Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Set to Open Season Against Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Love the energy of the team. Don’t matter who is on the floor they are balls to the wall. This team plays with pizz and vinegar. Once those shots start falling, look out. We missed about 10 shots within 3 feet and lots of 3s rimmed out. That won’t happen every night. Personally I think Ratliff needs to play more. He made some really nice passes. I’m excited about this season. Geaux Cajuns.
    When you consider how poorly we shot the ball, this was a very impressive win. In our podcast last week we discussed all the things you need to do to have success when you are cold. Those include don’t let offensive problems affect your defense, limit turnovers, make your free throws and hold your own on the boards. In some ways this is more satisfying than making double figure threes in a game. The team did have good energy and the people that were there picked up on that and gave energy back to them. If you were watching on TV you probably could not tell how hard the team played. Of course they will have to shoot better in road games.

UL Basketball Re: MBB: Louisiana Set to Open Season Against Youngstown State

I agree about the team energy. No slackers on this team. They’re all out there hustling and scrambling for every loose ball. The shooting will come around. Great student turnout and support by the true UL basketball fans.

YSU was a very athletic team. They just didn’t seem to jell with all the transfer players. 7, I counted on their roster.

Well, got this from the YSU message board … warm gym, never seen that excuse before.

Played hard but we lost in a warm gym ... don't think we had a shot in the south with an opener on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I agree about the team energy. No slackers on this team. They’re all out there hustling and scrambling for every loose ball. The shooting will come around. Great student turnout and support by the true UL basketball fans.

YSU was a very athletic team. They just didn’t seem to jell with all the transfer players. 7, I counted on their roster.
    Was TP at the game?

Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

One thing I noticed , our out of Bounds Under the goal plays need some adjusting. We must have thrown the ball to have court IE, the Lee era in bound plays , at least 7 times. We gotta work on that… I would Like to see us score more out of those situations. 1-0 is 1-0. On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I never said you posting a score was negative. I didn’t point out any particular post. RP is just mostly negative.
    And that is being optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    One thing I noticed , our out of Bounds Under the goal plays need some adjusting. We must have thrown the ball to have court IE, the Lee era in bound plays , at least 7 times. We gotta work on that… I would Like to see us score more out of those situations. 1-0 is 1-0. On to the next one.
    Agree Brad on inbounds play. Could be a little crisper. Fortunately we did not turn it over on inbounds plays.

UL Basketball Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

In bounds under the goal, for me is to try to score out of it. Especially out of timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    In bounds under the goal, for me is to try to score out of it. Especially out of timeouts , we got nothing all night.
    What would you do differently? Their length was definitely an issue all night especially under the basket.

Game was won last night at the foul line. I think Butler missed 2 early when nothing was falling and then after that as a team they were 21 of 22. Also out assist to turnover ratio was even at 11-11. Youngstown was 4-17.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Love the energy of the team. Don’t matter who is on the floor they are balls to the wall. This team plays with pizz and vinegar. Once those shots start falling, look out. We missed about 10 shots within 3 feet and lots of 3s rimmed out. That won’t happen every night. Personally I think Ratliff needs to play more. He made some really nice passes. I’m excited about this season. Geaux Cajuns.
    I would like to see Ratliff in for Kitenge more as well. I don't know what our fascination with isolating Kitenge on the block, as he doesn't appear to be a very good low block player. Only thing I could think of was to continue to get their bigs in foul trouble.

I thought the offense and the floor opened up with Ratliff in the game. I liked that while we were the smaller team, we played big and challenged them on the boards especially the offensive boards where we tied them with 13. This was a big reason we were so effective last year in that Lewis just killed teams on the offensive boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Game was won last night at the foul line. I think Butler missed 2 early when nothing was falling and then after that as a team they were 21 of 22. Also out assist to turnover ratio was even at 11-11. Youngstown was 4-17.
    That's not a good assist to turnover ratio

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    2000 fans don't pay the bill.
    Who cares? We won a game that looked dire at best after the first 8-10 minutes. Quit worrying about the attendance for a game you probably weren't at.

Execute , screen the screener… The Big 7Fters for them didn’t affect our in bounds plays, nobody set any good screens to get open to execute the plays. You go to STM games all the time, they always scoring off of out of bounds. Call Danny and get a couple plays from him… I can install a few that work as well…

BBOYD PLAY BOOK
    OUT OF BOUNDS
    1-4 ACROSS
    BOX / ON OFF
    EASY 1
    ELEVATOR
    JAKE
    L
    TRIANGLE / REVERSE
    WIDE
    22 SERIES
    OPPO