Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Interesting that our conference peers have seen record breaking attendance since Covid. I don't think this has anything to do with our attendance woes. I think we're seeing the TRUE fanbase. People not willing to go to the stadium/arena due to comfort/convenience are not fans, IMO.
    Our conference mates attendance wasn’t affected by our state leader and his lock step compliance with Washington DC.

UL Basketball Re: MBB: Louisiana Set to Open Season Against Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think the non D1 number will go down to one next season. Rice and La Tech will come here. MAC challenge will continue. Youngstown State won their league last yeat and EKU won 23 games last season. Decent opponents in my view
    I agree, Mike. These are the kind of teams we should always play at home.

3. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Exactly right. Please stop using the China Covid excuses once and for all.
    . . . ok, China Covid never happened . . . got it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I mistook them for Texas tech. My memory ain’t what it used to be. But the FACTS are basketball never drew well before conference play it didn’t matter how good y’all were or who y’all were playing.
    UMASS

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    UMASS
    Lol

6. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

. . . attendance is more like “no mas” . . .

Lol
    You must not remember, when Calapari was coaching at UMASS and they came to the Dome. I mean we only had 10,651 in actual attendance that night.

Not the 2078 sold attendance for Youngstown St.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You must not remember, when Calapari was coaching at UMASS and they came to the Dome. I mean we only had 10,651 in actual attendance that night.

Not the 2078 sold attendance for Youngstown St.
    Of course I remember. I was on the umass bench. They were #4 in the nation and it was a morning game
    on ESPN. Digger Phelps was doing color. This was 1994 when being on ESPN was a big deal. That game is an absolute anomaly and should in no way be compared to modern times. I’m pretty sure we could play the #4 team and it can be prime time on this Saturday and people would be like oh cool I get to watch ull on ESPN. 30 years ago it was a must that you went to the game. It was special. It ain’t special anymore.

9. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

. . . times, they are a changing . . .

Of course I remember. I was on the umass bench. They were #4 in the nation and it was a morning game
    on ESPN. Digger Phelps was doing color. This was 1994 when being on ESPN was a big deal. That game is an absolute anomaly and should in no way be compared to modern times. I’m pretty sure we could play the #4 team and it can be prime time on this Saturday and people would be like oh cool I get to watch ull on ESPN. 30 years ago it was a must that you went to the game. It was special. It ain’t special anymore.
    We make excuses for anything nowadays.

The reality is we aren’t getting what we pay for, value wise. If we were, the crowds would be there, the excitement would be there and the experience would be great.

Figuring out how to fix that has been the administrations problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Guarantee it was more then 3000… And to say we won the conf the year before and had everyone come back and TEXAS TECH came played in the Dome kinda nixes the point of some of y’all saying teams scared to play in the dome when the team is good or not knowing if one player was gonna return is total BS… And u still can’t shoot as good as me…
    A little STM chatter.

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Set to Open Season Against Youngstown State

Attendance is down across all sports at Louisiana. Minus softball and even then the actual butts in seats are not what they report. I don’t have an answer. Football is king in the south so even though our fans don’t attend our football games they still care more about actual college football than basketball. It’s just the way it is and it always has been. Also I think I was misremembering the team we played. It may have been Texas tech. Still crap attendance in December. It’s what it is and always has been.
    I know it is free but attendance is definitely up at VB games. SB reports like everyone else, sold tickets.

We won the sun belt in 00 and had the majority of the people come back the next year. We opened against Ohio state in the dome. I believe Michael redd was on that team. We didn’t have more than 3K. The point is that nobody gives a crap about basketball until football is over with.
    We did play Ohio State in the Dome in Jessie Evans first season. I think that was December of 1997. We actually won that game. We were improved from Marty Fletcher's last team and Buckeyes were down. Later on we hosted Florida State. Lost a close one to the Seminoles. We had a high finish in conference play and lost in the conference tournament finals to South Alabama. Different world now. Last "name " team to come to the Dome was Tennessee. I think that was December of 2008. Could have been 2009. I agree with VObserver that we should play more teams like Youngstown State and Eastern Kentucky. That does cost as you have to pay them to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We did play Ohio State in the Dome in Jessie Evans first season. I think that was December of 1997. We actually won that game. We were improved from Marty Fletcher's last team and Buckeyes were down. Later on we hosted Florida State. Lost a close one to the Seminoles. We had a high finish in conference play and lost in the conference tournament finals to South Alabama. Different world now. Last "name " team to come to the Dome was Tennessee. I think that was December of 2008. Could have been 2009. I agree with VObserver that we should play more teams like Youngstown State and Eastern Kentucky. That does cost as you have to pay them to come here.
    Tennessee was 2006. We also hosted Houston in 2013 before their program ballooned into what it is today.

15. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 72, Youngstown State 62

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information