Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Roux: Sam Altman, STM QB

1. Default Re: Sam Altman, STM QB

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I wonder if he regrets that decision. He went from a championship high school program to a bottom of the barrel LA Tech program!
    NO

Default Re: Sam Altman, STM QB

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Mark Risher was Coach Bustle's first signee.
    Risher, Lance Kelley and Babb all signed scholarships. Huval was a preferred walk-on and was put on scholarship later.

3. Default Re: Sam Altman, STM QB

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Mark Risher was Coach Bustle's first signee.
    First commitment or first on the fax machine?

Default Re: Roux: Sam Altman, STM QB

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    Is UL recruiting him?
    Who's recruiting him?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Who's recruiting him?
    No clue? The Cox announcer on Friday night said ULM is.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    No clue? The Cox announcer on Friday night said ULM is.
    I also heard them say he had 0 offers. Which I assume would mean that for some reason the SLC schools in the state aren’t interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I wonder if he regrets that decision. He went from a championship high school program to a bottom of the barrel LA Tech program!
    I can assure you that he has absolutely no regrets with the decision to go to LA Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I also heard them say he had 0 offers. Which I assume would mean that for some reason the SLC schools in the state aren’t interested.
    This is always a red flag from me when I hear such stories. Usually if an athlete has attended summer camps, including FCS he will have some interest. I have not seen him play in person, but everything online has him listed as or referred to as a Pro-Style QB. If that is the case, he will have limited interest in today's college game.

He may consider playing JC if that option is available or play in DII if an FCS team doesn't jump on him later in February.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If every Cajun team had Acadiana only players they would lose every single game.
    Wrong.

If we got all D1 players available, we would have SEC level skill players and SBC level lineman. That equals wins for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is always a red flag from me when I hear such stories. Usually if an athlete has attended summer camps, including FCS he will have some interest. I have not seen him play in person, but everything online has him listed as or referred to as a Pro-Style QB. If that is the case, he will have limited interest in today's college game.

He may consider playing JC if that option is available or play in DII if an FCS team doesn't jump on him later in February.
    For a "pro style" qb he does not have the elite arm strength that D1 coaches look for. Due to that he may have to go the walk on or lower level route and prove recruiters wrong.

Arm strength is the reason his predecessor at STM had P5 offers all over the country before ever starting a varsity game.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    For a "pro style" qb he does not have the elite arm strength that D1 coaches look for. Due to that he may have to go the walk on or lower level route and prove recruiters wrong.

Arm strength is the reason his predecessor at STM had P5 offers all over the country before ever starting a varsity game.
    I’m curious to see what the Bergeron kid coming up there at STM does. From the little bit I’ve seen he appears to have the arm talent.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

As I said, have not seen him play in person. I've seen only the highlights on Friday nights. But if his arm strength is the questions, then it makes sense.

I will take our CHS-BR QB commit who has started varsity since his freshman year. Kid is the real deal. Wish Altman all the luck but we got our future QB already committed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Wrong.

If we got all D1 players available, we would have SEC level skill players and SBC level lineman. That equals wins for us.
    Sec level Acadiana players would never play for UL, so I am correct. The Cajuns will never get all available players.

Altman is a system QB. Not sure why we are even discussing him as UL isn't on him.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information