Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music at Cajun Field

ooh LA La. Music at Cajun Field

Music at the game Saturday was good! Volume was good!

I saw the students dancing during the Zydeco music. I heard the people singing along near me during the Zydeco/Rock music. Crowd favorite had to be Keith Frank's Casanova.

Don't be afraid to play more Cajun and Rock songs.

Lastly, for the love of the Almighty, would someone tell the band director to STOP playing Seven Nation Army. PLEASE STOP! We have had ENOUGH! Find some different hooks. I'm freakin' begging you.

Default Re: Music at Cajun Field

something about including something CAJUN at a Ragin Cajun game that just make sense.

I'm still pushing for this during the "play under review"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkl7.t=RDMM&index=3

3. Default Re: Music at Cajun Field

. . . Horace Trahan . . . everybody loves him . . .

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc.9&action=click

I really wish they would get rid of the first down call. First time I heard it done like that was in Monroe. The guy on the PA really thinks it is cool. He was even trying to get people to practice it while MCing the parade by the alumni tent at 3 in the afternoon.

5. Default Re: Music at Cajun Field

. . . it’s a money maker so it’s not going away . . . they doing it everywhere in every sport . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Lastly, for the love of the Almighty, would someone tell the band director to STOP playing Seven Nation Army. PLEASE STOP! We have had ENOUGH! Find some different hooks. I'm freakin' begging you.
    Still better than when they play Gimme Cornbread. That crap got old so fast. I probably have PTSD just from hearing them play it so many times

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Music at the game Saturday was good! Volume was good!

I saw the students dancing during the Zydeco music. I heard the people singing along near me during the Zydeco/Rock music. Crowd favorite had to be Keith Frank's Casanova.

Don't be afraid to play more Cajun and Rock songs.

I gave them options on how to livin up the crowd on the Band Thread I did my part!

Even gave songs where they can purchase the music online for Marching Band! With the arrangements in the pictures!

Give me more of that Cornbread!

Name:  IMG_5932.gif
Views: 193
Size:  1.73 MB

The three things I post about.

Music, Game Day Experience, Attendance, and how to solidify us as Louisiana!

These are things we can control I can’t control how well a coach can coach or how players play!

I will never get tired of Beau Jaque either piped of marching band it don't matter.

Is there a marching band arrangement for Shama Lama Ding Dong from Animal House?

11. Default Re: Music at Cajun Field

With the amount of music to choose from, bands should never have to keep going to the well.

This isn't radio where the audience keeps changing minute to minute and hour to hour.

Now I'm talking about a single game, next week I don't mind hearing the same repertoire again.

Ask yourself, (except for some unique situation outliers) how often do concert bands play the same song over and over?

When the band reaches this level they can cut out all piped in music.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    With the amount of music to choose from, bands should never have to keep going to the well.

This isn't radio where the audience keeps changing minute to minute and hour to hour.

Now I'm talking about a single game, next week I don't mind hearing the same repertoire again.

Ask yourself, (except for some unique situation outliers) how often do concert bands play the same song over and over?

When the band reaches this level they can cut out all piped in music.
    Agree!!

Would love to hear any college band play The Gael from Braveheart/Last of the Mohicans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=by62R.ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Would love to hear any college band play The Gael from Braveheart/Last of the Mohicans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=by62R.ature=youtu.be
    Love that song you wish is my command!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMmngW.dtZW5yIA%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Is there a marching band arrangement for Shama Lama Ding Dong from Animal House?
    +1000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information