Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New basketball court side food/bar

Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Can contracts be found using FOIA? Made public?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Mhm
    The student crowd was late arriving . There were alot more students there after that picture was taken

Still no where near what it needs to be

3. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Can contracts be found using FOIA? Made public?
    Yes. We've done it before. Verret (LouisianaB) is a good person to ask.

To say that ALL renewed to different locations is just flat out false.
    I won't argue that point since my recollection of that part of the conversation I had with a knowledgeable person is somewhat vague. I am certain that the no. of people who had season tickets in the premium section is very low however. Of course, we need every ticket holder we can get so I won't minimize the disappointment of someone not renewing. At this point, I don't think the issue is the effort we see on the court. From the end of 22, through all of 22-23, and the beginning of this season, we have seen guys play hard every second they are out there. I see 100 percent hustle from every player on the court and support from the teammates on the floor from the guys on the bench. Therefore the support issue is due to other factors, cost likely being the greatest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I won't argue that point since my recollection of that part of the conversation I had with a knowledgeable person is somewhat vague. I am certain that the no. of people who had season tickets in the premium section is very low however. Of course, we need every ticket holder we can get so I won't minimize the disappointment of someone not renewing. At this point, I don't think the issue is the effort we see on the court. From the end of 22, through all of 22-23, and the beginning of this season, we have seen guys play hard every second they are out there. I see 100 percent hustle from every player on the court and support from the teammates on the floor from the guys on the bench. Therefore the support issue is due to other factors, cost likely being the greatest problem.
    There is definitely no lack of effort on the court. These guys get after it. I still enjoy going out to support their efforts. With the overpriced food and drinks, ticket issues if you don’t buy on site, and loud piped in music though, I can see why many watch that energy from the comfort of their couches.

It’s unfortunate because I do think the players deserve better. However, this isn’t a charity. It’s a business, and consumers decide what is worth their money. Sadly I’m not sure how many of the issues with our in game experience could be fixed without playing somewhere other than the CD (never gonna happen).

At least they are french
    It mentions shareholders, if foia to UL doesn't pan out maybe someone from RP could become a shareholder and get the annual.report?

Sodexo (formerly Sodexho Alliance) is a French food services and facilities management company headquartered in the Paris suburb of Issy-les-Moulineaux

8. Default Re: New basketball court side food/bar

Will the concession stand be open?
    Yes, concession stands will be open prior to the start of the ceremony. Outside food and beverages are prohibited

Lol

Beer at graduation, what could possibly go wrong

How would rate the alleged steep concession prices and any recent increases at cajundome to that of every single other place on the planet?

People have ALWAYS complained about the beer prices, but they always leave out that the beers are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    How would rate the alleged steep concession prices and any recent increases at cajundome to that of every single other place on the planet?

People have ALWAYS complained about the beer prices, but they always leave out that the beers are bigger.
    They also have ____ty beer selection compared to our other venues so it's a no from me

There is definitely no lack of effort on the court. These guys get after it. I still enjoy going out to support their efforts. With the overpriced food and drinks, ticket issues if you don’t buy on site, and loud piped in music though, I can see why many watch that energy from the comfort of their couches.

It’s unfortunate because I do think the players deserve better. However, this isn’t a charity. It’s a business, and consumers decide what is worth their money. Sadly I’m not sure how many of the issues with our in game experience could be fixed without playing somewhere other than the CD (never gonna happen).
    . Players do deserve better. However I have come to realize that the folks in Acadiana don’t care much about Cajun athletics at this time. That goes for all sports. Basketball wise, I don’t think the staff has much impact on the support level. They are getting a lot out of the team these days. That work may not always result in success but it will not be due to lack of effort. Average folks in the area seem to believe if you are not in the SEC, no need to pay attention. Again the cost of attending is likely the biggest factor. Simplest things to do so as to cut costs is to buy tickets at the Dome to avoid fees and to eat/drink somewhere other than the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    . Players do deserve better. However I have come to realize that the folks in Acadiana don’t care much about Cajun athletics at this time. That goes for all sports. Basketball wise, I don’t think the staff has much impact on the support level. They are getting a lot out of the team these days. That work may not always result in success but it will not be due to lack of effort. Average folks in the area seem to believe if you are not in the SEC, no need to pay attention. Again the cost of attending is likely the biggest factor. Simplest things to do so as to cut costs is to buy tickets at the Dome to avoid fees and to eat/drink somewhere other than the Dome.
    All sports? Softball, baseball and volleyball gets consistent support.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They also have ____ty beer selection compared to our other venues so it's a no from me
    Seems paying $100 dollars, even if overpriced, with the prospect of money going back into the program, and providing 2-3 hours of entertainment, far exceeds the benefit received from paying over 50 dollars at IHOP for just 30 minutes, and then tacking on a 10-15 dollar tip, getting us upwards of $70.
    Even if the profit split between sodexxo and school isn't as good as it could be, the perception is there that it helps cajuns (and more spent = more profits distributed without bearing on value), whereas we know zero will get there from ihop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information