Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

1. UL Football SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

Game of Interest

Thursday Night

USA at Troy 6:30 PM

Default Re: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

Should be a good one. Should we pull for USA and get Troy to 2 losses? or should we pull for Troy and get USA to 3 losses and virtually eliminate USA being that Troy is coming up on our schedule and we have to beat Troy to get them to 2 losses and win the tie.

It doesn’t really matter, we have to win out to make the SBC Championship. We let ODU and GaSt, two games we should have easily won, slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It doesn’t really matter, we have to win out to make the SBC Championship. We let ODU and GaSt, two games we should have easily won, slip away.
    Easily won might be an overreaction. GAST is solid and ODU is proving to be a worthy adversary. Granted, we played like dog____ vs. the Monarchs but that’s life. Also, Ben10 was QB1…the identity of this team has completely changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Easily won might be an overreaction. GAST is solid and ODU is proving to be a worthy adversary. Granted, we played like dog____ vs. the Monarchs but that’s life. Also, Ben10 was QB1…the identity of this team has completely changed since then.
    I knew odu wasn’t a terrible team like people on here were saying. It sucked to lose to them but I didn’t think the sky was falling. To think how many rush yards Ben had that game makes me believe if we played them now Zeon would carve them up. I was more disappointed with how we started against ga state. Had we played even 3 complete quarters we are already tied for first. But that’s all in the past. We control our own destiny now.

6. Default Re: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

Ben was no where near being the problem in that game, and he ran for half a hundred so that factor was in play from the GetGeaux.

The team does have an identity now, except play calling was suspect then, and that remains a concern

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Should be a good one. Should we pull for USA and get Troy to 2 losses? or should we pull for Troy and get USA to 3 losses and virtually eliminate USA being that Troy is coming up on our schedule and we have to beat Troy to get them to 2 losses and win the tie.
    South Alabama winning gives Troy 2 losses in conference and makes the race even tighter. They also have Texas State on road to close out the season, so that game will basically eliminate one of the two teams from contention. But yes, we need to take care of business in the next 4 weeks.

8. Default Re: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

. . . we control our own destiny . . . we have been progressively better week in and week out . . . lets go take care of business . . .

9. Default Re: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Doesn’t matter. If we don’t beat Troy they’re west champs. We also need to win every game going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ben was no where near being the problem in that game, and he ran for half a hundred so that factor was in play from the GetGeaux.

The team does have an identity now, except play calling was suspect then, and that remains a concern
    I agree…Ben played well. Just saying this is not the same team that played at ODU.

11. Default Re: SBC Goi 11/2.11/4

I agree…Ben played well. Just saying this is not the same team that played at ODU.
    . . . wait, wait, it is the same team that didn't sleep in the dorms for camp, right . . .

Troy. 3 losses kills pretty much any team’s chances, put South Alabama to sleep.

I’m pulling for South here.

I’m pulling for South here.
    I agree. You pull for the teams you already beat. Hope they do your dirty work for you by eliminating your competition for the Division.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I agree. You pull for the teams you already beat. Hope they do your dirty work for you by eliminating your competition for the Division.
    Bingo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information