Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

UL Football At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

Yesterday morning I was very nervous about the SA game. At 1:30 I watched our young men get off the bus. Not one smile not any hellos, just game face and very business like approach. The people I was with that go to every road game said it just looked and felt different

Shortly after at around 2 I saw the South Al version of the Cajun Walk. They came in on a couple of Mardi Gras floats throwing beads, little footballs and other trinkets. They were smiling laughing waving to the fans having a good ole time as if it was Fat Tuesday. Did not look focused on the game at all.

I told my wife, sister in law, and brother right as they passed us. I love it. We just won this game mark my words.

All of that and the play by play guy on the radial actually wore school colors yesterday. Lol.

2. Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

. . . they went to play . . . they played with a mission . . . mission accomplished . . . on to the next mission . . . I feel winning out in my heart . . .

Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

I knew we had won the game when I saw the white script helmets back out

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I knew we had won the game when I saw the white script helmets back out
    I like the helmet but was thinking the opposite. My comments were why would we wear a helmet that we are 0-1 in for this game. I am a little to superstition for that if I were making the call.

Watching the replay in the first 2 seconds of the pre game clip, showing the pre game festivities, they show a clip of PKA at their house pre gaming. Dean Lindsey should see that clip. Everyone should screen shot it and email it to her and margarita.

The next clip shows little girls trying to catch things coming from a float as if they were at a parade. Thank you Coach Womack for that debacle of a stadium arrival, way to single handily get your teams focus off of the game.

What a bone head move by a coach to allow that in a game where mental preparation is 90 percent of the battle. Little things matter. Detail matters. You not focusing on those if it is like Mardi Gras day.

Is this an every weekend thing?

7. Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

. . . maybe the coach knew they had slept in dorm for camp and that should have taken care of it . . .

8. Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    What a bone head move by a coach to allow that in a game where mental preparation is 90 percent of the battle. Little things matter. Detail matters. You not focusing on those if it is like Mardi Gras day.

Is this an every weekend thing?
    Makes me wonder if homecoming might have had a negative impact on the Cajuns for the start of the GSU game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Makes me wonder if homecoming might have had a negative impact on the Cajuns for the start of the GSU game.
    Pretty sure the team sticks to its regular routine on homecoming week and don’t participate in any activity here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . maybe the coach knew they had slept in dorm for camp and that should have taken care of it . . .
    Ha. It doesn’t matter where you sleep for camp if you are not focused 2 hrs before a game.

11. Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Ha. It doesn’t matter where you sleep for camp if you are not focused 2 hrs before a game.
    . . . it’s definitely been posted here that if you sleep in a dorm at camp, you will be focused in the game . . .

12. Default Re: At 2:00 yesterday I knew we would win.

Pretty sure the team sticks to its regular routine on homecoming week and don’t participate in any activity here.
    You don’t have to participate for it to be a mental distraction. CMD absolutely worked to avoid that. Never the less the team came out playing a step slow, and didn’t change until very late in the half

Their video of the team (or some of them.) at Yell Like Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Their video of the team (or some of them.) at Yell Like Hell.
    Great that’s much better than the bars that many are routinely seen in. Yell like hell at 6:30 on a Thursday is not as big of a distractions as things that distract them every week of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You don’t have to participate for it to be a mental distraction. CMD absolutely worked to avoid that. Never the less the team came out playing a step slow, and didn’t change until very late in the half
    What about all the other weeks they came out slow over the last couple of years? It is strictly coincidence that Ga St happened to be home coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information