Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

1. UL Softball Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

During the 2024 season the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team faces a Power 5 top-heavy non-conference schedule, continues its home-and-home series with LSU, appears in national champion Oklahoma's grand-opening of Love Field and hosts James Madison in Sun Belt play, it was revealed on Monday, October 23.

The four-time defending Sun Belt regular season and tournament champion and 2023 NCAA Super Regional participant Ragin' Cajuns (50-16, 22-2 SBC in 2023) are scheduled to play 15 games against Power 5 programs – nearly half of the 32 non-conference games scheduled – during their quest for a 25th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.

The challenging non-conference slate features visits to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park by California and Baylor, road tournaments at Texas and Oklahoma, plus a midweek home-and-home with LSU – all designed to heighten the Ragin' Cajuns chances of hosting an NCAA Regional at Lamson Park.

Year No. 7 with Gerry Glasco begins at Lamson Park from February 8-11 with the 38th Annual Louisiana Classics, as Louisiana welcomes California, New Mexico and Chattanooga for the Mardi Gras-weekend event.

After a road doubleheader at Mississippi State (Feb. 13), the Ragin' Cajuns return to Lamson Park for the showcase weekend of the home schedule – a three-game series with Baylor from February 16-18.

The following two weekends are highlighted by Louisiana's marquee road tournaments: a trip to Austin, Texas the weekend of February 23-25 featuring two games apiece against both the Longhorns and 2023 WCWS participant Stanford, immediately followed by a March 1-3 visit to Norman, Oklahoma where two contests with the three-time defending national champion Sooners await.

Pre-conference tournament play concludes March 9-10 in Conway, Arkansas at Central Arkansas' Milisa Moore Tournament where the Cajuns play UCA and Stephen F. Austin twice.

A midweek home game with McNeese on March 13 precedes Louisiana's Sun Belt Conference Opening Weekend series which is on the road at South Alabama the weekend of March 15-17 in Mobile, Alabama.

The LSU midweek series begins in Baton Rouge on Tuesday, March 19, then the Cajuns close out the week with their conference home opener vs. Coastal Carolina from March 22-24. One week later, the month of March closes with a (March 28-30) trip to App State.

Louisiana's Sun Belt weekends in April are split evenly between home and away, with the Cajuns hosting JMU (April 5-7) and Southern Miss (April 19-21) at Lamson Park while traveling to Texas State (April 12-14) and ULM (April 26-28). Conference play concludes at Lamson Park with a three-game set against Troy from May 2-4.

Adding in LSU's return visit to Lamson Park on Tuesday, April 23, the Ragin' Cajuns are set to play a combined eight midweek games against in-state foes which also includes home-and-homes with Nicholls (Feb. 20, April 17), Louisiana Tech (Feb. 21, March 19) and McNeese (March 13, April 24).

UL's defense of its Sun Belt Tournament crown will take place in San Marcos, Texas as Texas State's Bobcat Softball Stadium hosts the league's postseason event from May 8-11.

NCAA Tournament play begins the following weekend (May 17-19) with the regional round, marking the start of the journey to the Women's College World Series which is scheduled for May 30-June 7 at USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

During the 2024 season the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team faces a Power 5 top-heavy non-conference schedule, continues its home-and-home series with LSU, appears in national champion Oklahoma's grand-opening of Love Field and hosts James Madison in Sun Belt play, it was revealed on Monday, October 23.

The four-time defending Sun Belt regular season and tournament champion and 2023 NCAA Super Regional participant Ragin' Cajuns (50-16, 22-2 SBC in 2023) are scheduled to play 15 games against Power 5 programs – nearly half of the 32 non-conference games scheduled – during their quest for a 25th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.

The challenging non-conference slate features visits to Yvette Girouard Field at Lamson Park by California and Baylor, road tournaments at Texas and Oklahoma, plus a midweek home-and-home with LSU – all designed to heighten the Ragin' Cajuns chances of hosting an NCAA Regional at Lamson Park.

Year No. 7 with Gerry Glasco begins at Lamson Park from February 8-11 with the 38th Annual Louisiana Classics, as Louisiana welcomes California, New Mexico and Chattanooga for the Mardi Gras-weekend event.

After a Mardi Gras day road doubleheader at Mississippi State (Feb. 13), the Ragin' Cajuns return to Lamson Park for the showcase weekend of the home schedule – a three-game series with Baylor from February 16-18.
    Really good schedule but disappointing in having only 22 home games that I see. Loyal fans who faithfully support the team and pay top dollar for season tickets would like to see more I'm sure.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Really good schedule but disappointing in having only 22 home games that I see. Loyal fans who faithfully support the team and pay top dollar for season tickets would like to see more I'm sure.
    This is what I propose for football.

Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

I would rather try to host regionals and super regionals. The 2025 season schedule will have some really good teams coming to Lamson. Stay tuned.

Building a schedule with the goal of hosting in the postseason from a non-power 5 conf requires getting on a bus/plane.

It’s also a quality over quantity home schedule, and to get schools from the Pac-12, Big XII and SEC should make those loyal supporters excited.

Guess only question I have is why the Central Arkansas tourney. They had a good year last year. But the reason for that good year transferred to Alabama (pitcher).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Building a schedule with the goal of hosting in the postseason from a non-power 5 conf requires getting on a bus/plane.

It’s also a quality over quantity home schedule, and to get schools from the Pac-12, Big XII and SEC should make those loyal supporters excited.

Guess only question I have is why the Central Arkansas tourney. They had a good year last year. But the reason for that good year transferred to Alabama (pitcher).
    I agree with you on the quality of the home games, and the Central Arkansas tourney is a head scratcher. Still, you'd think we might get a break on the price with not too many home games.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

I agree with you on the quality of the home games, and the Central Arkansas tourney is a head scratcher. Still, you'd think we might get a break on the price with not too many home games.
    . . . no . . .

Consider the non break on price a donation. Other projects at Lamson are coming down the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Consider the non break on price a donation. Other projects at Lamson are coming down the pipe.
    Pike

I don’t care to get a break in season ticket pricing . For 30 yrs I had basketball and football season tickets but gave them up because of the home schedules . I purchased softball tickets because of the home schedules. It’s the only sport that we have that can host a top 5 program. Having said that, this home schedule is very disappointing. We should be able to host a tourney like Texas is hosting every year. I hope this is not a trend.

According to Glasco we were supposed to play Texas A&M in a midweek series at Lamson this year, forgot what happened but they had to back out for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    According to Glasco we were supposed to play Texas A&M in a midweek series at Lamson this year, forgot what happened but they had to back out for some reason.
    Also Texas. Those two teams should be at Lamson in 2025.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

This years schedule will pay dividends at Lady Cajuns Park for years to come.

14. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Schedule Loaded with Big-Name Games Again in 2024

Don't sleep on this years home schedule, it is going to be a good one even with the limited games we have at home.

We start the season vs RPI ranked #34 team Cal from last year, Cal won 35 games last year and made it to the Regional Finals.

We also play New Mexico and Chattanooga in the home tournament, UNM had an RPI of 176 and Chattanooga was 168. But UNM is expected to be much better this year and has had some pretty good teams in the past. Both teams were close to .500 last year.

We then get 3 games at home vs #22 Baylor. Baylor and won 40 games and played in the NCAA tournament.

La Tech is a sub 100 RPI team who won 32 games last year.

McNeese lost in the Washington Regional Finals but was #31 RPI team and was one win from playing us in the Super Regional.

Nicholls was 29-24 and one of their best seasons in a long time and should continue to improve.

And then finally LSU the #11 RPI team and a regional final team in the Baton Rouge region.

This is no cakewalk home schedule, I realize next year will be great, but we are looking at some pretty salty teams at home this year, with no real terrible teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Don't sleep on this years home schedule, it is going to be a good one even with the limited games we have at home.

We start the season vs RPI ranked #34 team Cal from last year, Cal won 35 games last year and made it to the Regional Finals.

We also play New Mexico and Chattanooga in the home tournament, UNM had an RPI of 176 and Chattanooga was 168. But UNM is expected to be much better this year and has had some pretty good teams in the past. Both teams were close to .500 last year.

We then get 3 games at home vs #22 Baylor. Baylor and won 40 games and played in the NCAA tournament.

La Tech is a sub 100 RPI team who won 32 games last year.

McNeese lost in the Washington Regional Finals but was #31 RPI team and was one win from playing us in the Super Regional.

Nicholls was 29-24 and one of their best seasons in a long time and should continue to improve.

And then finally LSU the #11 RPI team and a regional final team in the Baton Rouge region.

This is no cakewalk home schedule, I realize next year will be great, but we are looking at some pretty salty teams at home this year, with no real terrible teams.
    .you left out the salty conference teams we play at home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information