising . . . if that changed, then there would be no need for TV timeouts . . .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information