Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

1. Default Re: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    My daughter is not really sure how it is decided on who goes and if there is a set schedule. She is only in her second year and has not made a road trip yet. But she does know that sometimes it is one squad or the other who attends. The dancers bussed there and back same day for the South Al game.
    Thanks.

Now I'm in suspense for who is going to Arkansas

Default Re: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    It was a joint fundraiser for the spirit squads, cheer and dance. I will check with my daughter when she gets back from Ragin Jazz practice, but my understanding is that the squads alternate who travels to away games. This game was scheduled for Ragin Jazz to travel, and it’s only a partial squad that travels because of budget constraints.
    I know for a fact that cheer is always on road trips. I have been to in the neighborhood of 100 road games in my life and the cheer squad has always been present. I have never seen jazz except for bowl games and Mobile Saturday. I do know every week there is a cheer travel roster for road games, it is an abbreviated version, and it is not the same as for home games. They have been to every road game this year. (Except last week) So Al was my first road game this year maybe Jazz started traveling this year along with cheer? To my knowledge So Al was the Jazz first trip of the year. I have a meeting this AM with a Sr jazz members daddy I will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks.

Now I'm in suspense for who is going to Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Cheer will definitely be there this weekend.
    See post 16.

Did our band go to the game? I could have sworn I heard them there?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Did our band go to the game? I could have sworn I heard them there?
    No

The Pride of Acadiana used to travel to, at least, 1 away football game. It would be nice to have their support again.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    The Pride of Acadiana used to travel to, at least, 1 away football game. It would be nice to have their support again.
    Money is tight.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    A little 30 pc pep band is all you need on the road. They should be at every drivable game.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I know for a fact that cheer is always on road trips.
    Sorry, but this is not true. There are several games a year that the Ragin' Jazz travel on flights with the team. You may not notice the difference because they look like cheerleaders on the sidelines.

Honestly, except for some of the dance routines, it is hard to tell the two squads apart.

10. Default Re: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    If you were at the game Saturday in Mobile you may have noticed the cheerleaders looked different than usual. They are typically male / female partners and they cheer throughout the game. I sit right in front of them. At USA the squad on the field was all female and didn’t cheer at all. They just shook their Pom poms, when the Cajuns did something good. I even commented to my buddy on our guys trip because it just didn’t look like the normal squad.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend, who has a Ragin jazz daughter and found out that wasn’t cheerleaders on the field, but it was Ragin Jazz members. No cheerleaders were there on Saturday. The reason being is because the coaches who lead the cheer squad thought that Saturday, a day that you have a road game that would be a very easy drivable round trip, would be a good day to have a fund raiser. Yep of all the Saturdays in the year a fall football Saturday is the one they chose. Curious RP land thoughts? Should cheer have representation at every game? Or was that Ok on a Saturday road game.

Thanks Jazz for standing up in their absence.
    The cheer leaders should cheer the team. We have several Saturdays that nothing goes on with football. Now those should be the fund raising dates

Man, five pages of this ____ is pretty wild.

12. Default Re: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

. . . really, what does this really matter as long as we have some type of spirit leaders following the team around the world . . . all of these ladies and men are good at what they do and should be appreciated as opposed to depreciated . . . we take every opportunity here tp do some type of damage to all of our students who wear Louisiana across their chest and represent the university in any fashion . . . the world is mean enough without that coming from our own fans . . . think sometimes before you post . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Sorry, but this is not true. There are several games a year that the Ragin' Jazz travel on flights with the team. You may not notice the difference because they look like cheerleaders on the sidelines.

Honestly, except for some of the dance routines, it is hard to tell the two squads apart.
    I was told by a 4 year parent of Ragin Jazz in our meeting this morning that they were only invited to Minnesota and So Al this year. Never more than one or 2 over the last 3 years. He was one of 2 dads on the bus to the USA game, and said to top it all off the bus that drove them to So Al, that belongs to the universities parking and transit system, they had to pay for out of the RJ budget.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . really, what does this really matter as long as we have some type of spirit leaders following the team around the world . . . all of these ladies and men are good at what they do and should be appreciated as opposed to depreciated . . . we take every opportunity here tp do some type of damage to all of our students who wear Louisiana across their chest and represent the university in any fashion . . . the world is mean enough without that coming from our own fans . . . think sometimes before you post . . .
    Only thing I would say is the cheerleaders cheer. The dance team just stood on the sidelines. Didn't perform at half their was know cheering or dancing involved. I couldn't tell what their purpose was for being there personally. Maybe if you bring Ragin Jazz then bring a band like some one suggested so they have songs they know a routine to. IMO

15. Default Re: Ragin Jazz Show Up, Cheerleaders Missing

. . . or we could just complain . . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information