Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Music at Cajun Field

Default Re: Music at Cajun Field

Another one I'd personally like to hear:

https://youtu.be/rTEcXWSFo8g?si=tFHU3iYdakmj_eXA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    With the amount of music to choose from, bands should never have to keep going to the well.

This isn't radio where the audience keeps changing minute to minute and hour to hour.

Now I'm talking about a single game, next week I don't mind hearing the same repertoire again.

Ask yourself, (except for some unique situation outliers) how often do concert bands play the same song over and over?

When the band reaches this level they can cut out all piped in music.
    Need to be consistent at big moments. Touchdown, big 3rd down stops…something that every generation growing up saying that is what I hear when the cajuns score. Kinda like Tennessee and Rocky Top. Been since before I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Need to be consistent at big moments. Touchdown, big 3rd down stops…something that every generation growing up saying that is what I hear when the cajuns score. Kinda like Tennessee and Rocky Top. Been since before I was born.
    Everyone and the mama and almost every University plays this when there team is driving

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9o3H.aW5nIGJhbmQ%3D

We actually do it is the last line of Respect, and now it’s Cornbread every time we get a first down.

Listen next football game

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Still better than when they play Gimme Cornbread. That crap got old so fast. I probably have PTSD just from hearing them play it so many times
    I agree with you 100%! That one song makes the band a really bad band. It's only four measures, but it gets in your head and you can't get it out. No reason to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I agree with you 100%! That one song makes the band a really bad band. It's only four measures, but it gets in your head and you can't get it out. No reason to do it.
    Hire Roarman as band director and all music issues would be fixed. I have said this for a few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information