Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Season’s on deck

Default Basketball Season’s on deck

I know that we’re in the home stretch in football. Just wondering from ‘people in the know’ what can we expect this season. Starting lineup, players to watch, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Basketball Season’s on deck

Catch a preview at the Union courtyard tonight at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    I know that we’re in the home stretch in football. Just wondering from ‘people in the know’ what can we expect this season. Starting lineup, players to watch, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Look for a podcast next week with these questions answered

EDITED !!!

MY STARTING FIVE ( IMO )

PG - Themus Fulks
    2G - Fields / Butler
    SF - Kobe Julien
    PF - Joe Charles
    C - Hosana Kitenge

SUBS:
    Kyran Ratliff
    Deuce Thomas
    Kentrell Garnett
    Vinny Sigona
    Gio Nannucci

Chancellor White ( Out )

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    MY STARTING FIVE ( IMO )

PG - Themus Fulks
    2G - Fields / Butler
    SF - Kobe Julien
    PF - Joe Charles
    C - Hosana Kitenge

SUBS:
    Kyran Ratliff
    Kentrell Garnett
    Chancellor White
    Chancellor White won’t be available till sometime in January if at all this year.

I won’t get too deep into it cause I don’t want to steal from Mike’s thunder, but this will be a very different team from last year. They will be very guard heavy and play more up tempo. I think we are gonna give up some points but also have the potential to score a whole lot of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Chancellor White won’t be available till sometime in January if at all this year.

I won’t get too deep into it cause I don’t want to steal from Mike’s thunder, but this will be a very different team from last year. They will be very guard heavy and play more up tempo. I think we are gonna give up some points but also have the potential to score a whole lot of points.
    I don't think he plays this year. Ratliff I think will be the breakout player that is the under the radar right now

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I don't think he plays this year. Ratliff I think will be the breakout player that is the under the radar right now
    I hope so we been hearing about it for last 2 years. Def gonna be small, Only 1 center and 2 PFs is a light roster …

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post

Small definitely… Shooters gotta really be on to score lots of points… We lost around 40 points and 20 rebs in the paint from last year … NOV 6, we gonna have a good idea of what’s to come…

CAJUNMIKE, what’s the White Details !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    CAJUNMIKE, what’s the White Details !!!
    Coach Marlin has spoken about Chancellor White in recent radio interviews with Kevin Foote and Jay Walker. He also spoke about it in his podcast interview with Jay. Therefore there is nothing confidential about this at this time. Chancellor suffered a knee injury in the late spring. In early June he underwent successful surgery. His rehab has gone very well and he is ahead of the recovery schedule. He could possibly play when conference play begins. However, at this point trainers are recommending he sit out the entire season with a medical redshirt. He would have 3 years remaining to play starting next season if that were the route followed. Come late December, trainers/doctors may clear him to play if his rehab continues to go well. At that point a decision will have to be made on whether to play him this season or go the redshirt route. This is not football. You play one minute in a regular game and you have used your eligibility for that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Marlin has spoken about Chancellor White in recent radio interviews with Kevin Foote and Jay Walker. He also spoke about it in his podcast interview with Jay. Therefore there is nothing confidential about this at this time. Chancellor suffered a knee injury in the late spring. In early June he underwent successful surgery. His rehab has gone very well and he is ahead of the recovery schedule. He could possibly play when conference play begins. However, at this point trainers are recommending he sit out the entire season with a medical redshirt. He would have 3 years remaining to play starting next season if that were the route followed. Come late December, trainers/doctors may clear him to play if his rehab continues to go well. At that point a decision will have to be made on whether to play him this season or go the redshirt route. This is not football. You play one minute in a regular game and you have used your eligibility for that season.
    The guy wasn't ready last year when they burned the redshirt. He's not ready for D1 basketball, wise move would be to sit out whole year. London Fields is ready right now to play big minutes for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    The guy wasn't ready last year when they burned the redshirt. He's not ready for D1 basketball, wise move would be to sit out whole year. London Fields is ready right now to play big minutes for us.
    I agree that White is likely to sit out the season. The reason he played last season was due to Kobe Julien not being ready to play until conference play began. When cleared to play this season, he can benefit from extra practice time like all players.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Catch a preview at the Union courtyard tonight at 7.
    There is also an exhibition game at the Dome on Monday Oct. 30 vs UT-Tyler. That is a week from yesterday. Not sure how much you will be able to gain from that contest. I think the major reason for this game is that we have a tough opening night opponent on Nov. 6 in Youngstown State. I imagine the staff wanted a dress rehearsal prior to the regular season kicking off.

Did we (or will we) have any of those super secret scrimmages this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Did we (or will we) have any of those super secret scrimmages this year?
    There was one on Sunday.

By the way UT Tyler lost to Arkansas in an exhibition 92-39.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information