Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New basketball court side food/bar

1. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The new premium area is not disconnected from getting people in the Dome. Remember it may not affect you, but season ticket holders in that section who had those seats for several years were displaced. It was a good area for people who can’t afford center court tickets to get in close to the action for an affordable cost. Something desperately needed for the working class family who can’t afford premium tickets AND restaurant priced mediocre concessions. Just another example of our “trashy” fans being pushed out for the chance to woo River Ranch dwellers who want nothing to do with the university to begin with.
    . . . just wondering how "River Ranch dwellers" have anything to do with this and what makes you believe that ALL of the people you intended to degrade here are in fact "River Ranch dwellers . . . or that there are any "River Ranch dwellers" who are participating in this perk . . . lots of gall here . . .

Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    This! Obviously, the school received some feedback that the well off fans were willing to pay more to have an area where they didn't have to stand in line for food and drinks. The school responded to the demand. I only go to about 3 games a year because my common sense tells me that paying $40 for a second level ticket; $12 for a 16oz beer and $5.50 for a bag of popcorn isn't a good expenditure of my disposable income. Especially if I bring my wife and kids. I can get a much better bang by doing other things. I wonder at what point will the LCG say enough is enough and stop subsidizing games with just 500 fans attending in a stadium that seats 13K plus.
    There definitely seems to be a misunderstanding of the amount of disposable income that the majority of our fanbase has and/ or is willing to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    There definitely seems to be a misunderstanding of the amount of disposable income that the majority of our fanbase has and/ or is willing to part with.
    We are a blue collar fanbase. Our commitment should be to get those same people in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We are a blue collar fanbase. Our commitment should be to get those same people in the stands.
    Bingo.

I have a dumb question.

The concessions at Cajun Field are actually priced pretty darn low. Why the huge disparity in prices between Cajun Field and the Cajundome?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Bingo.

I have a dumb question.

The concessions at Cajun Field are actually priced pretty darn low. Why the huge disparity in prices between Cajun Field and the Cajundome?
    I don't have the exact answer, but if I were to guess, I would say it's due to the Cajundome monopolizing the concession costs equally through all events. So, a drink at a concert might cost the same as a drink at a UL basketball game when hosting Louisiana Christian. Same with Ticketmaster. The fees are the same across the board whether it is a concert or a UL sporting event.

I don't have the exact answer, but if I were to guess, I would say it's due to the Cajundome monopolizing the concession costs equally through all events. So, a drink at a concert might cost the same as a drink at a UL basketball game when hosting Louisiana Christian. Same with Ticketmaster. The fees are the same across the board whether it is a concert or a UL sporting event.
    Or maybe the company that has the concession contract at the Cajun Dome doesn't have the contract for concessions at the Tigue?

Or maybe the company that has the concession contract at the Cajun Dome doesn't have the contract for concessions at the Tigue?
    Doesn’t Sodexo have the contracts for all of this?

Doesn’t Sodexo have the contracts for all of this?
    Different divisions of Sodexo. Pricing is contracted with the Cajundome, not the university. Also, concessions at the Tigue are different than catering. I.E., suites and club level.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Different divisions of Sodexo. Pricing is contracted with the Cajundome, not the university. Also, concessions at the Tigue are different than catering. I.E., suites and club level.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Is artisian a different division of Sodexo cause that’s who is at the Cajundome

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    i dont think the courtside club is necessarily for the majority of the fan base, thats why its called a premium area

a premium area at the game does not prevent a blue collar fan from attending the game in any way

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i dont think the courtside club is necessarily for the majority of the fan base, thats why its called a premium area
    This. I do not understand the outrage behind it. It's not pricing anyone out.

This! Obviously, the school received some feedback that the well off fans were willing to pay more to have an area where they didn't have to stand in line for food and drinks. The school responded to the demand. I only go to about 3 games a year because my common sense tells me that paying $40 for a second level ticket; $12 for a 16oz beer and $5.50 for a bag of popcorn isn't a good expenditure of my disposable income. Especially if I bring my wife and kids. I can get a much better bang by doing other things. I wonder at what point will the LCG say enough is enough and stop subsidizing games with just 500 fans attending in a stadium that seats 13K plus.
    There were lots more than 500 people at the game last night. I recognize you were using hyperbole. I am not sure what your point is regarding the LCG subsidizing things. I don't think they have a choice. Part of the contract with the Dome requires the university have access to so many dates per year for it's use. That includes basketball. That goes back to the original construction and I don't think there is an end date to that clause.

15. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There were lots more than 500 people at the game last night. I recognize you were using hyperbole. I am not sure what your point is regarding the LCG subsidizing things. I don't think they have a choice. Part of the contract with the Dome requires the university have access to so many dates per year for it's use. That includes basketball. That goes back to the original construction and I don't think there is an end date to that clause.
    . . . but access to the building for so many days comes only with the CD negotiated concession vendors, apparently . . .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information