Thread: Maui Day 1: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana

1. UL Golf Maui Day 1: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana

Malan Potgieter recorded his fifth round in the 60's during the 2023-24 season as he fired a 4-under-par 67 and led the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns on the opening day of the Ka'anapali Classic Collegiate Invitational on Thursday at the Ka'anapail Golf Club.

Default Re: Golf: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana On First Day In Maui

Maui…they’re playing on the west side of the island. Probably will see the fire damage. Sad to see, yet first hand chance to see history.

Default Re: Maui Day 1: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana

We don't have a travel budget for hoops to be in AAC but golf has this budget? Or is everything on discount because of said fires

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    We don't have a travel budget for hoops to be in AAC but golf has this budget? Or is everything on discount because of said fires
    I’d guess a donor(s) covered a lot of this. Hawaii, like most remote islands, are never discounted.

5. Default Re: Maui Day 1: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana

. . . Anybody have the site that has the scores live to follow latter today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . Anybody have the site that has the scores live to follow latter today . . .
    Haven’t started yet. 5 hours behind.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/.team&tid=28514

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maui…they’re playing on the west side of the island. Probably will see the fire damage. Sad to see, yet first hand chance to see history.
    My wife and I did our honeymoon in Hawaii on the “newlywed nearly dead cruise”. On our visit to Maui, we went to Lahaina and walked around for a bit and saw the Banyan Tree before taking a catamaran to the island of Lanai. It was so shocking and sad to see those fires and devastating loss.

8. Default Re: Golf: Potgieter's 67 Leads Louisiana On First Day In Maui

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    My wife and I did our honeymoon in Hawaii on the “newlywed nearly dead cruise”. On our visit to Maui, we went to Lahaina and walked around for a bit and saw the Banyan Tree before taking a catamaran to the island of Lanai. It was so shocking and sad to see those fires and devastating loss.
    Congrats on the marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Congrats on the marriage
    Thank you - still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’d guess a donor(s) covered a lot of this. Hawaii, like most remote islands, are never discounted.
    So donors can't do the same in all the other conf move scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    We went in ‘16 and island hopped for 10 days. Every island is so different. Had an uncle come home from Europe in WW2, the hard way, brought his flag with us. Even thou a different war theater, my son worked it out where it was raised at the Missouri and Arizona. Son and I handled the flag raising at the AZ, one of the most solemn events of my life. Was a week or so before Pearl Harbor anniversary. To see men who obviously had connections to the attack stand at attention and salute while crying during the raising until down and folded…I’ll never forget. Absolute silence the whole time. What a blessing.

Did you see the red sand beach on Maui and the green on Hawaii?

Dropped one spot, Kansas got hot and jumped ahead of UL.

Thread Information