Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: New basketball court side food/bar

Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Softball and baseball numbers are good but the no shows have been increasing recently in those sports as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Softball and baseball numbers are good but the no shows have been increasing recently in those sports as well.
    I won’t speak to softball because I don’t know as much, but no shows are on the rise in baseball and the actual numbers are falling as well. They are still good, but I’m curious to see when it will plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I won’t speak to softball because I don’t know as much, but no shows are on the rise in baseball and the actual numbers are falling as well. They are still good, but I’m curious to see when it will plateau.
    I will say this. Softball is trying to set a record for season ticket sales. That will tell you about the demand.

After this year baseball going up on pricing. True in baseball not as many fans as we used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I will say this. Softball is trying to set a record for season ticket sales. That will tell you about the demand.
    I hope we get there. But "trying" doesn't necessarily reflect the demand.

6. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

. Players do deserve better. However I have come to realize that the folks in Acadiana don’t care much about Cajun athletics at this time. That goes for all sports. Basketball wise, I don’t think the staff has much impact on the support level. They are getting a lot out of the team these days. That work may not always result in success but it will not be due to lack of effort. Average folks in the area seem to believe if you are not in the SEC, no need to pay attention. Again the cost of attending is likely the biggest factor. Simplest things to do so as to cut costs is to buy tickets at the Dome to avoid fees and to eat/drink somewhere other than the Dome.
    Yeah, but it wasn’t always like this. Part of the reason we built a giant dome was to accommodate a large and passionate fan base.

7. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

. . . baseball already has a lot of fans that are paying but not attending . . . in my row in the grand stand, I am able to spread my 4 out to 7 seats because the next 12 in the row virtually never show up . . . the row below me has about half that show up regularly and the row above me is about the same as mine . . . they better be careful or many of those will quit paying also . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I hope we get there. But "trying" doesn't necessarily reflect the demand.
    No but actual sales does.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Why wouldn't everyone always be doing that

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . baseball already has a lot of fans that are paying but not attending . . . in my row in the grand stand, I am able to spread my 4 out to 7 seats because the next 12 in the row virtually never show up . . . the row below me has about half that show up regularly and the row above me is about the same as mine . . . they better be careful or many of those will quit paying also . . .
    Isn't it better to buy a season ticket, even if you know you can't make every game and "write off" the games you don't attend as a donation, then getting a different ticket for the games you can attend and the program can't use your funds for planning

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah, but it wasn’t always like this. Part of the reason we built a giant dome was to accommodate a large and passionate fan base.
    Yes there used to be more folks attending. Huge number of reasons things no longer that way. Still hustle of team is not a reason people are not showing up. These guys may not always be successful but if Monday night is any indication, it will not be because they don’t play hard.

UL Basketball Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Yes there used to be more folks attending. Huge number of reasons things no longer that way. Still hustle of team is not a reason people are not showing up. These guys may not always be successful but if Monday night is any indication, it will not be because they don’t play hard.
    Mike, i’m pretty sure every NCAA Basketball team plays hard. I have never seen one not play hard. The fan base has been gone for years. It’s not because of the players that the fans are not showing up!

Is it better to play hard or play well?

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Mike, i’m pretty sure every NCAA Basketball team plays hard. I have never seen one not play hard. The fan base has been gone for years. It’s not because of the players that the fans are not showing up!
    It seems the effort was even better than usual on Monday. Reason I say this is because the problems they had on offense did not affect their focus on defense. It is very easy to get discouraged when open shots don't fall. You should know that from your playing days. Still, I agree the players are not the reason people are not showing up. There are a multitude of reasons.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information