Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball game Monday vs. UT Tyler

UL Basketball Basketball game Monday vs. UT Tyler

Just a reminder the basketball team plays an exhibition game tonight at 7pm. This will be the only exhibition before opening up the season against Youngstown st.

Default Re: Basketball game tonight vs. UT Tyler

Looking forward to it.

Just looked at our roster. We have 4 forwards listed 6’8”- 6’8”-6’7”- 6’6” the rest of the roster is listed as guards. We are really small. We will struggle to rebound. I hope we plan on running a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Just looked at our roster. We have 4 forwards listed 6’8”- 6’8”-6’7”- 6’6” the rest of the roster is listed as guards. We are really small. We will struggle to rebound. I hope we plan on running a lot.
    We’ve got a 6’8” British guy on the team. We’ll be just fine on the boards. Hosana is gonna hop up, say “pardon”, and haul down 20+ a game.

To those with season tickets, have the digital tix been loaded to your accounts yet? Mine have not as of this morning

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    To those with season tickets, have the digital tix been loaded to your accounts yet? Mine have not as of this morning
    Yeah, mine are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, mine are there.
    As are mine. They’ve been there a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Moved mine to my wallet app Friday. I’d give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Moved mine to my wallet app Friday. I’d give them a call.
    Yep. Looks like I need to do that

Edit: I reset my ticketmaster account password again and it fixed the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Brice Washington was 6'6"

I don’t think rebounding will be an issue. I think we will have problems stopping the inside game. Even though they are small they all crash the boards.

12. Default Re: Basketball game tonight vs. UT Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I don’t think rebounding will be an issue. I think we will have problems stopping the inside game. Even though they are small they all crash the boards.
    I unfortunately will not be able to attend tonight's game as I have a prior commitment with my daughter tonight. I noticed that some of these exhibitions started already. I was actually watching Loyola (Maryland) play a school by the name of McDaniel. With 7 plus left in the 2nd half it was 39-33, Loyola went on to win, 58-40. The game was actually on ESPN+, I see we are not televising tonight's game. That is unfortunate, I wish I could watch.

Some keys to look for early this season:

Themus Fulks taking over the role of leader on the court. Last year everything ran through Jordan Brown, not this year, we will be a more diversified team and that means our PG has to be able to distribute. I look for Themus to be a team leader.

Emergence of a couple of young players, specifically Joe Charles and Kyran Ratliff. These guys are expected to make big time contributions this year, especially without the inside presence of JB. JC made big strides last year and Ratliff is expected to be a big contributor this year.

Expectations from new faces. Those new faces will be London Fields, Blake Butler and Brandon Hardy, the word on the street is that Fields and Butler could be huge this year.

Inside defense, Hosana is not JB and no one thinks he is, but his job is to stop the big guys we face and open the floor for more athletic guys in the backcourt and even guys like Charles, Julien and Ratliff in the front court.

Health, we know we are starting the season with a couple of injuries, but the big question is can we see a full healthy season from Kobe Julien. I have said this many times, Kobe, when healthy is as good as anyone on this team. If he can stay healthy he has a chacne to be an all SBC guy.

Youth, we are loaded with names that have not played for us before and chemistry iss going to be the key. Coach has said this team is one of the most cohesive groups he has ever been around, but the following players have played zero or almost zero minutes with the Cajuns at this point in their careers; London Fields, Blake Butler, Isaiah Crawford, Giovanni Nannucci, Brandon Hardy, Christian Landry, Kyran Ratliff, Vinny Sigona, and Hosana Kitenge. That is 9 of the 15 rostered players.

Looks to be a cold one tonight. Gonna bundle up and try to get out there.

14. Default Re: Basketball game tonight vs. UT Tyler

Only available season ticket sections are 104-106 and 126-128, but I look on ticketmaster for single game tickets and there are plenty of seats in sections 107-112/ 120-125.

Anyone else had this issue for buying season tickets? I have been checking up on this expecting change since the release, but its still only crappy seats. Id rather just use my old student ID/ a friends ID who is still at UL than pay for worse seats than I would get in the student section.

Quote Originally Posted by des for pres View Post
    Only available season ticket sections are 104-106 and 126-128, but I look on ticketmaster for single game tickets and there are plenty of seats in sections 107-112/ 120-125.

Anyone else had this issue for buying season tickets? I have been checking up on this expecting change since the release, but its still only crappy seats. Id rather just use my old student ID/ a friends ID who is still at UL than pay for worse seats than I would get in the student section.
    Yes, you have to call the Cajundome for season tickets. I just did it to add two tickets to my account.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information