Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New basketball court side food/bar

Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The new premium area is not disconnected from getting people in the Dome. Remember it may not affect you, but season ticket holders in that section who had those seats for several years were displaced. It was a good area for people who can’t afford center court tickets to get in close to the action for an affordable cost. Something desperately needed for the working class family who can’t afford premium tickets AND restaurant priced mediocre concessions. Just another example of our “trashy” fans being pushed out for the chance to woo River Ranch dwellers who want nothing to do with the university to begin with.
    You would be shocked how low the no. is of people who previously had season tickets in the new premium area. Can't reveal the no. since it was told to me in confidence. However, I believe all of them renewed to a different section with no complaints. Most folks who sat there had complimentary tickets including many in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Is artisian a different division of Sodexo cause that’s who is at the Cajundome
    No clue, I just no it is different contracts.

3. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You would be shocked how low the no. is of people who previously had season tickets in the new premium area. Can't reveal the no. since it was told to me in confidence. However, I believe all of them renewed to a different section with no complaints.
    . . . can’t let an unknown fact get in the way of an agenda . . . you know, those darn River Ranch dwellers . . . they mess up everything at Louisiana . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . but access to the building for so many days comes only with the CD negotiated concession vendors, apparently . . .
    Well. I guess we have our answer.

This is a very bad situation for the basketball program.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i dont think the courtside club is necessarily for the majority of the fan base, thats why its called a premium area
    I understand that regarding the "premium area" but my previous post was in response to a poster saying that they only felt comfortable attending 3 games per season due to the overall costs associated with attendinng with a family

You would be shocked how low the no. is of people who previously had season tickets in the new premium area. Can't reveal the no. since it was told to me in confidence. However, I believe all of them renewed to a different section with no complaints. Most folks who sat there had complimentary tickets including many in the press.
    To say that ALL renewed to different locations is just flat out false.

There were lots more than 500 people at the game last night. I recognize you were using hyperbole. I am not sure what your point is regarding the LCG subsidizing things. I don't think they have a choice. Part of the contract with the Dome requires the university have access to so many dates per year for it's use. That includes basketball. That goes back to the original construction and I don't think there is an end date to that clause.
    Look at the pictures I posted. Maybe 1,000

2000 plus was the official announced attendance. There was good student support however. Back to my question. How can local government stop “subsidizing” the basketball program. It’s not like they can tell the university you can’t play basketball in the CajunDome any longer. I thought the contract allowing so many dates for the university had no end date.

Mhm

Attached Images Attached Images    

10. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

2000 plus was the official announced attendance. There was good student support however. Back to my question. How can local government stop “subsidizing” the basketball program. It’s not like they can tell the university you can’t play basketball in the CajunDome any longer. I thought the contract allowing so many dates for the university had no end date.
    It has agreement points in time but they are few and far between. I seem to recall 25 year increments.

The Cajun Dome's stance on concessions is a tourniquet to event viability.

Did you know that the Cajun Dome will not lease the building to an event that does NOT use concessions? It was a practice that was instituted umder Greg Davis and it has cost the city untold millions in lost revenue.

11. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

I think court level community suites are genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It has agreement points in time but they are few and far between. I seem to recall 25 year increments.

Did you know that the Cajun Dome will not lease the building to an event that does NOT use concessions? It was a practice that was instituted umder Greg Davis and it has cost the city untold millions in lost revenue.
    Damn, Turbine. I cannot believe they would do something so restrictive. That needs to change.

If games were shorter there would be less time to consume more concession items.....

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

They don't have proms or homecoming dances or graduations in the cajundome? I don't recall concessions similar to basketball game concessions or concert at those types of events

15. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    They don't have proms or homecoming dances or graduations in the cajundome? I don't recall concessions similar to basketball game concessions or concert at those types of events
    "recall" is right.

This wasn't always the case, Greg Davis implemented the must allow CD consessions rule.

Years ago a convention came to the Cajun Dome and filled up the hotels in Abbeville. I suspect Opelousas, Crowley New Iberia were in a similar situation. Obviously Lafayette.

At the time using CD concessions was not a prerequisite.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information