Thread: Podcast: Coach Glasco on In The Circle

Tickets Podcast: Coach Glasco on In The Circle

http://fastpitchnews.com/podcasts/li...aughter/370110

Today’s episode is the first time ever that we’ve had a father/daughter duo on the podcast.

Our first guest is Louisiana Head Coach Gerry Glasco.

After breaking through with the Ragin Cajuns’ and advancing to Super Regionals in 2023, Louisiana is looking to go one step further in 2024.

Coach Glasco chats with Eric about beating LSU in Baton Rouge, coaching in the WPF, and his INCREDIBLE non-conference schedule this season. Then we chat with his daughter, Eastern Illinois Head Coach Tara Archibald who also had a breakthrough 2023 as the Panthers made their first NCAA Tournament. Coach Archibald reflects on that magical season and what led her squad to their successful run. Plus, she talks about getting into softball and the legendary coaches she played for & learned from.

Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Nice pick-up for the Cajuns today with the announced commitment of Shyanne Irvin - BIG TIME catcher for St. Thomas More... was one of the keys, as a sophomore, in the Cougars State Championship last year. Chose the Cajuns over LSU and Alabama, among others. Chalk one up for Glasco!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Nice pick-up for the Cajuns today with the announced commitment of Shyanne Irvin - BIG TIME catcher for St. Thomas More... was one of the keys, as a sophomore, in the Cougars State Championship last year. Chose the Cajuns over LSU and Alabama, among others. Chalk one up for Glasco!
    Nice!

Announcement

Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Decent player. Has some work to do both on her swing mechanics and receiving skills. If she can get those things worked out, she might be a contributor. I was told that she was extended a qualified offer so there are some things that need to be overcome first.

She was not offered by Alabama and she was not offered by LSU. So, she did not choose the Cajuns over those two schools.

7. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    She was not offered by Alabama and she was not offered by LSU. So, she did not choose the Cajuns over those two schools.
    . . . . Like Griffin Hebert, some here just don’t understand that concept . . . but what’s it really matter, what she HAS chosen is to be a Ragin Cajun . . . that is all that should matter . . . really glad you chose to stay home, Shyanne . . .

8. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . . Like Griffin Hebert, some here just don’t understand that concept . . . but what’s it really matter, what she HAS chosen is to be a Ragin Cajun . . . that is all that should matter . . . really glad you chose to stay home, Shyanne . . .
    So Rory clearing up a misconception is a bad thing?

9. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

She shut them down before they had a chance.

Awesome!

I know she had visits to those schools. Her upside, IMHO, is tremendous. I don't know... but maybe she wasn't offered by those other schools because of the other things she needs to work on (someone alluded to above).

Stay tuned. She WILL be a contributor. She's got the X factor.

11. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    So Rory clearing up a misconception is a bad thing?
    . . . absolutely not . . . quite the opposite . . . did you really read my post or did you just take a shot in the dark . . . we should care less who else may have offered her but only that for whatever reason she chose to commit to Louisiana . . . possibly the best choice she has made in her young life do date . . .

Decent player. Has some work to do both on her swing mechanics and receiving skills. If she can get those things worked out, she might be a contributor. I was told that she was extended a qualified offer so there are some things that need to be overcome first.
    I have seen her play a lot and she is better than decent. Your other information is on point.

I know she had visits to those schools. Her upside, IMHO, is tremendous. I don't know... but maybe she wasn't offered by those other schools because of the other things she needs to work on (someone alluded to above).

Stay tuned. She WILL be a contributor. She's got the X factor.
    Visits doesn't necessarily means offers.

14. Default Re: Coach Glasco on In The Circle Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I have seen her play a lot and she is better than decent. Your other information is on point.
    If you have seen her play "a lot", then you must be talking about high school ball. Decent players usually look really good against high school competition. In travel ball, she struggled against the higher caliber of pitching that one sees. Not knocking the young lady at all but simply stating facts. As I said in my previous post, her deficiencies can be improved with proper instruction. The reality of things is that there are very few individuals available in Lafayette (and the surrounding area) that have the knowledge and ability to teach hitting and catching in a manner that can elevate ones god given ability to a level that is needed to excel at the next level. Many parents can't afford or simply don't want to pay the cost associated with advanced level hitting or catching instruction since it usually involves traveling out of state. The really good instructors are normally booked up so you have to make your schedule fit theirs which is sometimes hard if you are playing other sports, etc.

If you have seen her play "a lot", then you must be talking about high school ball. Decent players usually look really good against high school competition. In travel ball, she struggled against the higher caliber of pitching that one sees. Not knocking the young lady at all but simply stating facts. As I said in my previous post, her deficiencies can be improved with proper instruction. The reality of things is that there are very few individuals available in Lafayette (and the surrounding area) that have the knowledge and ability to teach hitting and catching in a manner that can elevate ones god given ability to a level that is needed to excel at the next level. Many parents can't afford or simply don't want to pay the cost associated with advanced level hitting or catching instruction since it usually involves traveling out of state. The really good instructors are normally booked up so you have to make your schedule fit theirs which is sometimes hard if you are playing other sports, etc.
    I have seen her play mostly high school ball and a few travel tournaments. She was an all state player and hit a game winning homerun in the state championship game as a sophomore while sitting out as a freshman. She visited Alabama, LSU, UL, Tennessee, Southern Miss, and Nichols for sure. She mostly plays catcher but projects also as a corner infielder. The Cajuns have lost 3 local catchers to Bama in the past. Prejean, Hemphill, and Marceaux. We have to keep elite talent in the area. Sure she has some things to work on, but she project as a big time player. We will see in due time if she continues to work to get better. I am trusting Coach and his staff on this.

Thread Information