Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

Default Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

If you were at the game Saturday in Mobile you may have noticed the cheerleaders looked different than usual. They are typically male / female partners and they cheer throughout the game. I sit right in front of them. At USA the squad on the field was all female and didn’t cheer at all. They just shook their Pom poms, when the Cajuns did something good. I even commented to my buddy on our guys trip because it just didn’t look like the normal squad.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend, who has a Ragin jazz daughter and found out that wasn’t cheerleaders on the field, but it was Ragin Jazz members. No cheerleaders were there on Saturday. The reason being is because the coaches who lead the cheer squad thought that Saturday, a day that you have a road game that would be a very easy drivable round trip, would be a good day to have a fund raiser. Yep of all the Saturdays in the year a fall football Saturday is the one they chose. Curious RP land thoughts? Should cheer have representation at every game? Or was that Ok on a Saturday road game.

Thanks Jazz for standing up in their absence.

Default Re: Those weren’t cheerleaders (Thanks Ragin Jazz)

Meh, who cares?

3. Default Re: Those weren’t cheerleaders (Thanks Ragin Jazz)

Joie de jeu absente

Fire the cheer coach, fire Des, fire Maggard, and fire Savoie. Not having the cheerleaders there shows a complete lack of institution control!!!!! I’m pulling all of my donations over this controversy

I did find it odd. We were there and I noticed all the USA cheerleaders and I kept looking for ours.

Thank you Ragin Jazz for stepping up!

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Should cheer have representation at every game? Or was that Ok on a Saturday road game.
    Cheer coaches couldn't give two craps about Cajun athletics. They're worried about their annual cheer competition in Orlando or whatever

If you were at the game Saturday in Mobile you may have noticed the cheerleaders looked different than usual. They are typically male / female partners and they cheer throughout the game. I sit right in front of them. At USA the squad on the field was all female and didn’t cheer at all. They just shook their Pom poms, when the Cajuns did something good. I even commented to my buddy on our guys trip because it just didn’t look like the normal squad.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend, who has a Ragin jazz daughter and found out that wasn’t cheerleaders on the field, but it was Ragin Jazz members. No cheerleaders were there on Saturday. The reason being is because the coaches who lead the cheer squad thought that Saturday, a day that you have a road game that would be a very easy drivable round trip, would be a good day to have a fund raiser. Yep of all the Saturdays in the year a fall football Saturday is the one they chose. Curious RP land thoughts? Should cheer have representation at every game? Or was that Ok on a Saturday road game.

Wait a minute, almost everybody on RP said this was a big game. If it was a big game shouldn't the cheerleaders be at the big game?

Well apparently cheerleaders do absolutely nothing to help the team win. That’s all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well apparently cheerleaders do absolutely nothing to help the team win. That’s all I care about.
    Then cut them and take their scholarship and coaches salaries and give them to Zeon

Was originally scheduled for October 14 which was the bye week. Had to be rescheduled to the 28th.

11. Default Re: Those weren’t cheerleaders (Thanks Ragin Jazz)

. . . everyone wants adjustments . . . no one seems to ever like the adjustments . . . it was a big game . . .

/The Bird

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Was originally scheduled for October 14 which was the bye week. Had to be rescheduled to the 28th.
    “Had to be rescheduled on the 28th?” Why? It was a fundraiser what about all the weekends during the year that football doesn’t take place? IMO football is the original reason cheerleaders exists. I know some think that has changed. I’m sticking with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Cheer coaches couldn't give two craps about Cajun athletics. They're worried about their annual cheer competition in Orlando or whatever
    Bingo!

But the RJ has the same goal, and they showed up.

Though an exhibition both cheer and jazz showed at the basketball game. However, most cheering, such as “defense” came from the team itself.

The days are gone where it’s all about the team.

14. Default Re: Those weren’t cheerleaders (Thanks Ragin Jazz)

. . . three days in Orlando . . .

“Had to be rescheduled on the 28th?” Why? It was a fundraiser what about all the weekends during the year that football doesn’t take place? IMO football is the original reason cheerleaders exists. I know some think that has changed. I’m sticking with my opinion.
    Don't remember the reason why. You do realize they also cheer for basketball and compete in competitions. Plus they're working with Cajun Harley Davidson who has tons of events throughout the year. Maybe it was the closest available date. Hate to break it to you, but the entire university doesn't revolve around football. I'm sure the cheer squad & coaches would really appreciate you writing a large check so they don't need to have fundraisers.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information